SoldMySoul

The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

679 posts in this topic

All hating joke aside, those that are familiar with his story. I recall him being with Clemson in college. If am good enough to play pro ball I am giving 1000 percent for various reasons. Pride, don’t want to look shabby, be the butt of jokes and for that paper! I hear that round ball is what Vic truly desires. If that’s the case why pursue a Football career? Was he just better at it??

Vic had so much potential and people would die to be where he is. It’s a shame! What is the reason story, did he ever like Football. Despite the obvious, “he is playing it isn’t he?” I work not because I like it.

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

When has he ever been in love with the sport?

I guess that’s why I posted. I remember him doing that stupid spin move. Such a fraud.

roguebeaver likes this

7 minutes ago, Brehus said:

Freeney took Vic under his wing and motivated him to lead the league in Sacks once Freeney was gone Vic went back to being crap. If Vic doesn't care enough to try the year before he hits free agency then he is here just in the league to collect a pay check.

Great response. We all recall Freeney helping young buck along. That’s was Vic’s decent year. 

GhostofGritz and Rings like this

36 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It seems like ever since Vic tore his hamstring against Green Bay, he simply hasn’t been the same player. Seems like he completely lost his motor

Willing to bet that didn't play a factor in him being complete bunz

Flying Falcon and GhostofGritz like this

It's human nature to dislike your job, even if you enjoyed whatever it is you're doing and had fun doing it before it became a job. Once you start getting paid for something, once something has responsibilities and obligations attached, once you HAVE to do it on a consistent basis every day, then your brain automatically moves that activity out of the "fun" category and places it in the "pain in the as" category.

That happened very soon after Vic no longer had Freeney as a mentor, who had been helping him continue to have fun in football by helping him lead the league in sacks. Once Freeney was no longer here to support him and the OL's in the league had figured out he was just a one-trick pony, all that fun disappeared, and so has Beasley the football player. I feel sympathy for his next team because I'm pretty sure they will get even less out of him than the Falcons did. At least he won't be our problem any more.

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Willing to bet that didn't play a factor in him being complete bunz

I don’t know. It might have wrecked him mentally. Even in that game that the injury happened, he was beasting. He’s never looked the same

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t know. It might have wrecked him mentally. Even in that game that the injury happened, he was beasting. He’s never looked the same

I’ll put it this way, if an injury ****s you up mentally and you’re an athlete, you shouldn’t have ever played sports in the first place knowing the risk. If you’re weak mentally period you shouldn’t be playing sports. It’s not like he tore his ACL or anything major

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll put it this way, if an injury ****s you up mentally and you’re an athlete, you shouldn’t have ever played sports in the first place knowing the risk. If you’re weak mentally period you shouldn’t be playing sports. It’s not like he tore his ACL or anything major

Don’t disagree at all. Could still be true when it comes to him though. Dude has looked soft as hell for 3 seasons now

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Don’t disagree at all. Could still be true when it comes to him though. Dude has looked soft as **** for 3 seasons now

That’s the thing though. A lot of people fell for that one year and thought that’s who he was. He’s always been the same guy he’s showing to be today. The only thing he had in 2016 was a veteran in his ear pushing him and showed him the way. If he truly had passion it would have stuck with him and there wouldn’t be a new thread started about him every 3 hours. He lacks passion for football man. It may be part mental but overall he lacks passion. If that’s not true then he needs to prove that theory that everyone except a few people realize wrong. I was honestly hoping he would prove us doubters wrong this year and shut us up but he doesn’t have what it takes to do that