The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m all for bringing it back. 

TATF was fun from 2001 to right about that time. The players loved the stick. Can't remember if it was Grimes or Roddy but they were like Dam I won the stick!!!! Plus we used to have MBGTs, Branch tours, watch parties, etc.

3 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

All-Pro caliber edge rusher... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If there was ever confirmation that analysts don’t actually watch half the teams they write about, here you go.

Clearly hasn't watched any of our games. Definitely needs a change of scenery!!!  Anywhere but here.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

He ain’t lying though. Heck I was told not to disrespect the bum after calling out the negatives. 

"He led the league in sacks and you're complaining, ha, typical falcons fan. I am very intelligent" - every TATF member when they fall in love with a player. People think just because they're being positive that they're right. 

He wasn't even that **** good in 2016. His stats were way better than his actual play. He was a non-factor against starting caliber tackles, most of his sacks came from QB spies, beating up on bad RTs (and bad QBs, e.g. Paxton Lynch) AND most of his sacks were in like 6 games. He was non-existent during the playoffs, he got bullied in the Super Bowl AND he sucked against the run. AND he was playing out of position.

Seriously, the signs were there. He was a bad scheme fit, and had an outlier year. A wise FO would've traded his *** after 2017 AT LEAST.

2 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

How does it feel now that the entire NFL sees this dude for what he is!! Can’t even garner a low round draft choice because he is a turd, and is overpaid? 

You know who you are, that blamed Quinn and had nothing but love for his manbag! 

so now, how does it feel? We’re you wrong, or are you still riding the no sack shaft of big Vic Bustley!!!

Vrex is Dairy Queen's man. Queen promised a brand new stingy hard hitting attacking defense and gave Vrex a 3rd chance with a 13 million contract. Both Vrex and DQ have to go. 

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

"He led the league in sacks and you're complaining, ha, typical falcons fan. I am very intelligent" - every TATF member when they fall in love with a player. People think just because they're being positive that they're right. 

He wasn't even that **** good in 2016. His stats were way better than his actual play. He was a non-factor against starting caliber tackles, most of his sacks came from QB spies, beating up on bad RTs (and bad QBs, e.g. Paxton Lynch) AND most of his sacks were in like 6 games. He was non-existent during the playoffs, he got bullied in the Super Bowl AND he sucked against the run. AND he was playing out of position.

Seriously, the signs were there. He was a bad scheme fit, and had an outlier year. A wise FO would've traded his *** after 2017 AT LEAST.

Bruh you said the realest **** right there. You’re spot on in the entire post. Nothing to add to it

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Said the same thing after Vrex refused to hustle and allowed Derek Carr to run out of bounds on 2016 and got flamed. Granted i didn't think the short armed choir boy would bust this epically. 

Yo who you fooling, there's not a single player on our entire defense besides D Jones and Grady Jarrett that we could trade right now, the whole roster is a joke. So now we know this why are McKay, TD, Sabo, Collier, Emry, and Webster still here. Our scouting department is terrible. A bunch of losers.

Image result for losers

20 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Said the same thing after Vrex refused to hustle and allowed Derek Carr to run out of bounds on 2016 and got flamed. Granted i didn't think the short armed choir boy would bust this epically. 

It was never just one play for me. There are so, so many awful plays by Beasley out there. I watched him **** near every single play in 2016. And every time, the same move: rely on your quick first step to get distance, then try to beat him around the edge. A speed rush every. SINGLE. TIME. No creativity. No versatility. Not enough strength to bend and out-leverage tackles. Not enough strength or long enough arms to effectively bullrush. Not enough strength or size to withstand run blocking.

And people thought it was sustainable. GOOD DL use their hands **** near as much as much as boxers. Look at Nick Bosa or Joey Bosa rush the passer. It's not just that they're strong enough to overpower a tackle, they're very technical players with multiple countermoves. They use their first step just enough to get leverage then their countermoves to generate pressure/sacks. Vic Beasley just straight up used his powerful first step as a crutch and never learned any of the other nuances of the game.

I don't know if he's lazy or incompetent, but these issues of his were no secret in 2015 when he was coming out of Clemson and they STILL weren't fixed in 2016, that should've been a sign. 

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

58 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I don't remember exactly but I think it died when the Falcons got rid of Supes and Gritz who were two of the main supporters and maybe originators with I believe Tandy. My memory is fading so I could be wrong.

That seems right but my memory isn't anything to go by.

I remember that video of Roddy receiving it was pretty good 

7 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It was never just one play for me. There are so, so many awful plays by Beasley out there. I watched him **** near every single play in 2016. And every time, the same move: rely on your quick first step to get distance, then try to beat him around the edge. A speed rush every. SINGLE. TIME. No creativity. No versatility. Not enough strength to bend and overpower tackles. Not enough strength or long enough arms to effectively bullrush. Not enough strength or size to withstand run blocking.

And people thought it was sustainable. GOOD DL use their hands **** near as much as much as boxers. Look at Nick Bosa or Joey Bosa rush the passer. It's not just that they're strong enough to overpower a tackle, they're very technical players with multiple countermoves. They use their first step just enough to get leverage then their countermoves to generate pressure/sacks. Vic Beasley just straight up used his powerful first step as a crutch and never learned any of the other nuances of the game.

I don't know if he's lazy or incompetent, but these issues of his were no secret in 2015 when he was coming out of Clemson and they STILL weren't fixed in 2016, that should've been a sign. 

To me those high estrogen plays were the red flag where he repeatedly whiffed on QBs (Derek Carr, Cousins plays come to mind). He is just made from lotion and cotton balls, and has no fight in him what so ever. And you are right about him winning only with speed, but DQ kept swearing he would build on his speed and yet nothing happened. I hope this year if Chase is not there we dont make a desperation pick again and go DE, just take Swift and and call it a day. 

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

To me those high estrogen plays were the red flag where he repeatedly whiffed on QBs (Derek Carr, Cousins plays come to mind). He is just made from lotion and cotton balls, and has no fight in him what so ever. And you are right about him winning only with speed, but DQ kept swearing he would build on his speed and yet nothing happened. I hope this year if Chase is not there we dont make a desperation pick again and go DE, just take Swift and and call it a day. 

you wrong for this one lmao