Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DogIsYourName

Chasing the sackless record

33 posts in this topic

We need to finish this game without a sack to break the NFL sackless record of 5 straight games with no sacks.  That's going to be tough.  Russell Wilson holds the ball forever because he believes he can just scramble out of trouble and the Seattle OL is also only average.  

But if anyone can break the sackless streak, it's our Falcons.  On a normal pass play, we can just drop our pass rushers into coverage 20 yards down field against their RBs.  Also, I'm thinking if Seattle brutalizes us early they could go into a run first mode for the rest of the game.  Since the Falcons would probably need a complete team-wide mental breakdown by Seattle to get a sack, we have a good shot at the record--especially if Seattle starts running the ball because the game is over after the first quarter.   

5 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

We need to finish this game without a sack to break the NFL sackless record of 5 straight games with no sacks.  That's going to be tough.  Russell Wilson holds the ball forever because he believes he can just scramble out of trouble and the Seattle OL is also only average.  

But if anyone can break the sackless streak, it's our Falcons.  On a normal pass play, we can just drop our pass rushers into coverage 20 yards down field against their RBs.  Also, I'm thinking if Seattle brutalizes us early they could go into a run first mode for the rest of the game.  Since the Falcons would probably need a complete team-wide mental breakdown by Seattle to get a sack, we have a good shot at the record--especially if Seattle starts running the ball because the game is over after the first quarter.   

We broke that record last week. 5 games.

When the Falcons have an objective and the finish line is in sight, they are on point...another record for the good guys

m2Falcons and ki46dinah like this

What y'all talking about we about to run off 9 straight. Quinn and his band of misfits are about to make us all look stupid. Schaub is going to torch the Seahawks for 400+ yards and 4 TDs and there will be a QB controversy on this board this time next week. VB is going to record three sacks this weekend and in the Post Game news conference tell everyone he watched a old Lawrence Taylor video on 30 for 30 on ESPN and realized that you were actually supposed to go TOWARDS the QB when you rush from the DE position. Devonte Freeman is going to average 120+ yards rushing the next 9 games as his o-line starts to snort a pound of 8 ball before the game and actually start to move with some desire. It's all turning around this weekend don't let all this Fake news fool you. Oh yea and our scouting department even though they all come from poor organizations are going to get a A++ in next years draft as they suddenly realize they all don't work for a small market loser teams like Cleveland, Detroit, Washington and Tampa Bay anymore. 

ki46dinah likes this

With a mobile QB like WIlson back there??? I’d be much more surprised if we actually got a sack... and I’m not talking about one where we chase him out of bounds just shy of the Line of scrimmage.

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Chasing Chase!!!

how mad would you be if TD is still here and he draft someone else with our 3rd pick haha

4 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Cominski gonna break that streak

4 hours ago, SirCzah said:

Falcons... Quinn... sackless... 

I mean, I would use stronger language, but same basic concept.

No stronger language needed. Seems pretty graphically accurate just like you wrote it. :lol:

MD-FalconFan13 and SirCzah like this

4 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

What y'all talking about we about to run off 9 straight. Quinn and his band of misfits are about to make us all look stupid. Schaub is going to torch the Seahawks for 400+ yards and 4 TDs and there will be a QB controversy on this board this time next week. VB is going to record three sacks this weekend and in the Post Game news conference tell everyone he watched a old Lawrence Taylor video on 30 for 30 on ESPN and realized that you were actually supposed to go TOWARDS the QB when you rush from the DE position. Devonte Freeman is going to average 120+ yards rushing the next 9 games as his o-line starts to snort a pound of 8 ball before the game and actually start to move with some desire. It's all turning around this weekend don't let all this Fake news fool you. Oh yea and our scouting department even though they all come from poor organizations are going to get a A++ in next years draft as they suddenly realize they all don't work for a small market loser teams like Cleveland, Detroit, Washington and Tampa Bay anymore. 

You sure you got refried beans or medical marijuana?:huh:

PokerSteve likes this

10 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

When you neglect the interior DL for better part of a decade bad things happen.

Just to pile on, Grady Jarrett was an accident that was meant only to be another body in the middle.

Ya gotta bench Vic....ya gotta at this point...maybe Takk too if the last of concern continues.

This is why teams need certainly players....guys that try hard for the sake of trying hard, and seasoned veterans that have passion for the game.

I thought Clayborn would be that guy for us again, but he has brought little to the table this season.

To be fair, our secondary and LB's allow instantaneous completions....I would be so **** frustrated as a linemen if literally every pass was a completion to a wide open guy.

3 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Ya gotta bench Vic....ya gotta at this point...maybe Takk too if the last of concern continues.

Honestly, this is where you evaluate the young talent on the roster to see who you can build around.  So yes, you absolutely should be limiting the snaps of the Vic and Takk's of the world.

Problem is Quinn is trying to save face, he wants to win, the players want to win, and I wonder what Blank thinks.  I'm sure he wants to win, but I think at this point the majority of this fanbase is ok with riding out this joke of a season, cleaning house and getting as high of a pick as possible.

Just now, athell said:

Honestly, this is where you evaluate the young talent on the roster to see who you can build around.  So yes, you absolutely should be limiting the snaps of the Vic and Takk's of the world.

Problem is Quinn is trying to save face, he wants to win, the players want to win, and I wonder what Blank thinks.  I'm sure he wants to win, but I think at this point the majority of this fanbase is ok with riding out this joke of a season, cleaning house and getting as high of a pick as possible.

It's hard to look worse than allowing a score every time the other team has the ball....which is basically what we've been doing.

So I'm all for seeing what the young guys have.  Don't bench all the starters, just have a good mix of snaps.

athell likes this

1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

how mad would you be if TD is still here and he draft someone else with our 3rd pick haha

I couldn't even be too mad. The problem would be with him still being here. I do think that the OL in this draft was solid. Our line will be one of the best in 2 years.

5 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

With a mobile QB like WIlson back there??? I’d be much more surprised if we actually got a sack... and I’m not talking about one where we chase him out of bounds just shy of the Line of scrimmage.

That's the only prayer we have of recording a sack this game.

Butudontseeme™ likes this

13 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmUrRCPSg09ahhN9v-6td

Refried Beans likes this