Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pa_falcon_fan

Who are the "not all in" players?

49 posts in this topic

In the article about Julio's defense of Quinn, he, Grady, and Rico are said to be tired of answering questions for teammates who are "not all in."  

Who do you think those players are..  because regardless of Quinn's future..  I don't want players on this team who show up for a paycheck and don't give thier all.   

They need to go because a new coaching staff isn't going to fix non-team players.  

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

No, free punching Donald tells me he is not one of them.

Yeah I thought about it after typing, but I didn’t like seeing him smiling after it was over. 

D.B.N. and octoslash like this

6 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Oliver is trying, he just sucks.

Falcanuck said Trufant and Campbell.

I forgot about those clowns. Campbell for sure!!!! I want Trutrash gone too. 

Edited by SoldMySoul

Trufant. Beasley. Campbell. Koetter...yeah I know not a player but he can kick rocks. 

Kazee and Takk need to grow up. Kazee was celebrating late in the fourth quarter when we were already down 3 or 4 scores. Both need humbling. 

I'm sure there's more but they may be hiding in the shadows. 

Free is one of them... got his money and lost his hunger.

Trufant.

Vic (obviously) and Takk. Chuck Smith called both them out and Takk starts subtweeting and puts “DE who almost gets sacks” as his bio. 

campbell

I think it’s quite telling that most of us agree on basically the same players. The usual suspects is quite apparent! The coaching staff should have nipped this in the bud long ago. If the fans can see absolutely no heart and or desire, surely the staff saw it. Danny and his crew cannot leave soon enough!!

What does "not being all in" really mean at this level? To me it implies that players are not accepting of what their role/assignment is on the team, or in the scheme, or on any given play call (offensive or defensive).

If you're trying and hustling, but you're just not good at your position, then you shouldn't be labeled as 'not being all-in' - you're just not very good.

Can anyone on this Board point to a play where they know a player free lanced on that play and that screwed up the play for the other 10 guys on the field? Rico and Grady have mentioned, so maybe it's happening on the defense more?

It's easy to see the players who aren't all in.  There are 3 players on D and the same amount on O who give a d*mn.

12 minutes ago, Bart2Ryan+beyond said:

What does "not being all in" really mean at this level? To me it implies that players are not accepting of what their role/assignment is on the team, or in the scheme, or on any given play call (offensive or defensive).

If you're trying and hustling, but you're just not good at your position, then you shouldn't be labeled as 'not being all-in' - you're just not very good.

Can anyone on this Board point to a play where they know a player free lanced on that play and that screwed up the play for the other 10 guys on the field? Rico and Grady have mentioned, so maybe it's happening on the defense more?

It is happening all over not just on defense. How many times has Matt thrown a route and Ridley was not there ? What about the interception when stocker stopped running ? . Plays on D you can look at how the players respond after the play but it is obvious. What it means not being all in is that certain players are not doing what they need to do to achieve what is asked of them. Practice goes beyond just the field. I said it before I dont think our db's study film out side of Rico. You can see this clear as day by the type of passes that are completed. Coaching points you to what is going to happen and how you need to improve, but it takes self study and commitment from the players to make sure it is applied in game. Here is another example. In match coverage there are patterns for pass distribution. A pro corner can play his assignment he is given that is just simply following instructions. A good corner will learn route concepts and what the OC is trying to do. Am I the conflict player? Who is the conflict player? How can i be in position to help the person being targeted by this formation ? Those are the questions a good corner will ask. A great corner, will understand know and use it to take advantage of the Offense. 
If you look at certain players, you see this trait Julio learns and knows how people are going to try and cover him with double and cloud coverage but he still gets open. Its not by accident. Rico, knows how to help get people aligned based on what is coming from the O but he is also there on almost every play even though he is not the fastest player... its because he takes advantage of what they are trying to do so he is a step ahead. 

2 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

It is happening all over not just on defense. How many times has Matt thrown a route and Ridley was not there ? What about the interception when stocker stopped running ? . Plays on D you can look at how the players respond after the play but it is obvious. What it means not being all in is that certain players are not doing what they need to do to achieve what is asked of them. Practice goes beyond just the field. I said it before I dont think our db's study film out side of Rico. You can see this clear as day by the type of passes that are completed. Coaching points you to what is going to happen and how you need to improve, but it takes self study and commitment from the players to make sure it is applied in game. Here is another example. In match coverage there are patterns for pass distribution. A pro corner can play his assignment he is given that is just simply following instructions. A good corner will learn route concepts and what the OC is trying to do. Am I the conflict player? Who is the conflict player? How can i be in position to help the person being targeted by this formation ? Those are the questions a good corner will ask. A great corner, will understand know and use it to take advantage of the Offense. 
If you look at certain players, you see this trait Julio learns and knows how people are going to try and cover him with double and cloud coverage but he still gets open. Its not by accident. Rico, knows how to help get people aligned based on what is coming from the O but he is also there on almost every play even though he is not the fastest player... its because he takes advantage of what they are trying to do so he is a step ahead. 

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I never played and I'm not an Xs and Os guy. I took those comments as guys not being 100% professional in their preparation or actions on the field. I just couldn't distinguish them from a guy not being all in versus a guy who screwed up while watching the games.

Beasley, Trufant, Campbell, Wes, etc.

Intruguing guys with athleticism but struggle with effort and awareness.

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Because it gets old dude. Every thread is a new way for each poster to moan about whatever player(s) they don't like.

I heard Josh Harris is a huge issue. 

/purp

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

No, free punching Donald tells me he is not one of them.

LOL, for sure. He may or may not have lost ‘it’ (I don’t believe he has) but peeps in here who question his heart are knuckleheads.

octoslash, TNFalcon1 and JDaveG like this

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Because it gets old dude. Every thread is a new way for each poster to moan about whatever player(s) they don't like.

I didn’t see this post as you suggest. It crossed my mind as well about who it could be. Again, if the thread is not for you just move on. No need to “whine” about what you see as whiners. People have a right to fan their way. No hard feelings man. Have a good evening. 

octoslash likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, for sure. He may or may not have lost ‘it’ (I don’t believe he has) but peeps in here who question his heart are knuckleheads.

I think DFree has heart still. Even though he appears to have lost a step. He knows one more blow to the head and he may not get to enjoy that “good” money he was paid. Dude always ran with his head until now. I am not even mad at him. He is not a huge liability for us like many other areas are.

Vandy likes this

People are blowing this comment so far out of proportion. What else was he supposed to say? Quinn sucks? All he could do was put it on the players 

5 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I think DFree has heart still. Even though he appears to have lost a step. He knows one more blow to the head and he may not get to enjoy that “good” money he was paid. Dude always ran with his head until now. I am not even mad at him. He is not a huge liability for us like many other areas are.

Agreed, up and down the defense are much bigger issues than RB. None moreso than the DC.

I’ll never understand all the freeman dislike in here. 

SoldMySoul likes this