The Don™

La Canfora tweet

140 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

The frustrating thing about the second round corners thing is that Jalen Collins could play. He just couldn't stop smoking up.

a lot of NFL players smoke, he was just too stupid to not get caught

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, treboyplay said:

Just went back and looked at the play. Mack and the RG had a man double teamed and Donald went right through Wes and sacked Ryan. Mack had nothing to do with it. And now we’re talking about trading Mack and letting that dude take over at center for the rest of the season? He’s the back up center so I’m sure that’s who they will go with. Ryan will most certainly get killed 

I'm quite certain that Donald has gone through quite a few people in his career.  I wouldn't judge Wes on that one play.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

FWIW,

hopefully most players are on the trading block but Jason LaConfora is one of worst "insiders" in the business - he is right less than a broken clock.

Thing is, I don't think he's wrong in this case.  Whether or not deals actually get made is a whole different matter.

Osiruz likes this

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

The frustrating thing about the second round corners thing is that Jalen Collins could play. He just couldn't stop smoking up.

Well, the jury is still out on Oliver, at least. I think there's a handful of players that might turn the corner with a new coaching staff.

1 hour ago, LoyalRam said:

Chicken or egg? Our Dline wasn't getting to the QB's before Ramsey arrived  because of fast dump offs. Ramsey knew 30-40% of the playbook and hadn't played any football in 4 weeks when he went against Julio. Wade Phillips was able to let loose the dogs on passing downs and poor Ryan had nowhere to go with his #1 WR taken care of, and our other guys paying man coverage instead of zone...

That's only if you eliminate the offensive playcalling of Koetter.

Koetter calls long developing plays unfortunately. Not typically short routes. So it's possible you guys were still susceptible to that but we didn't test you like the tape says we should have.

3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Well, the jury is still out on Oliver, at least. I think there's a handful of players that might turn the corner with a new coaching staff.

Honestly I think Oliver could make the transition to SS, he's not afraid to tackle or lay a lick, and his coverage at that position wouldn't be as big of a detriment. 

32 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

As an added bonus they can have Devondre Campbell for Free. 

They would take him.  The LBs here are bad in Kansas City

Osiruz likes this

3 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

They would take him.  The LBs here are bad in Kansas City

And he is going to make them worse :lol:

59 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Conley is only owed $800K for 2019 and $1.9M for 2020. 

Gareon Conley sucks... He was about to be benched also

The Don™ likes this

3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Assuming Tru will be able to play soon, teams can never have too many CBs. Eagles are a team to watch, They really need CB help.

I wonder if we're being extra cautious with Tru so we don't hurt whatever trade value he has. 

Trade deadline is Oct 29th. If he plays this Sunday and they limit his snaps, it could be sign he's getting dealt.

Out of those , even thou I am probably Vic's #1 fan,, I would still rather us keep Mack because he will be very hard to replace.. And our biggest problem is our OL already,, So why take away something that needs to be fixed in the worst way... ??? I don't think they will let Mack go.

Trade all 3 and also try to get another 3rd for Hooper. Hooper will command over $10 million a year in the open market and the Falcons can't afford that. Instead of letting him walk for free get a pick for him and use a 3rd rounder to draft his replacement.

2 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Tru was great for a while. I guess that pec injury turned him into JAG. That's still a good pick even if it didn't pay off as well as we hoped.

His play was slipping before that injury. He got injured in the midst of having a very un-Tru-like season compared to his first 3 seasons where he was lockdown. He's still a good corner but he spoiled us from his early play, and I doubt he'll ever be that player again

3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Assuming Tru will be able to play soon, teams can never have too many CBs. Eagles are a team to watch, They really need CB help.

I wonder if we're being extra cautious with Tru so we don't hurt whatever trade value he has. 

Trade deadline is Oct 29th. If he plays this Sunday and they limit his snaps, it could be sign he's getting dealt.

Why would we trade Tru? He's the only average/above average CB on the roster...

3 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

I was th

Horse face should be traded for a second, he has good PFF stats. 

LMAO SAW him in Pappadeaux back in February and though the same thing-Longest face ever :mmmhmm:. Also there's no way this guy is 6ft...… Maybe in Timberlands but he might be 5'9 

Edited by Diggable Birds

3 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Not a fan of moving Mack. Neither Wes or Harlow are ready. 

Any chance we bring back Chandler Miller?  I liked him in PS, sad they didnt keep him

29 minutes ago, cam-marino said:

Why would we trade Tru? He's the only average/above average CB on the roster...

He's regressed since his pec injury. Is soft. Lazy at times. Runs away from contact routinely. Not a leader. He's a part of the collective problem. 

Cap hit is 15 million next year. We save 5 million by cutting him. 

Contenders that are desperate for CB help when we're already out of contention will bite. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

No he couldnt.

I think jalen struggled against NE cuz they have quick shifty eyes which all tall corners struggle against average or above average heights he was good against 

I def think Tru is a good CB.... This is about the cap and needing to rebuild this Defense.

Play your 3 young CBs to see what you have and also this upcoming year draft class at CB looks good

But yeah I wouldn't trade Tru unless I can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this