Would you trade Julio?

LouDog

20 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Sorry man, you are incorrect.  22 million next year and 10 the next.  Check sports track or over the cap.  They have it broken out.  https://overthecap.com/calculator/atlanta-falcons/

You're looking at the 2020 post June the 1st trade, which would leave us $32m in dead money over the 2020 and 2021 seasons. 

That's fine, but thought this post was referring to trading him now.

14 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

This is my thinking. Regardless of how our cap gets hit over a couple of years with his bonus money, it's better to move him NOW when he has great value, and can get us at least a couple of #1s, than pay him for three years and then have a player that's so old no one wants him. 

We have a new regime coming in. They will want to start loading up on their own style of player. Having four 1's and three 3s over the next two years would be a great enticement to get elite coaching and GM candidates. That haul could be even better if we find a way to unload Trufant for a 2nd-3rd rounder. 

Agreed.  We are going to have to pay him anyway.  i'd rather have a couple of high picks and have him come off the books in '21 when those picks are still on rookie contracts.

17 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

Yes, Julio isn’t worth that big money because he takes plays off!  I was at the game Sunday and every time after Julio is targeted, he skips the next play and stand on the sidelines smh I remember Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, TO all them never took a play off!

Yes because that has nothing to do with coaches decisions...

18 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

Yes, Julio isn’t worth that big money because he takes plays off!  I was at the game Sunday and every time after Julio is targeted, he skips the next play and stand on the sidelines smh I remember Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, TO all them never took a play off!

I knew this thread would bring out the village idiots. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons will have 16 M dead cap if the other team takes a 36 M cap hit next year on Julio. Find me a GM who would give two first round picks and takes a 36 M per year cap hit on a WR. 

Trade Matt " Choke " Ryan before Julio.

TRADE MATT RYAN. Atlanta will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Ryan. A waste of 150 million. Should have traded Ryan and kept Sanu as the QB. This season is lost. Lucky if Atlanta wins 2 more this year. Which is not a bad thing at this point, higher draft pick. DO-NOT trade Hooper. Next TG.

8 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Would even trade Ryan... We need a whole new mind set, vision and skill set for the future.

Keeping Ryan would be like taking a shower and putting your dirty drawers back on. 

Id trade Ryan for a blade of grass nice avatar kid only reason I chimed in.