The Brotherhood

*TMo*

OK, just wanted to know if I'm the only one who thinks the brotherhood is the problem. I certainly may be the only one. I see this attitude creating a sense of content, quiescence and comfort. Everyone comes to work and is just simply fat and happy. Effort is given to a point but not all out effort.

1 minute ago, *TMo* said:

OK, just wanted to know if I'm the only one who thinks the brotherhood is the problem. I certainly may be the only one. I see this attitude creating a sense of content, quiescence and comfort. Everyone comes to work and is just simply fat and happy. Effort is given to a point but not all out effort.

I think there never really was a brotherhood, it was a over hyped cliche created by Quinn not by the players.

9 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

I remember they called it the brothership early on. Who started this in Flowery Branch?

5 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I thought it was one of his coach speak terms? Who started it?

Brotherhood is a term strongly used for the NFL and NBA as a whole (individual sport that is).  For whatever reason people here act like it was the first time they ever heard it after Quinn arrived, which it probably was. I’m guessing because he pushed it far more than any other coach in the history of sports. 

28 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

It was a real thing in 2016.

I think it started with the Seal training as I think it was the first time they did it.

After 2016?  It was a marketing thing for selling merchandise and tickets.

2016 was special for so many reasons. It was foolish to think they could recapture that magic 

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Brotherhood is a term strongly used for the NFL and NBA as a whole (individual sport that is).  For whatever reason people here act like it was the first time they ever heard it after Quinn arrived, which it probably was. I’m guessing because he pushed it far more than any other coach in the history of sports. 

Yeah I have been aware for a long time that every organized team whether it be sports or other competitive endeavors use that term almost ad nauseam. I just figured it was really pushed on the team by Quinn as motivational thing. It just seems to me it has pretty much just been paid lip service by most of the team.

Edited by TNFalcon1

Just now, TNFalcon1 said:

Yeah I have been aware for a long time that every organized team whether it be sports or other competitive endeavors use that term almost ad nauseam. I just figured it was really pushed on the team by Quinn as motivational thing.

It was. One thing that has been a pet peeve is everyone that made it seemed like the Falcons were the only team to ever use it when he arrived and put overkill on it lol. 

The Brotherhood is silly! That is something kids would use not grown up professionals. You don't see such stupid stuff with many other professional teams. It is nothing but childnessess in my opinion. Buckle up brotherhood let's go lose another game lol!!!

3 minutes ago, Drbob said:

The Brotherhood is silly! That is something kids would use not grown up professionals. You don't see such stupid stuff with many other professional teams. It is nothing but childnessess in my opinion. Buckle up brotherhood let's go lose another game lol!!!

You might want to do a little research