Force the Issue - NO SHOW for Seattle

rnvnsn

8 minutes ago, rnvnsn said:

Time to force the issue and remove DQ by Monday and TD by January.  Time to show AB our resolve by a massive NO SHOW for Sunday's Seattle game!

I agree. NO SHOW!!!!!!   If you see someone sitting waaaaaaaaayyyy up there in those cheap $30 seats, just ignore them. Cause it ain't me. :ninja:

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Funny thing is.... There were probably more fans there for the Rams game than have been all season. 

That's because the ticket prices are usually TOO HIGH with psl's and such for most of us on a budget...so when things are terrible and season ticket holders bail out and sell their tickets for cheap, we can finally afford to go!!  You think that would be a lesson for the FO to learn too!

Just now, Refried Beans said:

Just being happy with the removal of Dan Quinn is foolish our problems go deeper than that. We have no o-line or d-line and that is a major flaw in the Falcons ability to scout and evaluate players. You cant expect a first time head coach to be able to come in and eval talent, especially a coach who has been nothing but a d-line coach. The whole Falcons upper management from McKay on down needs to go, you have had coaches like Matt LaFleur- Current GB head coach, Mike Shannahan- Current San Fran coach, Mike Zimmer- current Minnesota coach, Wade Philips- current LA Rams d coordinator, all really good coaches that the Falcons let walk under McKay's watch,  and now the Falcons are sitting with retread coordinators like Raheem, and Koetter, get real. No way any coach could succeed with such a poor coaching staff, and then go back to the players. Outside of D Jones, and Grady Jarrett the talent on the defense is terrible, and on offense our o-line has no manhood. So clearly somewhere up in UPPER management SOMEONE is giving wrong advice constantly and all Falcons are doing is flipping coaches every four years and getting same results. Like a company with high turn over. Falcons need to make the right FIRES this time and the right HIRES afterwards because this four year "process" is getting old. Fire McKay, TD, all scouts, and Quinn and entire coaching staff and hire Ed Dodds from Indianapolis and let him rebuild it. He is a real football exec unlike Falcons current Upper Management. 

GREAT POST! The problem goes higher than just Quinn. We have a coaching staff full of outcast, fired coaches - what did this organization expect? I was sick when we let LeFluer walk for SARK. This organization makes boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision. You outlined it perfectly - we need to fire upper management as well. Ousting just quinn and not TD would be the same old same old. We will be looking for a new coach in the next 4 years... and the cycle continues. 

Edited by D.B.N.

23 minutes ago, rnvnsn said:

Time to force the issue and remove DQ by Monday and TD by January.  Time to show AB our resolve by a massive NO SHOW for Sunday's Seattle game!

it looks like the "NO SHOW" train is already under way from looking at the Rams game.

6 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Just being happy with the removal of Dan Quinn is foolish our problems go deeper than that. We have no o-line or d-line and that is a major flaw in the Falcons ability to scout and evaluate players. You cant expect a first time head coach to be able to come in and eval talent, especially a coach who has been nothing but a d-line coach. The whole Falcons upper management from McKay on down needs to go, you have had coaches like Matt LaFleur- Current GB head coach, Mike Shannahan- Current San Fran coach, Mike Zimmer- current Minnesota coach, Wade Philips- current LA Rams d coordinator, all really good coaches that the Falcons let walk under McKay's watch,  and now the Falcons are sitting with retread coordinators like Raheem, and Koetter, get real. No way any coach could succeed with such a poor coaching staff, and then go back to the players. Outside of D Jones, and Grady Jarrett the talent on the defense is terrible, and on offense our o-line has no manhood. So clearly somewhere up in UPPER management SOMEONE is giving wrong advice constantly and all Falcons are doing is flipping coaches every four years and getting same results. Like a company with high turn over. Falcons need to make the right FIRES this time and the right HIRES afterwards because this four year "process" is getting old. Fire McKay, TD, all scouts, and Quinn and entire coaching staff and hire Ed Dodds from Indianapolis and let him rebuild it. He is a real football exec unlike Falcons current Upper Management. 

Quinn chose these coaches when he had McDaniels and LaFleur sitting right down the hall from him. So THIS is ALL ON QUINN.

And he chose these players by doubling down, so THIS IS ALL ON QUINN.

4 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Quinn chose these coaches when he had McDaniels and LaFleur sitting right down the hall from him. So THIS is ALL ON QUINN.

And he chose these players by doubling down, so THIS IS ALL ON QUINN.

YES, Quinn had all the juice, all the power he needed as he walked through the door.   As best I can tell, Quinn got every player he wanted - many good draft picks/some bad ones.      The only pick I'm not sure about was Chris Lindstrom - Quinn may have wanted Christian Wilkins there but he didn't fall and the plan wasn't to move up.   Not getting the rookie DT is not the difference in his tenure.

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Flying Falcon, did he choose them or was he FORCED to choose them. Dan Quinn had no prior working experience with Koetter or Raheem, looks like these coaches were forced on him from up above. Former Tampa Bay trash (McKay) bringing in re-tread Tampa Bay trash (Koetter, Raheem)

tenor.gif

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

YES, Quinn had all the juice, all the power he needed as he walked through the door.   As best I can tell, Quinn got every player he wanted - many good draft picks/some bad ones.      The only pick I'm not sure about was Chris Lindstrom - Quinn may have wanted Christian Wilkins there but he didn't fall and the plan wasn't to move up.   Not getting the rookie DT is not the difference in his tenure.

And that's the thing. This is Dan Quinn's isht show. So he has to sit here and DEAL WIT IT.

4 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I call BS, I think McKay is bringing in light weight coaches and GMs and putting his people around them, McKay has a dated vision of how a football franchise works and this is resembled in who we are picking the offense we are running and decisions we are making. Falcon fans need to call out Blank and tell him to bounce McKay on down, I may be wrong but if all McKay is is Team President that has no input then what harm would it do. I think Blank has lied to us the whole time and that he leans on McKay to do the ownership work and all McKay does is give bad advice. Look at the RBs we pick ( all small sized like Warrick Dunn) look at the defenisive players we draft ( all small sized like old school Bucs team) look at our OC from Tampa, look at our DC from Tampa. We need ALL of this GONE. How can ANY new coach succeed with a cancer like McKay in the way? 

Dude, it that was the case, then why Shanahan was hired? Sark? Manuel?

McKay dont even run the team/player operations like that anymore. He's involved with the project side like the stadium and other things.

Shannahan was hired because DK was head coach at the time of the Bucs. Shannahan before he got to Atlanta was flopping at Washington with RG3 if you remember correctly and was hired by Bruce Allen the former GM from where? TAMPA BAY. 

Shanahan was hired because Quinn wanted him. That is WELL documented.  Quinn went on record saying in order to get him, Blank had to hire Shanahan. Look it up and stop throwing isht against the wall to see what sticks.

Shannahan, Koetter, Raheem, if you look closely you will see all hires lead back to McKay and his Tampa Bay cronnies. All McKay is doing is bringing in light weight Position Coaches and hiring the people around them can Falcon fans not see this? 

Dude, just stop. Stop now while your behind.

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

No.

Let's keep Quinn.

I like the direction of the team at the moment.... because I want a high draft pick.

That's where I'm at now. No need to fire him now. We're not going to hire his replacement until the off-season. We fire him now, then an intern may light a little spark in the team and we run off 3-5 wins and ruin our draft spot. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Shanahan was hired because Quinn wanted him. That is WELL documented.  Quinn went on record saying in order to get him, Blank had to hire Shanahan. Look it up and stop throwing isht against the wall to see what sticks.

This...Quinn said he wanted Shanahan because his offense was the hardest to defend..