The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We drafted Beasley lazy rump for one reason, his get off speed.. Imo thats not enough to say hes a top 10 draft prospect.. Probably could have got him in the 3rd tbh

Like so many of our draft misses this last decade, we were desperate and swore that we were just one piece away from winning it all instead of realizing that we are typically 1 or 2 injuries away from sub .500 every season.

5 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I would understand the firing of DQ, but I don't believe he is the problem, and before this year, has done an awesome job at creating an atmosphere at flowery branch that is called The Brotherhood. I think the players still believe in it, but most of them are mentally defeated and have checked out already because they had such high expectations for themselves this year. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

TATF was fun from 2001 to right about that time. The players loved the stick. Can't remember if it was Grimes or Roddy but they were like Dam I won the stick!!!! Plus we used to have MBGTs, Branch tours, watch parties, etc.

Was Roddy, and he shouted us out in a video, until Troff and the me too feminazis shut it down for pr reasons :argh:

OK we all know Beasley has a wealth of faults and has not played well. A good guy who is being crucified. But who gave Beasley 13 mil when we could have used it somewhere else? Who passed up a third round draft pick for Beasley? Who said that this summer "Beasley might not like him? Who keeps playing him instead of Cominsky and cut Larkin, Odum and Hage, they couldn't have done worst. Who cut Beasley's best mentor- Feeney thinking they could do it themselves? Who hires coaches and try to force them to be Shanny? Who is too stubborn to even try to use a big back? Why is D. Jones just looking like an average LB when he was looking like an All Star. Who is not making the right moves to improve our team? Why do the underperforming players continue to play? Are our interior line coaches, coaching players up? Why is all our money spent and we get these results? Why haven't a backup and successor to Mack been drafted? Why if we have all this so-called firepower we aren't using it properly? Who is responsible for these drafts? And the list goes on. No Sir Vic is not our only problem and the F O seems to be letting him take the big hit while they hide their glaring faults and  Deficiencies.

1 hour ago, athell said:

Money man.  If this franchise is stupid enough to do the same thing with Takk, ie exercise his 5th year option, it'll be the same thing.

People are already over Takk, he just makes way less.  Follow the money as is the case with anything.

If not Beasley they would have flushed the money somewhere else

I'm not sure anyone has said Vic is our only problem, I dont think anyone seriously believes we only have a few problems. I'm not sure how you think the FO is hiding behind Beasley when they are trying to trade him. If hes gone and the team plays the same, which it will obviously, how is that hiding behind him? I dont think I'm understanding you

Beasley not loving his trade and using his God gifted talents to excel or put in the work is what makes Beasley look so bad. Dude has absolutely zero passion for the sport. When he stood in the tunnel waiting on the refs review while his teammates were on the sideline was the writing on the wall when dudes heart and head were. 

16 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

A good guy who is being crucified.

Beasley not loving his trade and using his God gifted talents to excel or put in the work is what makes Beasley look so bad. Dude has absolutely zero passion for the sport. When he stood in the tunnel waiting on the refs review while his teammates were on the sideline was the writing on the wall when dudes heart and head were.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I don't remember exactly but I think it died when the Falcons got rid of Supes and Gritz who were two of the main supporters and maybe originators with I believe Tandy. My memory is fading so I could be wrong.

I think this is one of the last times it was presented. RW was the first receipient and held it the longest. We gotta have a fan mutiny and bring the stick back. 

5 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Sell edge rusher Vic Beasley. One down, one to go. Atlanta shipped Mohamed Sanu up to Boston early Tuesday morning, just hours after his name trickled out as a trade candidate. Now it's time to cut bait with the other Falcon set to fly the coop. Beasley -- a former first-round pick making $12.8 million in this, his final year under contract -- is an All Pro-caliber edge rusher who just needs a change of scenery. Oakland and Baltimore could be options. Potential compensation: 2020 third-round pick. 

"All Pro caliber edge rusher" --- LOL!!!   And I'd be jumping up and down happy, if we could get a 2020 3rd pick for this JackWagon! 

Sanu's Name was out there before then.