23 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I get a headache every time someone mentions Lincoln Riley. Dude has had veterans playing QB most of his career.

Well I don't know if it's Riley or he has just matured as a player, but he looks like a better qb than he did at Alabama.  He was a game manager there.  With that defense he didn't need to do much, just not screw up.  He just looks better to me this year.  

4 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Well I don't know if it's Riley or he has just matured as a player, but he looks like a better qb than he did at Alabama.  He was a game manager there.  With that defense he didn't need to do much, just not screw up.  He just looks better to me this year.  

To be honest, he looks about the same to me. Like a Running QB that throws. No different than he looked in the SEC Championship last season. He's more polished, but then again, he's a senior.

I'm not into these 1 year wonder guys. Where was Joe last year? Here is a thought.... I really like Dak Prescott when he came out. I had watched him play plenty. His number had improved and were good. A guy I thought would have made a good 3rd or 4th round pick. He may not be a top 5 QB, but he is a starter. 

I'm wondering what about a guy like Jalen Hurts? He is doing well with the Sooner. He has played in the big games for the toughest coach. He got benched, stuck around and was clutch when he was called on. I'm just saying, I would like to see a guy like that with his skill set brought into camp. See if he can be a backup. Yeah, I would like to see him surpass 3,000 yards and he looks to be headed that way. The TD/INT ratio is there and so is the Completion percentage.

I just think bringing in that type of guy in the 4th or 5th round would do this team some good. He doesn't  need to be Matt's replacement here and ready in 2020. Give someone else a look that may be able to help you down the road. A lot was made about Lamar Jackson not being a QB. Jacoby Brissett was also an afterthought. Nobody really was on Mahomes either. That system was a gemmick in a lot of folks opinion. I like the way Hurts bounced back and the way he is appearing to make the most of his Sr. year at Oklahoma. I don't think he would cost much if the Falcons are not ready to go QB at the top (round 1 or 2) of the draft. 

11 hours ago, Mescalito said:

Riley is one of my picks for a potential new HC. His schemes and game planning are what separates him from the rest of the college coaches. Hurts appears to read the field better than he did at Alabama. That being said, Riley has been to cultivate two Heisman Trophy Winning QBs in consecutive years. If he is able to do it for a third, then that would lead me to believe that he is capable of adapting his offense based on the QBs level of play.

Back to the original post, Joe Burrow looks like he could be a good QB. I think he'll shoot up the draft boards to a top ten pick. And if we select a top 10 QB, I would hope it's for a QB with a more extensive resume.

1 hour ago, isproab said:

I'm not into these 1 year wonder guys. Where was Joe last year? Here is a thought.... I really like Dak Prescott when he came out. I had watched him play plenty. His number had improved and were good. A guy I thought would have made a good 3rd or 4th round pick. He may not be a top 5 QB, but he is a starter. 

I'm wondering what about a guy like Jalen Hurts? He is doing well with the Sooner. He has played in the big games for the toughest coach. He got benched, stuck around and was clutch when he was called on. I'm just saying, I would like to see a guy like that with his skill set brought into camp. See if he can be a backup. Yeah, I would like to see him surpass 3,000 yards and he looks to be headed that way. The TD/INT ratio is there and so is the Completion percentage.

I just think bringing in that type of guy in the 4th or 5th round would do this team some good. He doesn't  need to be Matt's replacement here and ready in 2020. Give someone else a look that may be able to help you down the road. A lot was made about Lamar Jackson not being a QB. Jacoby Brissett was also an afterthought. Nobody really was on Mahomes either. That system was a gemmick in a lot of folks opinion. I like the way Hurts bounced back and the way he is appearing to make the most of his Sr. year at Oklahoma. I don't think he would cost much if the Falcons are not ready to go QB at the top (round 1 or 2) of the draft. 

You think he'll last to the 4th or 5th round?  I don't.  If he does though we would be crazy not to consider drafting him.

16 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

He looks pretty legit even if he has a pocket, he has good mobility talent too. I wouldn't mind if he is our pick. We could trade Ryan and use those picks to rebuild the defense. 

I think MR contract ends in a couple of years. He would be around 36 years old. I feel we have already seen the best he has to offer. Who knows when we will have another pick inside of 4 in the draft. This kid looks legit. And getting a year or two with MR would not hurt. Bring him on home!

24 minutes ago, BigGrip said:

I think MR contract ends in a couple of years. He would be around 36 years old. I feel we have already seen the best he has to offer. Who knows when we will have another pick inside of 4 in the draft. This kid looks legit. And getting a year or two with MR would not hurt. Bring him on home!

Co-sign. I think when you have a good shot at an Elite QB you take him. MR2 is tapped out as far as his ceiling goes and he won't get any better. He has 2-3 seasons max left in him so its better to let a player go a season early than a few seasons late. 

4 hours ago, Mescalito said:

You think he'll last to the 4th or 5th round?  I don't.  If he does though we would be crazy not to consider drafting him.

I'm not really sure. Workouts play a big part. If the hype train starts to build, he could go higher. His season is going great. Physically, he reminds me of David Garrard. I know the NFL is different now, copy cat league and you see more and more QBs have success early in their career. Mobility is also a big part of the total package.