Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ergo Proxy

Get well soon Lindstrom

40 posts in this topic

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s so bad.  Koetter can’t run this unless without committing to run the football.  The route concepts are too long in the linebackers have no reason to fear the running game. It’s a nightmare.

I miss Sark...

I think Lindstrom will be fine but hope McGary will settle in. He has been on and off based on the level of competition week to week.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I miss Sark...

I think Lindstrom will be fine but hope McGary will settle in. He has been on and off based on the level of competition week to week.

What do we do moving forward?? Next season. Can we just please move back to the West Coast? 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Only Miami is worse and it's by 2. Pretty sad considering they're actually trying to suck and we came into the season thinking we were contenders. Oh how far off we actually are...

g-dawg and vitaman like this

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

What do we do moving forward?? Next season. Can we just please move back to the West Coast? 

Doesn’t have to be but we need a better OC than Dirk if this is all Koetter has in him when his OL can’t protect for 5-7 step dropbacks.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I am not worried about our rookie OL.  As usual, Koetter isn’t doing his OL any favors

One of the only things I was frustrated with Sark was his run game, but even with OL help and Free back we aren’t better.

4 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Only Miami is worse and it's by 2. Pretty sad considering they're actually trying to suck and we came into the season thinking we were contenders. Oh how far off we actually are...

Well, Chris will help a lot. He doesn’t allow many pressures much less hits. From college through week 1. Kaleb will grow between now and year 2. This is another reason replacing Hooper with a rookie is weird reasoning by some posters. We need veterans in some spots and can’t just collect the most draft picks at all costs.

I would like to try Gono at LG. Carp can kick rocks. I’ve seen enough. Brown is younger but if Gono can earn it Jamon is a 2021 cut.

Need a C drafted in 2020; even if Mack stays.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Doesn’t have to be but we need a better OC than Dirk if this is all Koetter has in him when his OL can’t protect for 5-7 step dropbacks.

One of the only things I was frustrated with Sark was his run game, but even with OL help and Free back we aren’t better.

Sigh. Its frustrating bro. So much talent on offense. I'm at a loss for direction when it comes to this team. The window has closed fast.

Ergo Proxy and Godzilla1985 like this

Koetter is way too "street ball" for the NFL. He cannot adjust effectively and when he decides to adjust, it's too late in the game.

His offenses will only work if he has an elite OL and if his receivers and TEs beat the man in front of them. There's little creativity and scheming with Dirk, which is pretty much required in today's NFL.

A poster on here (who's friend played for Dirk in college) said Dirk was the same way in college too. "Beat the man in front you" mentality. 

Go ask Bucs fans how they feel about Dirk.

PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Sigh. Its frustrating bro. So much talent on offense. I'm at a loss for direction when it comes to this team. The window has closed fast.

It can reopen for a quick rebuild if you get the right coaches/GM/scouting and draft picks...presuming we make it through the tough 2020 cap.

We can do to Matthews and Ryan’s contracts what we did this year and convert money. It will eventually hurt later but if you get a season not needing to sign any of your own to any huge deals it’s a leap year for FA spending.

What’s funny is how terrible our 2017 draft was, we won’t need much space for anyone unless Takk goes off (option for 2021) and Kazee.

Otherwise, it’s just other guys on shorter deals or UFA options for 2021 offseason.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Knowing how atrocious our OL was last season we should've gone after a couple of FA's and drafted two in the 1st round...oh wait:ninja:

That’s kinda the sad part...Lindstrom might have made enough of a difference...but with how Dirk is leaving guys like McGary out to dry?

PokerSteve and WhenFalconsWin like this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That’s kinda the sad part...Lindstrom might have made enough of a difference...but with how Dirk is leaving guys like McGary out to dry?

We were doomed realistically when we settle for the retread that Koetter is, and that is pathetic. 

Ergo Proxy and PokerSteve like this

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

His run game was solid in 2017.  Our run-pass ratio was on point.  We just lacked discipline

We ran 430 times for 1,900 yards and 4.3 ypc

Ergo Proxy likes this

15 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

scary though, huh?  we are almost as bad and we are trying to win and they are purposely constructed to lose.

vitaman and Shooter Says like this

This is why it won't surprise me if we wake up one day in the near future, say a year or so, and Matt is giving us the Luck/Gronk presser to announce he's hanging it up. He has a new family, and given the beating he's taken, I could easily see him deciding his health means more than another year of football.

Being a broadcaster is a lot safer than playing for this team. 

45 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

His run game was solid in 2017.  Our run-pass ratio was on point.  We just lacked discipline

We ran 430 times for 1,900 yards and 4.3 ypc

Agreed. He had to endure first year as a starter Wes!

Should've kept Sark...

Geaux_Falcons likes this

TD is one of the worst GM's in the league when it comes to building the Trenches. 11 years and our QB gets hit every play and we've gone 4 games without a sack.

This is why TD needs to get fired.

ICUH8N likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Run game left with KS. Last potent run game was in 2016.

See @FalconsIn2012 post but I agree 2017 wasn’t as potent BUT that mainly was due to losing Chester for Wes and AFTER Levitre got hurt, THEN the RZ offense became terrible.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

See @FalconsIn2012 post but I agree 2017 wasn’t as potent BUT that mainly was due to losing Chester for Wes and AFTER Levitre got hurt, THEN the RZ offense became terrible.

The main issue is it’s hard to run the ball when your D is porous and teams jump on big leads. The 2017 wasn’t this bad... you down by 10-20 in a hurry, the run game goes out of the window.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Like I have said many times. People on the boards questioning Ryan's heart. He's the toughest QB in the League!  That dude constantly gets hit and keeps fighting.  He's not perfect, but he's my QB!

Geneaut likes this

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Agreed. He had to endure first year as a starter Wes!

Should've kept Sark...

I thought Sark was fine. Improved OLine was about all he needed.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I am not worried about our rookie OL.  As usual, Koetter isn’t doing his OL any favors

We both know we gotta run the ball, but the blind Kutty loyalists like @Jidaddy cant see it.