The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

Fans have been harping on Beasley long before this season started. It's not just Beasley, the player that is part of the problem, but the idea that DQ and the front office decided to invest in him, even though he's had only one good season. They'll be no scapegoats because the HC and the front office are all likely to get the boot along with Vic.

5 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Sell edge rusher Vic Beasley. One down, one to go. Atlanta shipped Mohamed Sanu up to Boston early Tuesday morning, just hours after his name trickled out as a trade candidate. Now it's time to cut bait with the other Falcon set to fly the coop. Beasley -- a former first-round pick making $12.8 million in this, his final year under contract -- is an All Pro-caliber edge rusher who just needs a change of scenery. Oakland and Baltimore could be options. Potential compensation: 2020 third-round pick. 

"All Pro caliber edge rusher" --- LOL!!!   And I'd be jumping up and down happy, if we could get a 2020 3rd pick for this JackWagon! 

All pro go go dancer maybe, Bustley has less heart than a Jellyfish. 

For those that like data/analytics, below is a good snapshot on why more people shouldn’t have expected Vic Beasley to have sustained success after 2016.  He converted an abnormally high amount of pressures into sacks, which is not sustainable long term.

This data does not include any year they missed more than half of the season due to injury or 2019.  

Take away:  Vic is bad, JJ Watt is good.  Watt had more QB hits in 15 than Beasley has his entire career.

EHnBwEmXUAA53Xg?format=jpg&name=small

13 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

"If" they trade Vic, I wouldn't be shocked if they get a higher pick than most think, we aren't desperate and the team who gets him must want him.

"We aren't desperate"???  Dude, where have you been?  And yes, the team who gets him, must really, REALLY want him, for whatever reason... 

Posted this in another thread, but this is why other teams don’t want Vic.  He isn’t a top tier pass rusher, never has been.  He converted an abnormally high amount of his pressures into sacks In 16, it isn’t sustainable and those that watched and know football well knew it was a fluke.

EHnBwEmXUAA53Xg?format=jpg&name=small

Im honestly ok with whatever Blank does with Quinn. I wouldn't be angry if he kept Quinn and cleaned out TD and the whole upper front office and Gave DQ one more year with new people over him.  I do want a new offensive mind at OC and wouldn't mind one as a HC. We aren't doing nothing next year regardless.

4 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

"We aren't desperate"???  Dude, where have you been?  And yes, the team who gets him, must really, REALLY want him, for whatever reason... 

No, we aren't desperate. Vic is gone regardless. It's not like we have to trade him. We aren't trading for a run in the playoffs, the one contacting us is. We can squeeze them and not get a ****. Someone will probably overpay for him or we won't be able to trade him. 

2 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

No, we aren't desperate. Vic is gone regardless. It's not like we have to trade him. We aren't trading for a run in the playoffs, the one contacting us is. We can squeeze them and not get a ****. Someone will probably overpay for him or we won't be able to trade him. 

No, we aren't desperate to trade Vic, since he's gone after the season anyway, but we are desperate as a team to get this thing going in the right direction, is what I meant!  But if we could get a Draft Pick for Bustley during the season this year, it would go a long way toward reducing the cap, and having the cash to sign a serviceable FA during the off-season....not to mention sign our top draft picks --- 

22 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

No, we aren't desperate to trade Vic, since he's gone after the season anyway, but we are desperate as a team to get this thing going in the right direction, is what I meant!  But if we could get a Draft Pick for Bustley during the season this year, it would go a long way toward reducing the cap, and having the cash to sign a serviceable FA during the off-season....not to mention sign our top draft picks --- 

If you get a late round pick for him, it's not really gonna go towards helping that much. Be nice to have a extra pick , but it more than likely gonna be a pick that is cut or on the PS. I just don't think it's something to be desperate about. This fix is gonna take time. Squeeze them and try to get a higher pick. 

This is the simplest explanation for me. And it’s DQ not Vic. Vic is just the symptom. 

Players see this talented super lazy player suck for a few years and then get retained for 13M. He then skips out on mini camp and DQ let’s it go. 

This signals to players DQ has no balls to bench him or reprimand or light a fire in him. 

All the other players that haven’t gotten paid yet see this. Jealousy and frustration set in. 

DQ hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The players see him coddling and paying a lazy player. 

This is the simplest explanation for me.