marvinthemartian

According to Carl Dukes on 92.9 the Game

122 posts in this topic

Who ever was the driving force in not hiring Shannahan's assistants after he left is the true culprit here, whether it be Quinn, TD, Blank, or all of the above. We had a proven system, we had the guys who were closest to it's originator, and from all accounts, they well pretty well respected, so to just let them all walk without even trying to retain them was pretty stupid.

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I don't believe Dukes. I could see him saying this while eating a chicken wing.

:lol:

Ergo Proxy likes this

42 minutes ago, Rise said:

Do they take calls any more?

They do some, but who wants to hear from idiot callers? I don’t, most of the time they’re garbage calls. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

:lol:

Ergo Proxy likes this

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I don't believe him either. Sometimes I listen to him, and in the middle of what he's saying, i can just tell he's kind of pulling stuff out of his a$## just to have something to say.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 games is the most this team wins and that's a stretch. They suck. Tampa at home and maybe Jacksonville. May luck up and get one more. Major changes are needed. I don't see how Quinn could stay. Would be making the same mistakes he made with TD if what Dukes said is true. 

Remember the Vic Beasley promise? Watson said the D was easy to figure out. Those items are on Quinn. 

Flying Falcon and vitaman like this

2 hours ago, JT said:

That’s absolutely crazy if true smh

Yeah, the Falcons turning it around. Someone needs some mental health evaluations. No way they are winning more than 1 more game and that will only happen if the other team fails to make it the game.

Oh, you were thinking the TD fire portion huh. My bad. :D

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

I think the only reason Quinn is sticking around is because if you fire him now you are also firing the so call DC.

Its not like we are playing good defense now but who will call the defense? 

But, what defense?? The way Watson broke down our defense it'll probly be best that we give teams something they haven't seen on tape. Maybe just maybe we'll have a better result 

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, EddieK said:

This ship ain't turning around this year, most of the players have checked out.

The same case could have been made for last year. 

Personally ready to see them both go and start fresh. But if all it will take is winning some games to keep DQ...stranger things have happened.

2 hours ago, Rise_Up_504 said:

This doesn’t make sense for the simple fact that they made a big deal about Quinn having full control over the roster. 

lmao at Quinn saying assistants are calling the plays now too. More scapegoats 

Quinn has full control of the final 53, but the draft/free agency/scouting still lies with Dimitroff.  But, they are working hand in hand on both of these facets, so it's not One or the Other's fault. 

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

If this is true Blank needs to be tested for dementia.

No way is Quinn staying, not sure why anyone even start threads on what some Radiohead is yapping. 

I am the one who started this thread and I did it because the man spent ten minutes seriously discussing it on the radio. Those guys probably have better inside connections than any of us do. He broke the story yesterday about Beasely getting his feelings hurt by DQ as well and that being the reason he didn’t go to OTAs. So sorry if it offended you. 

JDaveG likes this

14 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

He says that he has it on good authority that Blank is more upset with TD than he is with DQ. Apparently Blank would have fired TD when Quinn got here if Quinn had wanted him to do it but Quinn said they could work together. Dukes said he wouldn’t be surprised if TD goes and Quinn stays IF they turn it around and win some games during the rest of the season. 

Not saying I hope this happens but he was serious that this is what his inside sources are saying Blank is leaning towards as of now. 

I heard that segment. Quinn has made as many egregious errors as Dimi. In a third of the time.

We need to fill up an entire bus for the State Line voyage. Flowery Branch, GA to Abernathy, AL.

Depart The Branch at 5:13 AM ET. Arrive in Abernathy at 5:52 AM CT. One biscuit and one coffee.

Drop off point is the State Line Fireworks Corporation on County Rd 49. On your on from there. Bye.

Vandy, Ergo Proxy and Flying Falcon like this

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

Ding ding... winner winner, chicken dinner.. so to speak.

I mean has anyone listened to other things Dukes has said? He talks about games and I often wonder if he even watched the highlights on ESPN. He talks definitively about things that happen in games and Bell has to explain to him that what he just said didn't happen at all.

Bring in the right GM, and then he will fire DQ. Blank doesn't have to. He can leave it up to him to find the right HC. 

NFL trade deadline is Oct. 29. Maybe we fire TD now. Keep DQ for the rest of the season while the new GM evaluates the personnel. 

Edited by ParanoidAndroid
JDaveG and Big_Dog like this

4 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

He says that he has it on good authority that Blank is more upset with TD than he is with DQ. Apparently Blank would have fired TD when Quinn got here if Quinn had wanted him to do it but Quinn said they could work together. Dukes said he wouldn’t be surprised if TD goes and Quinn stays IF they turn it around and win some games during the rest of the season. 

Not saying I hope this happens but he was serious that this is what his inside sources are saying Blank is leaning towards as of now. 

the roster is better on paper then the performance so that equals coaching. Also really bad that it's the Defense that struggles so mightily and the HC is the DC...

NeonDeion likes this

10 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I don't buy it, and here's why: if you got an inside tip that TD is on the hot seat and DQ is not, I don't think you would water it down by also mentioning that, FOUR YEARS AGO, Blank offered to let TD go if DQ wanted.

After all, FOUR YEARS AGO, DQ was SOUGHT AFTER. How is that even relevant now, with a sleepwalking, lifeless team that has a historically bad defense.

By that logic, I could say that Blank is probably interested in Petrino.

If you had an inside tip, you'd report on that. You wouldn't mingle it with some factoid from 4 years ago when everything was different.