FalconsIn2012

CBS Mock Draft:

31 posts in this topic

I would be tickled pink if we drafted this beast.  Dude has All Pro potential...would still prefer to trade back and stack picks in the first 4 rounds

Round 1 - Pick 1
team logo
OREGON • SR • 6'6" / 237 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Cincinnati

PROSPECT RNK

7th

POSITION RNK

2nd

It'll be a quarterback for the Bengals, and while Herbert has some inconsistencies, he's a supreme physical talent and has put an array of outstanding throws on film.
Round 1 - Pick 2
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 218 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Miami

PROSPECT RNK

3rd

POSITION RNK

1st

So #TankForTua works in this scenario, even with the Dolphins not getting the first overall pick.
Round 1 - Pick 3
team logo
GEORGIA • JR • 6'5" / 320 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Washington

PROSPECT RNK

8th

POSITION RNK

1st

Time to trade Trent Williams, Bruce Allen. Even if it happens in the offseason, the Redskins need a new left tackle, and Thomas is a monster.
Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo
OHIO STATE • JR • 6'1" / 200 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

1st

POSITION RNK

1st

Even if Dan Quinn isn't coaching the Falcons next year, the team needs a secondary upgrade. Okudah is the best corner in college football right now.
Round 1 - Pick 5
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 192 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

N.Y. Jets

PROSPECT RNK

9th

POSITION RNK

1st

This finishes out the same top 5 as a week ago. All the picks are too perfect.

1 minute ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I hope the Falcons find a way to get pass rushers.

They apparently can’t find em via the draft.  They’ve spent the draft capital and the return has been meh...

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

45 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Not an Okudah fan?  Or just too early for mock drafts...

Deion Sanders himself would not help until the Falcons build a pass rush. I'd rather draft Andrew Thomas than a cornerback that early.

Osiruz likes this

4 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Deion Sanders himself would not help until the Falcons build a pass rush. I'd rather draft Andrew Thomas than a cornerback that early.

Yes he would the QB wouldn’t be throwing to his side of the field.Hence we wouldn’t have to defend all of it.Prime in his Prime would help us a **** of alot.STs also PR/KR.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yes he would the QB wouldn’t be throwing to his side of the field.Hence we wouldn’t have to defend all of it.Prime in his Prime would help us a **** of alot.STs also PR/KR.

Have to build the line and pass rush first to get the best out of superior cornerbacks. Conventional football wisdom says build the lines first.

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Have to build the line and pass rush first to get the best out of superior cornerbacks. Conventional football wisdom says build the lines first.

No argument but all players weren’t created equal.

Prime is one of those guys.

RedandBlack4ever likes this

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

In today’s NFL I think the secondary is the most important unit outside of the QB.  There is a reason that BB had 11 players earning over 1 million in his secondary this year.  

gtech1, rings639 and Smiler11 like this

I could see some teams favoring Herbert over Tua - I'm not convinced by Tua at all, but you've got to think Chase Young is a top 5 lock at this point.

Jeff Okudah is a supreme talent in his own right.

Cole World and Artys Arryn like this

If we took Okudah over Young in the top 5 whoever the GM is at the time making that pick should be fired on the spot.  Our Pass rush is hands down the worst thing we have on this team right now.  I don't care how good a CB is if the QB has 10 seconds to throw to a WR sooner or later he's gonna get open.   You build the team from the trenches out.  If you don't have a dominating D-line then you don't have a legit top 10 defense.

why do these mock drafts be so dumb do these guys just have a dart board and throw darts at a random name and select them

I want to start by saying Chase Young over Jeff Okudah is an easy choice. Pass rush is just too valuable not to go that route. But if Chase is off the board, we could do a lot worse that Okudah. The dude has been viewed as an NFL corner since high school and has been lockdown all season.

Osiruz likes this

On 10/23/2019 at 2:44 AM, Knight of God said:

Sigh

Sports Media mock drafts do not study every team's needs, or they favor bigger-market franchise. They fix their drafts for players to go where they want them to.

No way.Falcons be-pass a healthy and trouble-free DE Chase Young for CB Okudah.

Why?

Falcons might have no starting-level DEs in 2020. Both Falcon DEs may be gone from the roster in 2020.

If Chase is gone, they will still need Derrick Brown at NT. Still, De, OT, and DT are bigger needs than CB.

Knight of God likes this

On 10/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I’d flip shlt if we didn’t draft Chase Young . 

It would happen. DE is a need.

A Bleacher Report Mock predicts The Falcons selecting QB Hebert.....

Next pick?

New York Jets select Young at #4.

Mocking on emotion. They are not the GMs of these teams.

I do believe that The Bengals pass and n drafting Young. No bias mocking or rigging for picks I want to occur.

7 hours ago, Rise said:

A Bleacher Report Mock predicts The Falcons selecting QB Hebert.....

Next pick?

New York Jets select Young at #4.

Mocking on emotion. They are not the GMs of these teams.

I do believe that The Bengals pass and n drafting Young. No bias mocking or rigging for picks I want to occur.

Oh heII naw

On 10/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, Cole World said:

CBS no Chase Young? Let alone no Chase Young in the top 5?

Couldn’t take this mock serious cause there is no way in the **** chase is not top 5!  You don’t pass on top notch pass rushers!

Cole World and g-dawg like this