Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
32wood84white

Crazy thought, Dan Quinn isn’t fired.

89 posts in this topic

Lets just glance the thought over that Dan Quinn does not get fired. Arthur Blank decides he’s going to stick through the tough times on the condition that Dan Quinn brings in an outside Defensive Coordinator with a different scheme.

Truthfully, that’s the only way I see that he stays. Who are those candidates? I’ll be honest I have no clue when it comes to outside of the Falcons, I have a hard enough time trying to figure them out to keep up with anyone else.

Who are those possible candidates?

Spts1 likes this

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This won’t happen because if Quinn is still the head coach you don’t get improvement in attendance.

This is sad my brother. Sad but so true.

Edited by *TMo*

26 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This won’t happen because if Quinn is still the head coach you don’t get improvement in attendance.

This x a million!!

roguebeaver likes this

58 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

Lets just glance the thought over that Dan Quinn does not get fired. Arthur Blank decides he’s going to stick through the tough times on the condition that Dan Quinn brings in an outside Defensive Coordinator with a different scheme.

Truthfully, that’s the only way I see that he stays. Who are those candidates? I’ll be honest I have no clue when it comes to outside of the Falcons, I have a hard enough time trying to figure them out to keep up with anyone else.

Riddle me this... what in the **** is the point of keeping Dan Quinn in this scenario? What does he do well? He sucks at everything.

Can’t run a defense.

His scheme is awful. 

Cant manage the game. 

cant teach players to pass rush apparently.

makes awful personnel decisions such as moving the NFL sack leader to LB. 

what the heIl does he do right? i don’t get it. He can stick that positivity and catch phrases up his a$$. People are acting like what Julio said matters. What else could he say in this situation ?

1 hour ago, 32wood84white said:

Mike Smith had 7 seasons, but more success spread-out over his first 5 seasons.

I can see it happening but not like this. What's the point in keeping Dan Quinn if you aren't going to keep his scheme? What is the point of having a defensive head coach that doesn't even run his defense? Only reason I see it happening is because this may not be that desirable of a job considering the salary cap and players locked in long term. Guys like Deion Jones that aren't a universal fit for other defenses. 

It’s not such a crazy thought. 

I expect Quinn to be fired. But this is the 2nd coach to deal with dysfunction in personnel. There is one guy responsible for that. Quinn reports to Blank. If he’s been saying “I disagree with the direction our personnel folks are taking,” I could see Blank keeping him and firing TD. I don’t expect it, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

35 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It’s not such a crazy thought. 

I expect Quinn to be fired. But this is the 2nd coach to deal with dysfunction in personnel. There is one guy responsible for that. Quinn reports to Blank. If he’s been saying “I disagree with the direction our personnel folks are taking,” I could see Blank keeping him and firing TD. I don’t expect it, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

The thing with that idea though is blank knows that Quinn has considerable sway in the personnel area.....because Blank is the one who set up the structure.. it is not like blank is just napping in the War Room during the draft he is there being active..... and if he is as meddlesome as some people here has said then he knows exactly who's calling the shots when it comes to the personnel.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

While true at the beginning of the season, winning cures all. DQ stays and this team starts off 2-0 or 3-0 the attendance will rise. Anybody that doesn’t show up to a game for a team 2-0 or 3-0 because of Dan Quinn really isn’t much of a fan anyways. I don’t watch because of DQ. I watch because the red and black uniforms and logo I love to see run onto the field.

thamill, JDaveG, falconsd56 and 6 others like this

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

Riddle me this... what in the **** is the point of keeping Dan Quinn in this scenario? What does he do well? He sucks at everything.

Can’t run a defense.

His scheme is awful. 

Cant manage the game. 

cant teach players to pass rush apparently.

makes awful personnel decisions such as moving the NFL sack leader to LB. 

what the heIl does he do right? i don’t get it. He can stick that positivity and catch phrases up his a$$. People are acting like what Julio said matters. What else could he say in this situation ?

Too much emotion in this. Same guy that made it to the super bowl by running a defense with I believe 7 starters that were rookies or 2nd year guys? May have been a few more. So there’s a little more there than he just sucks at everything. Was yards away from making it back to the NFC Champ game the following year. So again there’s more there than he just sucks.

Cant be too emotional at 7 weeks. Yes anyone can throw up a stat about our W-L record following the super bowl but when you look at it outside the numbers, again we were yards away from a 2nd straight NFCCG followed by a year full of injuries in which he still took that group to a 7-9 record. So one more time, there’s more there than he just sucks.

Edited by 32wood84white

1 hour ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Quinn will be fired this season. Not a question of if but when.

Probably so, but Arthur Blank may not fill that way. He even said himself they have been successful in the past and there’s no reason to believe they won’t be again. How long do you give him? Does he get just one down year, albeit a horrible year, but just one down year? I’m starting to think with certain adjustments DQ gets one more year.

35 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Quinn is so impotent during the games,  I can't see any reason to keep him at this point. And I was a big supporter of his until this season.

I think he's burned out myself.

No doubt he’s burned out. People can hate on the phrases and rah rah attitude but he truly believes in it. He’s all team all the time. Everyone was pumped when he was in the video talking about this team will make two trips to Miami if they ..... together. Just my guess but maybe he like Smitty lost sight of the little things for a bit chasing the glory of the big games. 

Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing to give him another season to reset and get back to the fine details.

But back to my original post, I believe it can only happen with freak new outlook all together on Defense. All I need DQ to be is the guy that got an extremely young defense to pull together to make a SB run.  That DQ has what it takes to get this team back together again.

30 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

While true at the beginning of the season, winning cures all. DQ stays and this team starts off 2-0 or 3-0 the attendance will rise. Anybody that doesn’t show up to a game for a team 2-0 or 3-0 because of Dan Quinn really isn’t much of a fan anyways. I don’t watch because of DQ. I watch because the red and black uniforms and logo I love to see run onto the field.

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If they win people will show up.

Sure but people gave up on this team after 3 games and the 2nd home game.

At best you’re going to get a wait and see approach.

No one is dropping $$ for a PSL with the news that the Defensive guy responsible for a team with the fewest sacks in NFL history and 28-3.

If they went 5-0 there would still be a portion going ‘just wait.’

Quinn didn’t just lose the team.  He lost the city of Atlanta.

Im pretty sure Blank has already made his decision.  It’s just when he makes it official.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Sure but people gave up on this team after 3 games and the 2nd home game.

At best you’re going to get a wait and see approach.

No one is dropping $$ for a PSL with the news that the Defensive guy responsible for a team with the fewest sacks in NFL history and 28-3.

If they went 5-0 there would still be a portion going ‘just wait.’

Quinn didn’t just lose the team.  He lost the city of Atlanta.

Atlanta as an NFL city was always easy to lose. When times are good people will turn out regardless of the coach.

Just now, 32wood84white said:

Atlanta as an NFL city was always easy to lose. When times are good people will turn out regardless of the coach.

Attendance was better in 07 where there was zero hope.

That should tell you something.