marvinthemartian

According to Carl Dukes on 92.9 the Game

122 posts in this topic

Makes zero sense.  They've deployed tons of picks to make the defense into what he envisions.

He's had no success hiring defensive coordinators (or O coordinators after the first one).

Now that he runs the defense, it's worst in the league.

He's never been a great strategist or game management coach.

What about that says "I have to keep this guy?"

NeonDeion, red falcon and vitaman like this

TD's weakness for years has been drafting linemen and the Falcons suck in the trenches because of it the sad thing a lot of people on this board could see that TD needed to go for years. It makes you wonder how someone who co-founded home depot could be so blind for so long.

Edited by Brehus
vitaman, JDaveG, sdogg and 2 others like this

25 minutes ago, JT said:

That’s absolutely crazy if true smh

Depends...If this was a Thomas Dimitroff draft and he went over Dan Quinn’s year  to pick two offensive players in the first three rounds, then there may be merit to this.

Remember it was Pioli who called McGary to say he was our guy in draft night.  Not Quinn

JDaveG and primetime like this

6 minutes ago, Brehus said:

TD's weakness for years has been drafting linemen and the Falcons suck in the trenches because of it the sad thing a lot of people on this board could see that TD needed to go for years. It makes you wonder how someone who co-founded home depot could be so blind for so long.

I have known tons of people that worked at Home Depot including their management and many say that Marcus and the other guy were the driving force, not Vincent Price, I mean Blank. If Blank feels this way really, he should sell the birds.

Cheap Talk and Flying Falcon like this

26 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Jerome Henderson, Jeff Ulbrich, are probably the likeliest candidates.  Both already have a heavy hand in the game planning as it is, and DQ indicated in his last press conference that he started spreading round some of the play calling as it is.

DQ always preaches "Team First". I wonder if him spreading play calling duties is to make sure we have someone capable of calling the plays if he's not hear to do it. That would be a team first action and would also be a sobriety check for anyone seeing him do this for them. 

32 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I think the only reason Quinn is sticking around is because if you fire him now you are also firing the so call DC.

Its not like we are playing good defense now but who will call the defense? 

A Magic 8-Ball.

Marquand Manual. From his couch. At home.

Grady Jarrett

Fans real-time vote via Twitter feed.

Local Pop Warner coach, chosen at random.

The opposing OC. Not like he could call a worse defense for us than Quinn has been doing.

This sounds about right. 3 years ago it was Shanahan. Last year it was the coordinators. Now this year it's the GM. I guess next year it will be the players. Then finally the year after that maybe Q will get the blame he rightfully deserves. 

I do agree that TD's drafting has been part of the problem but it's not clear to me how much Q controls that. BUT I for sure know that Q controls this awful defense that we've rolled out this year. 

Flying Falcon likes this

46 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

He says that he has it on good authority that Blank is more upset with TD than he is with DQ. Apparently Blank would have fired TD when Quinn got here if Quinn had wanted him to do it but Quinn said they could work together. Dukes said he wouldn’t be surprised if TD goes and Quinn stays IF they turn it around and win some games during the rest of the season. 

Not saying I hope this happens but he was serious that this is what his inside sources are saying Blank is leaning towards as of now. 

Funny.  I mentioned earlier today that I wouldn't be surprised if TD goes and Quinn stays.

The only thing is, I'm not sure they let TD make decisions on stuff like trading Sanu if he's going to be gone soon, so I take it with a HUGE grain of salt. I can at least admit my prior comments were wishful thinking.  We'll see if Dukes' "good authority" is any good.

Oh they'll win alright. They will win out once they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. People will call it a good sign for the future, not.

Godzilla1985 and Mescalito like this

50 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

He says that he has it on good authority that Blank is more upset with TD than he is with DQ. Apparently Blank would have fired TD when Quinn got here if Quinn had wanted him to do it but Quinn said they could work together. Dukes said he wouldn’t be surprised if TD goes and Quinn stays IF they turn it around and win some games during the rest of the season. 

Not saying I hope this happens but he was serious that this is what his inside sources are saying Blank is leaning towards as of now. 

They both need to go but glad Blank has seen how horrible TD is at building trenches.

11 years and Ryan gets pressured every play and our D might not get double digit sacks as a team this year.

Pathetic and its TDs fault our lines have sucked for a decade.

52 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Then Blank does not have a clue, and I thought he did. Not that TD is any better than a spam sandwich for lunch, but if he cannot see that Quinn is in over his head out there on the field then we are all lost.

vitaman and Flying Falcon like this

15 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

DQ always preaches "Team First". I wonder if him spreading play calling duties is to make sure we have someone capable of calling the plays if he's not hear to do it. That would be a team first action and would also be a sobriety check for anyone seeing him do this for them. 

That’s what I got from it. He said a few weeks ago when they asked him about giving it up, he said no at the time, but also hinted that if it came to that and it was best for the team he would.

17 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I have known tons of people that worked at Home Depot including their management and many say that Marcus and the other guy were the driving force, not Vincent Price, I mean Blank. If Blank feels this way really, he should sell the birds.

We are all lost souls now!

SoldMySoul likes this

33 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I like Ulbrich from what I know of him 

I sure like what I hear from him. I haven't heard quite enough to make a decision though. Wonder what everyone else thinks about him?

27 minutes ago, Brehus said:

Blank has always thought with his heart instead of his head as owner of the Falcons. 

8 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

We are all lost souls now!

If the report on 92.9 is true then yes. But hey, I have no soul!! I sold it!

The paying fan base would be in open revolt if Quinn returns. Considering how empty that $1.5 billion building has been already, nothing short of him winning out and making a playoff run will stop what’s coming.

wnyfalconfan likes this

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

If this is true Blank needs to be tested for dementia.

No way is Quinn staying, not sure why anyone even start threads on what some Radiohead is yapping. 

Cole World and Flying Falcon like this

I could totally see this happening and it makes good sense. You fire TD ,hire a new GM , and go from there. If the new GM wants to replace Quinn then so be it. You can't keep blaming and shipping coaches out. TD doesn't deserve to over see that. Let someone else look at it.