Sidecar Falcon

High Pick Conundrum

54 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Bengals I can see going QB. Especially if they get a new HC. I know they liked Finley a lot and may bench Dalton for him soon. If he plays well they may roll with him for another year. Dolphins are a toss up. They have Rosen on a cheap two year contract before he’s gone. They could use that time to boost their defense up with a Chase Young type. Washington would for sure go with a WR, so I think Jeudy would be gone. So that would leave us in a prime position to trade back or draft BPA which at that point is Tua. 

There is no way the Dolphins pass on Tua if he's there. 

2 hours ago, stizz said:

There is no way the Dolphins pass on Tua if he's there. 

I mean, they passed on Ryan.
It’s 50/50. Flores is relatively green and comes from the Belichick coaching tree. So I would imagine that he wants defense first. Not to mention they aren’t in a “win now” mode. They are in their rebuilding phase. 

BPA in reality isn't "Jerry Jeudy is our highest ranked player therefore we must select him" at #4. Typically teams split each round into tiers, and value players within those tiers. As an example they may have a top 10 grade on a number of prospects and anyone of those could be considered BPA.