Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NWFALCON

John and Hugh

10 posts in this topic

The cliche's, the rhetoric, the rah rah, is enough to get HC's fired when things aren't going well.

During games I have a problem with Quinn not showing emotion and getting fighting mad, challenging refs when they obviously **** up and miss calls.

Flying Falcon and D.B.N. like this

Let me ask everyone one question. If you are hired as new head coach of a NFL team and you have ZERO head coaching experience. All you have been for 20 years is a NFL and NCAA D line coach, and you are told you report to no one but the owner. Don't you think if you looked thru the Falcons Staff right now, both in scouting and in OC, DC, may receiver coach whatever, you would find some people that came from Seattle Seahwaks?  Or University of Florida? I mean anyone. Wouldn't the Altanta Falcons front office have at least two or three scouts from Seattle? or San Fran?  Someone Dan brought with him? But yet as you look at the Falcons scouts and coaches they are all from Tampa Bay. A place Dan never worked, never had any affiliation with. So why doesn't the radio stations ask these questions. Who is really hiring the staffs around these coaches we are bring in? You answer that and you answer why the Falcons go thru coaches every four years. 

4 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Let me ask everyone one question. If you are hired as new head coach of a NFL team and you have ZERO head coaching experience. All you have been for 20 years is a NFL and NCAA D line coach, and you are told you report to no one but the owner. Don't you think if you looked thru the Falcons Staff right now, both in scouting and in OC, DC, may receiver coach whatever, you would find some people that came from Seattle Seahwaks?  Or University of Florida? I mean anyone. Wouldn't the Altanta Falcons front office have at least two or three scouts from Seattle? or San Fran?  Someone Dan brought with him? But yet as you look at the Falcons scouts and coaches they are all from Tampa Bay. A place Dan never worked, never had any affiliation with. So why doesn't the radio stations ask these questions. Who is really hiring the staffs around these coaches we are bring in? You answer that and you answer why the Falcons go thru coaches every four years. 

A very interesting thought process. I would like that answer.  Publicly. 

Chaz likes this

15 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I don't think Head Coaching Experience should be the basis of you getting hired. Your resume should have some impact, and your decision making should be the other. Quinn is a perfect candidate to become a great HC, but his quick jump to success killed his knowledge for the game. I believe if he had been a DC elsewhere, and still coordinated a solid to great defense. He could have had more success. This Seattle mess was pretty much a One Hit Wonder Type of situation. 

He received too much credit for what Carroll and his players had already done.

Flying Falcon likes this

Faithful I see what you are saying and don't disagree with you at all but the question I am asking is if YOU were hired to be the Falcons head coach and had been coaching the NFL for 15 years and in your new head coaching job role you reported to no one but the owner of the Falcons, don't you think you would load your staff upwith people that worked with you from San Fran, Miami, Seattle, University of Florida? I mean when you look at Falcons staff there is NO ONE from any of these organizations which tells me McKay hired the staff around Quinn and so MCKAY and his cronnies of Webster, Sabo, Collier, Emry and TD, Koetter, and Raheem,  need to be the 1st OUT THE DOOR.

Chaz likes this

48 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The issue might be that he doesn't have any answers. He might not know why this is happening. If that is the case, maybe relieving him of his role, might just be a relief to him.

he may just not want to be honest and throw some players under the bus. even if they DO deserve to be under there. heck, stop the thing and back up a few times just to be sure

Flying Falcon likes this