The Don™

La Canfora tweet

140 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

At this point Tru is just going off of his name alone

Qbs have like a 58 qb rating when throwing towards him.

24 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

don't be married to players, that's the patriot way. The saints just got a stud center with their 2nd round pick. 

That doesn't help us keep Ryan alive this season.

Malachore likes this

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Qbs have like a 58 qb rating when throwing towards him.

Just like with Ramsey, that doesn't necessarily mean he did anything to prevent the completion

JDaveG likes this

25 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

don't be married to players, that's the patriot way. The saints just got a stud center with their 2nd round pick. 

Agree, but I don't want Ryan getting killed so we can draft Mack's replacement next season.  Mack is under contract for 2020.  We can deal him in the offseason if need be.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Just like with Ramsey, that doesn't necessarily mean he did anything to prevent the completion

Ramsey had a lot of pass rush help, unlike Tru. And Tru doesn’t have to cover JJ 1:1 (god help us if he did)

ya_boi_j and falconsd56 like this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Agree, but I don't want Ryan getting killed so we can draft Mack's replacement next season.  Mack is under contract for 2020.  We can deal him in the offseason if need be.

Yknow, I agree with this. Don't see him being a Falcon much longer regardless...glad we got him when we did though.

JDaveG likes this

I just threw Mack out as a potential cap casualty this coming offseason. You can save $8MM on the 2020 cap. He's regressed some. If you can get a 4th/5th for him, take it. 

Trufant needs to be gone. That's a future cap saving play. 

Flying Falcon and JSteele1994 like this

Don’t trade Alex Mack unless they plan on sitting Ryan for the remainder of the season. Because Wes or whoever is the back up center will most certainly get #2 killed! 

gkgrimes likes this

Just now, treboyplay said:

Don’t trade Alex Mack unless they plan on sitting Ryan for the remainder of the season. Because Wes or whoever is the back up center will most certainly get #2 killed! 

Ryan just got hurt last week with Mack on the field so whats the difference?

39 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

lmao a long time ago we loved these players now we reeling and dealing

Business decision at this point. Others got paid, these guys have declined in pay for the most part.

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

From what I remember it was Wes that got beat and got Ryan hurt. Now we’re talking about having that guy in permanently. I’ll pass on that unless they plan on shipping Ryan out too. 

Edited by treboyplay

2 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

The plan looks to get Lindstrom in the lineup. If Wes can hold up at center enough, we may be fine. I want Lindstrom to work at center and Gano a bit more.

1 minute ago, treboyplay said:

From what I remember it was Wes that got beat and got Ryan hurt. Now we’re talking about having that guy in permanently. I’ll pass on that unless they plan on shipping Ryan out too. 

Ryan has been getting his *** kicked the past two seasons and Mack has been on the field for all of it.

Like me, I’m certain all you folks are willing to see wholesale changes at this point in Falcons history.

Hoping that our phones are ringing with inquiries at Flowery Branch headquarters.

It’s hard to imagine we can become any less hopeful or frustrated at this stage.

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Ramsey had a lot of pass rush help, unlike Tru. And Tru doesn’t have to cover JJ 1:1 (god help us if he did)

My point is that 58 qb rating is cloudy as heck. Far more details than simply he's allowed a 58 qb rating 

1989Fan likes this

8 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Just went back and looked at the play. Mack and the RG had a man double teamed and Donald went right through Wes and sacked Ryan. Mack had nothing to do with it. And now we’re talking about trading Mack and letting that dude take over at center for the rest of the season? He’s the back up center so I’m sure that’s who they will go with. Ryan will most certainly get killed 

Edited by treboyplay

40 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

If only we were the patriots tho ... but yeah it’s time to move on from most of this roster 

2 minutes ago, kschreck said:

So the logic is he sprained his ankle last week so why try to protect him as best you can?

No logic is,

There's a bin sale on isle 3!!! Take advantage!!

46 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Protection/Run Blocking and Pass Coverage is bad with both Mack and Trufant on the field, so their presence coupled with their salary is not really helping the Falcons. Im not opposed to moving either one although I do struggle with Mack because there is no viable replacement on the roster for him. Vic is a no-brainer.

all I know is - if Wes Schweitzer is as bad as he is with a perennial ProBowler next to him, how bad would he be without him?

Also, is there a worse starting OL in the entire NFL right now than Wes Schweitzer?   He must have pictures of Arthur Blank in compromising positions with small farm animals.