The Don™

La Canfora tweet

140 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, LoyalRam said:

Well, I guess we'll see. We just stopped a Matt Ryan offense where he had no less than a 300+ passing game before this. Look at the Rams players like Dante Fowler (3 sacks) and Aaron Donald (1 sack, forced fumble & game wrecker), they credit Ramsey.

He had 300 yards against a bad Cardinal secondary. No comparison. They had 8 hits on him but overall Matt wasn't under nearly as much pressure as what was brought by the Rams. Not to mention, the bulk of those yards came while making a comeback from behind big. Of course the stats are going to be padded 

LoyalRam and Optimus_Cr1m35 like this

Just now, red falcon said:

Brother our play calling and plays to julio have been subpar all year. Ramsey is good but trust it wasnt all him. Our OC, defense and run game are terrible.  That's a terrible combination. 

This

Just now, red falcon said:

Brother our play calling and plays to julio have been subpar all year. Ramsey is good but trust it wasnt all him. Our OC, defense and run game are terrible.  That's a terrible combination. 

I'll believe you on that as I don't watch the Falcons too much anymore since they left the NFC West. Ramsey is what we've been looking for for a couple of years. He's a newbie to our system and will only get better. I hope you guys get what you want....don't get rid of everybody!

Osiruz and rounz like this

Just now, LoyalRam said:

He essentially did. How many TD's did Julio score? More importantly, his presence allowed for a different way of attacking offenses than we've been able to do in the recent past

No, he didn't. Julio got his. The offense couldn't score. Until the 4th qtr, when the game was over. Maybe you missed that.

It wasn't due to Ramsey, who is arguably one of the most overrated corners in the league. It was due to the 5 sacks, the numerous QB hits, and the oline playing like junk. Julio went 6 for 93 in one of Ryan's worst games in recent history. Combine that with the fact that we had a grand total of 38 rushing yards, and you should be able to figure out where the issue was. It was Donald and Fowler vs our OLine.

But keep feeling good about Ramsey. He certainly talks a lot.

ya_boi_j and LoyalRam like this

31 minutes ago, LoyalRam said:

Chicken or egg? Our Dline wasn't getting to the QB's before Ramsey arrived  because of fast dump offs. Ramsey knew 30-40% of the playbook and hadn't played any football in 4 weeks when he went against Julio. Wade Phillips was able to let loose the dogs on passing downs and poor Ryan had nowhere to go with his #1 WR taken care of, and our other guys paying man coverage instead of zone...

Except Jones was open more often than not. He certainly wasn’t “taken care of”

17 minutes ago, LoyalRam said:

Disagree. He was entirely the reason. His ability to play man coverage on your #1 WR, possibly one of the best WR's in the NFL. His presence allowed the Rams defensive backfield to play man coverage as well instead of zone coverage. With Marcus Peters, we HAD to play zone because he was getting burned by every #1 WR we played (especially without Talib playing alongside of him). Peters was a gambler who got burned more often than not, and was a liability in Wade Phillips system. Playing zone allowed a cushion for opposing WR's to be open for dump off passes when our Dline was getting too close to the opposing QB.

Having a true shutdown Corner, when coupled with Aaron Donald up front, this changes everything.

Well said, unfortunately many of our fans dont understand football. 

LoyalRam likes this

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Can we find an OC who will put Julio in motion to hide him a little.  We see New Orleans, Houston, and Pittsburgh (when AB was there), get these guys open by putting them in motion.  If you notice Ramsey and GOOD corners know that the Falcons run 3 routes with Julio 98% of the time (Slant/Deep comebacks/Go).

So I agree with you @red falcon

The only problem I have with trading Mack is protecting Ryan. Now I get that with Mack, our protection has been poor. But how much worse will it be without him?  Are we planning on sitting Ryan for the year? We better. 

Romfal likes this

Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

Can we find an OC who will put Julio in motion to hide him a little.  We see New Orleans, Houston, and Pittsburgh (when AB was there), get these guys open by putting them in motion.  If you notice Ramsey and GOOD corners know that the Falcons run 3 routes with Julio 98% of the time (Slant/Deep comebacks/Go).

So I agree with you @red falcon

I hope so brother. They are paying him too much and he is too good not to be killing teams. With hopper and ridley we should be in shootouts with this talent. No matter how bad our defense is.Where are they gonna find the right OC?

KCFalcon22 likes this

15 minutes ago, LoyalRam said:

He essentially did. How many TD's did Julio score? More importantly, his presence allowed for a different way of attacking offenses than we've been able to do in the recent past

Trust us when we say Ramsey wasn’t the reason Julio didn’t completely go off against Ramsey. At one point around early 3rd quarter, Matt had been hit on 65% of his drop backs. Most of those were quick pressures, if not all of them. Ramsey was getting beat all game but got bailed out by the rams dominating at the LOS. 

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I hope so brother. They are paying him too much and he is too good not to be killing teams. With hopper and ridley we should be in shootouts with this talent. No matter how bad our defense is.Where are they gonna find the right OC?

The problem is that we have been in shootouts here and there. But when your defense is averaging well over 30 PPG, and around 40 PPG the past three weeks, it’s unrealistic to believe we can play winning football no matter who’s on offense. That, and our o-line and run game has not been good. 

red falcon likes this

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

I would want to get a good judgement in oliver, sheffield, and miller

Also trade Beasley and give Cominsky as many snaps as possible

Cominsky and Oliie, two draft picks I want to see some playing time from. 

I cheer for both but the Falcons have my heart.  Many of my friends out here in Kansas City are asking if we would trade Tru.  I said in a heartbeat.  Another guy asked if we would take a 3rd for him, and I said in a heartbeat.

Romfal likes this

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Trust us when we say Ramsey wasn’t the reason Julio didn’t completely go off against Ramsey. At one point around early 3rd quarter, Matt had been hit on 65% of his drop backs. Most of those were quick pressures, if not all of them. Ramsey was getting beat all game but got bailed out by the rams dominating at the LOS. 

Ramsey knew 30-40% of the playbook, hadn't played in 4 weeks, and was still 10 times better than the CB he replaced. Ramsey admitted that he wished he had three plays against Julio back, because he wasn't up to speed yet. But you guys are ignoring the immense change in how we defend WR's because he's on our defense now. We play man to man, which were were unable to do effectively without Ramsey. The other CB's Safeties, etc...are playing man-to-man as well, because they can do their jobs better without covering for a mismatched Marcus Peters. Yes, Ryan was pressured, because easy options were eliminated and he had to hold onto the ball longer, allowing the pass rush to get there. Wade Phillips blitzed more than at any time he has been in LA vs the Falcons. Why, because we were able to play man coverage. Thanks Ramsey!

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

Oakland got a third round pick from Houston for a CB that was getting toasted all season. Tru can net something decent for us.

Conley is only owed $800K for 2019 and $1.9M for 2020. 

22 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I’m all for blowing it up and starting over. I like Ryan and Julio. Other than that? Deuces.

I would keep Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Debo, Grady. Probably Rico, just because I think Neal is probably done. Don't want to replace both Safeties...

I would like to see Freeman and Tru gone. Not worth what they're making. Kazee gone, dude is garbage.

Indifferent to everyone else.

1 hour ago, LoyalRam said:

Chicken or egg? Our Dline wasn't getting to the QB's before Ramsey arrived  because of fast dump offs. Ramsey knew 30-40% of the playbook and hadn't played any football in 4 weeks when he went against Julio. Wade Phillips was able to let loose the dogs on passing downs and poor Ryan had nowhere to go with his #1 WR taken care of, and our other guys paying man coverage instead of zone...

Some posts you respond to, some you just laugh at....

19 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Everyone gets beat by JJ11, he is a top 5 all time WR. But he slowed him just enough for Wade to go full Wade Phillips mode and blitz which is why they got to ryan so much. 

14 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I cheer for both but the Falcons have my heart.  Many of my friends out here in Kansas City are asking if we would trade Tru.  I said in a heartbeat.  Another guy asked if we would take a 3rd for him, and I said in a heartbeat.

As an added bonus they can have Devondre Campbell for Free. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

37 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Ramsey was getting beat all game but got bailed out by the rams dominating at the LOS. 

At halftime, Julio was averaging 17 yards an ATTEMPT against Ramsey. That was a total mismatch. Unfortunately, Dante Fowler woke up that morning and decided he was Michael Strahan.

Atlantafan21 likes this

2 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

2nd round CBs might be cursed for us

3rd any better? Chris Owens and Chevis Jackson :sadwave:

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

3rd any better? Chris Owens and Chevis Jackson :sadwave:

The frustrating thing about the second round corners thing is that Jalen Collins could play. He just couldn't stop smoking up.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

The frustrating thing about the second round corners thing is that Jalen Collins could play. He just couldn't stop smoking up.

No he couldnt.