The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the simplest explanation for me. And it’s DQ not Vic. Vic is just the symptom.  Players see this talented super lazy player suck for a few years and then get retained for 13M. He then ski

This is Arthur Blank textbook stuff.  He coddles players.  Treats them like family.  Gives them fat contracts.  Most of them never play up to those contracts. The Julio situation is the most egregio

I miss Algernon.  He was fun to watch.

32 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

If you get a late round pick for him, it's not really gonna go towards helping that much. Be nice to have a extra pick , but it more than likely gonna be a pick that is cut or on the PS. I just don't think it's something to be desperate about. This fix is gonna take time. Squeeze them and try to get a higher pick. 

Oh, no doubt, this fix will take some time.  And about a Vic trade, I'm sure they'll squeeze it 'til the cows come home.  I just don't think we'll get anything better for Vic than a 4th, if that.  But if we do get a 4th or better, there's usually some pretty good talent left in that round, if you know what you're looking for ---- which I don't have a lot of faith in that happening....after all, this is the Falcons!  We just have to hope for the best, and expect the worst ---- lol...

Nah man simply put Its a fark up from DQ in how he chosen to use him and  a fark up from Beasley for pissing his talent on the wall.

For me I thought all off season we were going with over fronts and just using Beasley as a situational rusher.Run these bigger fronts with Clayborn and Takk playing the early downs and Beasley coming in as a speed guy on 3rd down or in definite rushing situations.

I don’t know why DQ wanted use him against the run.

I actually can’t stand that Beasley hasn’t added anything to his rushing arsenal and that’s his issue.Athletically he’s fine but nuance and adding anything to his game is his problem when it comes to rushing the passer.

DQ I don’t know what his thoughts were on bringing him back as I never thought much of him playing and using him the way he is.

45 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

This is the simplest explanation for me. And it’s DQ not Vic. Vic is just the symptom. 

Players see this talented super lazy player suck for a few years and then get retained for 13M. He then skips out on mini camp and DQ let’s it go. 

This signals to players DQ has no balls to bench him or reprimand or light a fire in him. 

All the other players that haven’t gotten paid yet see this. Jealousy and frustration set in. 

DQ hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The players see him coddling and paying a lazy player. 

This is the simplest explanation for me. 

You may be on to something there, bro.  I mean, we're only human, and when you see a lazy player like that get paid some ridiculous amount of money, and being coddled like a little school girl, while you're busting your butt out there on every play, and working hard on your craft to get better ---- it can cause you to lose faith in the system as well as your coaches.  Hopefully, we can off-load Vic real soon, and be done with his high salary, as well as his sorry a$$ attitude!!! 

24 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

You may be on to something there, bro.  I mean, we're only human, and when you see a lazy player like that get paid some ridiculous amount of money, and being coddled like a little school girl, while you're busting your butt out there on every play, and working hard on your craft to get better ---- it can cause you to lose faith in the system as well as your coaches.  Hopefully, we can off-load Vic real soon, and be done with his high salary, as well as his sorry a$$ attitude!!! 

Exactly. The only two things that changed this year were keeping Vic when we could have easily dropped him and DQ taking over the D. I’m going with the former as the most likely reason we are so terrible 

24 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Straight up he is on to something!!!!!! That locker room cancer spread with a vengeance. 

This is Arthur Blank textbook stuff.  He coddles players.  Treats them like family.  Gives them fat contracts.  Most of them never play up to those contracts.
The Julio situation is the most egregious.  Never before has a player sat out while 2 years into a new contract that's supposed to be a 5 year deal.  Arthur folded like a blanket for Julio.  A guy who touches the ball an average of 8 times a game.  You're letting that guy hold your team hostage?

Blank is obviously willing to write whatever checks are necessary to get this town a Superbowl.  What he needs to do is sign the checks and let the pros run the team, just as he did with United.

3 hours ago, FalconJim said:

No, we aren't desperate to trade Vic, since he's gone after the season anyway, but we are desperate as a team to get this thing going in the right direction, is what I meant!  But if we could get a Draft Pick for Bustley during the season this year, it would go a long way toward reducing the cap, and having the cash to sign a serviceable FA during the off-season....not to mention sign our top draft picks --- 

If you have a cancerous tumor, you want to have surgery to remove it as quick as possible before it spreads. Unfortunately it has already metastasized. 

Most sentiments here are that there is no hope for him ever becoming an elite pass rusher no matter a change of scenery or proper coaching. However, if the Patriots (or some other quality organization) were to come calling I would wonder if there’s something they see that can be fixed in him. 

Edited by Skott Lee
9 hours ago, rings639 said:

The guy has no motor, effort takes zero talent.  You can blame Quinn for a lot of things, Beasley flopping is not one of them.  Beasley and Jarrett came from the same school, they came here at the same time, one was the 8th overall pick, one was a fifth round pick.  They have had the same coaches since being here.  One has continued to get better and earned a second contract, one has gotten worse and will be a free agent soon.  Not sure what other proof you need that this is on Vic, not Quinn.

Good points. 

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

This is the simplest explanation for me. And it’s DQ not Vic. Vic is just the symptom. 

Players see this talented super lazy player suck for a few years and then get retained for 13M. He then skips out on mini camp and DQ let’s it go. 

This signals to players DQ has no balls to bench him or reprimand or light a fire in him. 

All the other players that haven’t gotten paid yet see this. Jealousy and frustration set in. 

DQ hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The players see him coddling and paying a lazy player. 

This is the simplest explanation for me. 

What you are saying is true, but ultimately it is Quinn and management’s handling of Vic that is the problem. I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure out some kind of underlying locker room festering cancer that may be the problem and this might be it, along with Koetter’s crappy offense. 

If this is it, then Quinn AND ownership has lost the locker room. And if THIS is true, will it ever change as long as Blank is the owner? Can Blank be trusted anymore in the players’ eyes? I still think about Blank wheeling Vick around in his wheelchair. Reputations are hard to dissolve and Blank has a long history of coddling star players. 

Edited by Skott Lee
41 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

What you are saying is true, but ultimately it is Quinn and management’s handling of Vic that is the problem. I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure out some kind of underlying locker room festering cancer that may be the problem and this might be it, along with Koetter’s crappy offense. 

If this is it, then Quinn AND ownership has lost the locker room. And if THIS is true, will it ever change as long as Blank is the owner? Can Blank be trusted anymore in the players’ eyes? I still think about Blank wheeling Vick around in his wheelchair. Reputations are hard to dissolve and Blank has a long history of coddling star players. 

Kotters offense has nothing to do with the defense though which is historically bad and yes Vic is the symptom. DQ is the problem. Just made a shorter headline since ultimately both are 

4 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Oh, no doubt, this fix will take some time.  And about a Vic trade, I'm sure they'll squeeze it 'til the cows come home.  I just don't think we'll get anything better for Vic than a 4th, if that.  But if we do get a 4th or better, there's usually some pretty good talent left in that round, if you know what you're looking for ---- which I don't have a lot of faith in that happening....after all, this is the Falcons!  We just have to hope for the best, and expect the worst ---- lol...

I got ya,That would be cool. I would be good with a 4th.. Im just afraid he has no market or someone would offer a 6th or 7th. I just couldn't go that low, even for him. Not that i think he's worth a lot, its just principal. I wouldn't take a chance of them benefiting greatly and getting off that easy. I'd rather keep him till the end. Lol! Im spiteful! Cause I know they wouldn't! 

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Kotters offense has nothing to do with the defense though which is historically bad and yes Vic is the symptom. DQ is the problem. Just made a shorter headline since ultimately both are 

I was talking about the overall team problems. If the offense was clicking, the defense would be spending less time on the field and we might be 3-4 or 4-3 by winning those games with a 45-42 score for example. The Arizona and Indy game were winnable in that way. And the Rams game was reachable for a while. The defense would still be bad. Truth is, everything is wrong with this team. I can’t believe we actually stole a game from the Eagles. 

Edited by Skott Lee