The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

8 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

This is the simplest explanation for me. And it’s DQ not Vic. Vic is just the symptom. 

Players see this talented super lazy player suck for a few years and then get retained for 13M. He then skips out on mini camp and DQ let’s it go. 

This signals to players DQ has no balls to bench him or reprimand or light a fire in him. 

All the other players that haven’t gotten paid yet see this. Jealousy and frustration set in. 

DQ hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The players see him coddling and paying a lazy player. 

This is the simplest explanation for me. 

I see it this way as well. It's speculation on my part, but I think DQ chose not to ride Beasley hard because of Vic's demeanor. Maybe DQ had too much faith that VB would be able to turn the corner and that patience was needed. These actions could have affected many on the team, maybe not in a frustrated/jealous way, but in a way that it is okay not to perform well at times because DQ will try to work you through it, that DQ knows you have potential and that he'll help you get to where you need to be. It's all happiness, the Brotherhood, and having each other's back at Flowery Branch; maybe tough love and benching guys would have been better. Yes, Quinn has quietly made certain players share snaps in games to acclimate a younger player, and because the vet guy (ex: Alford) was on his way out, but maybe it should have been done with a harsher manner to wake some people up. You can't be everyone's friend and like you say "Coddling" players who are not getting it done.

Fans are always looking for someone to blame for this pitiful season ... Trust me,, it's not Beasley's fault... To keep it simple,, we have the Wrong Head Coach and O#C ...... Which equals the wrong way to play Pro Football.  Sure , Vic may not be the best DE in the league,, But it's still not his fault for our disaster of a year.

If Blank will go out and find the right HC with the right scheme for a NFL team.. Then We will have the team we need to compete ... Look at what Shanny is doing,, He is the Coach we should have kept and it would be built like SF is being built to be a top Franchise. Don't be shocked if SF takes it all this year. BTW,, I hated it when we let him go, And didn't keep Him as HC. The prof is in the puddin ....

A great O# is your best D# ,, This philosophy will work,,, See winning teams and how this is evident. 

15 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I think he does have all pro attributes....his first step is still among the best in the league....the problem is he has not had anything other than strait speed since coming into the league.

He just has not developed the way he could....part of that is on him and part of that is him having to play a "hybrid" role for the last 3 years....he is dropping back inspace nearly as much as he is actually rushing the passer.

So yeah....a change of scenery could absolutely help him.

100% agree. I have feeling, if he chooses to, he will become something special on the field.

Who knows if he chooses to or not though. I wish nothing but the best for the young man. I have some close friends that work with VB and they tell me that he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. ‘Yes Sir’s and the whole bowl of wax.

While he may never become what we hoped he would as a football player, he is a quality human being and I can appreciate that just as much.

I know this is a football board, but there is more to life than football.

Edited by Emmitt

13 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

100% agree. I have feeling, if he chooses to, he will become something special on the field.

Who knows if he chooses to or not though. I wish nothing but the best for the young man. I have some close friends that work with VB and they tell me that he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. ‘Yes Sir’s and the whole bowl of wax.

While he may never become what we hoped he would as a football player, he is a quality human being and I can appreciate that just as much.

I know this is a football board, but there is more to life than football.

Agree, with one caveat — if he doesn’t have the desire to play, he should quit instead of stealing $13 million from the franchise. He’s letting his team down. 

And if I thought he lacked ability I wouldn’t say that. 

16 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

All-Pro caliber edge rusher... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If there was ever confirmation that analysts don’t actually watch half the teams they write about, here you go.

Pretty much, this.

And now SI thinks Oakland May offer a 3rd for Beasley. This may be the lone gift in an otherwise pointless season.  Don’t like SI speculating on Hooper to Seahawks, though

While the market hasn't quite generated as expected for Beasley, there will still be suitors in search of his services. The Oakland Raiders have significant needs on defense, including at pass rusher, and they could look to add Beasley to Paul Guenther's defense. The team just received a third-round pick from the Houston Texans in exchange for cornerback Gareon Conley, which could be used to bolster the defensive line.

While Beasley has long been viewed as someone that could be moved, Hooper is a player that has been producing at a consistent level for this Falcons offense. As a safety valve for quarterback Matt Ryan, the fourth-year tight end from Stanford has 14 career touchdowns and is on the way to a new personal best in receiving yards. He has 526 through seven games and is only 134 yards shy of tying his previous career-high (660).

If the Falcons do indeed trade Hooper to a tight end-needy team, such as the Seattle Seahawks, they will have parted ways with two of their top four targets in terms of yards. Julio Jones leads the group with 560 yards while fellow Alabama receiver Calvin Ridley is third on the team with 373 yards. Sanu was fourth overall with 313 prior to his departure for New England.

Vic is not THE problem but he certainly is A problem and probably the easiest case to call out on what is wrong with the team.

TD also has to be held accountable as he has yet to be able to replace John Abraham and has wasted ALOT of draft picks and FA singings trying to.

TD is simply horrible at talent evaluation along the trenches.

17 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Right, that’s what I thought. Thread title kinda threw me, like he’s gotta be moved or we’re going to be on the hook for something next year.

Everyone is looking for a means to get rid of VB, If we can find a suitor, and they would take on the remainder of his 2019 salary, that money can be used in other placves (Hooper contract for example) or rolled over into the 2020 season to help with the amount we are over the cap already.  It's not that we would be on the hook for anything next year, but it's more that we want to try to get some compensation NOW, so that we didn't just waste ALL of it this year and possibly we can save a little money in the process.

17 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Actually the biggest variable no one mentions in all this Cap **** talk is the fact we don't have a CBA next year. So no one actually knows what the cap is, will be, or if it will even exist as we know it now after 2019.

There was a really good article about this about two months ago.  I can't remember where it was, but if I can find it, I will post it in a separate thread.  Basically, because of the issues during the last CBA negotiation and teams (Dallas) exploiting the uncapped year, there is actually a CAP number next year.  I don't remember what it is, but it is a percentage of something.  I was thinking the same thing, but once I read it and confirmed it by actually looking the CBA up and the section that was reference, it made me realize that teams are still going to have to be real careful next year.

No one wants this piece of garbage. This should be a EYE OPENER to Blank to wake the F up and get rid of his TERRIBLE Scouting Department and Right hand man clown Rich McKay, Atlanta fans sick of this regime. Rich McKay, TD, Sabo, Webster, Emry, Collier need to ALL BE GONE. Atlanta has NO tradeable pieces. Unlike Atlanta, if someone is FAILING at their current job other NFL organizations dont want them. No one will trade for Trufant, no one will trade for Beasley,  we only have two real starters on out whole entire defense and that is D Jones and Jarrett. THAT IS A POOR:Y CONSTRUCTED ROSTER. That AINT COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for Dumb ass

Edited by Refried Beans

Anyone wanna bet we repeat the same "process" jus tplay the video from the news conference four years ago and dub out Mike Smith's name and put in Dan Quinn's. Stupid people repeating same process expecting different results. Here we go again, nothing changes until McKay and the Terrible 5 are gone. McKay, TD, Collier, Sabo, Emry, Webster gotta go! Who hired TD? McKay. 

Image result for mike smith fired

Edited by Refried Beans

1 hour ago, rings639 said:

Than why did Grady flourish while Beasley failed?

Exactly. When your head coach goes out on a limb to bring you back and offers to work with you personally and YOU decline, and then you go out lay a huge egg of disappointment, that's more of your problem, than the coach who at least tried. Grady is excelling. No reason Vic shouldn't if he took the time to get actually get better.

26 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Anyone wanna bet we repeat the same "process" jus tplay the video from the news conference four years ago and dub out Mike Smith's name and put in Dan Quinn's. Stupid people repeating same process expecting different results. Here we go again, nothing changes until McKay and the Terrible 5 are gone. McKay, TD, Collier, Sabo, Emry, Webster gotta go! Who hired TD? McKay. 

Image result for mike smith fired

The team is top 10 in wins over the last decade, yet people act like this team is bottom of the barrel.  Do we need change to move things forward?  Yes.  But the idea that this franchise is a dumpster fire because it didn’t win a ring a few years ago is also growing very stale.  

11 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

This is the simplest explanation for me. And it’s DQ not Vic. Vic is just the symptom. 

Players see this talented super lazy player suck for a few years and then get retained for 13M. He then skips out on mini camp and DQ let’s it go. 

This signals to players DQ has no balls to bench him or reprimand or light a fire in him. 

All the other players that haven’t gotten paid yet see this. Jealousy and frustration set in. 

DQ hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The players see him coddling and paying a lazy player. 

This is the simplest explanation for me. 

Not sure he ever knew+