FalconsIn2012

Too Early 2020 Coach List

142 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, shockerfalcon said:

Who is the OC for Baltimore because the growth with Lamar Jackson in 1 year is amazing. Certainly deserves a look

They are running a college RPO right? Effective for now definitely...just wondering what happens first - defenses adapt or they break Lamar...just like they did RG3

that said we don’t have the QB for that unless we hand it over to Etling.

just no college coaches. Any current coordinator aside from our own. I'd be willing to give Morris a try out as interm if DQ gets canned

2 hours ago, cam-marino said:

Would Falcons bring Pioli in at GM?

This place would flip upside down if they did.  He has been in charge of scouting and the draft since Quinn got here and outside of 16 it’s been a rough few years.

13 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

They are running a college RPO right? Effective for now definitely...just wondering what happens first - defenses adapt or they break Lamar...just like they did RG3

that said we don’t have the QB for that unless we hand it over to Etling.

Go watch the playoff game against the Chargers last year.  Shut him down.  He is a freak athlete, he is fast and elusive, but not accurate consistently enough when they get behind and forced to pass.  Great in an RPO offense but when the only option is pass he isn’t built for that.

Just now, rings639 said:

Go watch the playoff game against the Chargers last year.  Shut him down.  He is a freak athlete, he is fast and elusive, but not accurate consistently enough when they get behind and forced to pass.

He was a terrible passer last year, but the couple I watched this year he has been much improved. He also seems to have cleaned up his fumbling issues some. I am still not 100% sold on his long term success though, just based on history of running QBs.

rings639 likes this

This is a team with a championship-caliber offense in place and a number of key pieces on defense... I don't want any first time coaches this time around... Get me someone with experience!!! 

If we are going first time coach then blow the entire thing up and let them build from scratch. 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

He was a terrible passer last year, but the couple I watched this year he has been much improved. He also seems to have cleaned up his fumbling issues some. I am still not 100% sold on his long term success though, just based on history of running QBs.

He has played from ahead most games, has one game over 300 yards (dolphins) and sits around 63% completion, which is up from 58% so he has improved.  I’ll still wait until he is forced to drop back 35-40 times against an actual defense and see how he responds when the run isn’t a threat anymore.

1989Fan likes this

3 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

This is a team with a championship-caliber offense in place and a number of key pieces on defense... I don't want any first time coaches this time around... Get me someone with experience!!! 

If we are going first time coach then blow the entire thing up and let them build from scratch. 

Who is out there with experience that is forward thinking and creative on offense that is going to scheme players open, use pre snap movement and use a heavy dose of play action like we need? 

FalconBlood23 likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I’ve always been a big fan of David Shaw from Stanford as a future NFL Head Coach. 

I like Cole’s thoughts on McDaniel as OC, to reinstitute Shanny’s WCO. 

If DQ fired a mid-year, I hope they let Ulbrich show what he can do as interim DC. 

This is me, as well. 

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Somebody enlighten me on why we'd consider Stefanski...

Check out what he’s done for the Vikings offense since taking over. 

I want a innovative offensive mind as HC, but Matt Eberflus is really intriguing.  He's done a great job at every stop and he's doing amazing things with a Colts D that most wouldn't be able to name 3 players on.

3 hours ago, cam-marino said:

Would Falcons bring Pioli in at GM?

Why what’s he done as a GM?

Ill say this if DK is anywhere near this team I’m on the trade Matt Ryan and Julio Jones bandwagon.

If he’s anywhere near this team we are history.

1 hour ago, vel said:

I guess. I'm just not sold on him being a HC. OC maybe. But full on HC? 

Yeah, me neither. A few good games doesn't leave me all that impressed.

vel likes this

4 hours ago, vel said:

Somebody enlighten me on why we'd consider Stefanski...

Wouldn’t be my first choice but I wouldn’t complain.

Edited by atlbaby

1 hour ago, atlbaby said:

Wouldn’t be my first choice but I wouldn’t complain.

Meanwhile in Flowery Branch, the Falcons offense relies on PA to fully utilize the playbook yet we refuse to try and run the football...more at 11:00

I don't know Daboll, but he coached under Saban and Belichick.  If he has adopted the same philosophy, habits and persona as his mentors, than I am very interested.  

I really don't see the need to go after the hot young genius.  I think that the HC is very different from the OC/DC.  We need a leader who knows the game but focusses on making sure everyone in the building is doing his job at the highest level.  

The Belichick plan works because BB sets the goals and responsibilities and then he makes everyone accountable.  Yes, BB is a smart defensive guy, but what makes him a winner is his clear cut leadership.  

FalconsIn2012 and GATXBOI like this

6 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I really don't see the need to go after the hot young genius.  I think that the HC is very different from the OC/DC.  We need a leader who knows the game but focusses on making sure everyone in the building is doing his job at the highest level.  

The Belichick plan works because BB sets the goals and responsibilities and then he makes everyone accountable.  Yes, BB is a smart defensive guy, but what makes him a winner is his clear cut leadership.  

Stop trying to replicate BB, he is the exception, not the norm.  Same as Brady.  Today’s NFL is won with the OC Up and comer as the new HC and a proven DC.   If you go the other way you’d OC is promoted to another team as HC and you end up like the Falcons did after 2016.

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

@vel   @athell

@PeytonMannings Forehead@Vandy

@MSalmon

@Knight of God
@Ergo Proxy

Who do you guys like on the OC/DC or QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator level?

Personally, I'm not married to the idea that we have to continue to chase the nirvana that was Kyle Shanahan's mythical offense.  There are plenty of other schemes out there we could build a potent offense around, so I'm not too keen right now on that piece of it so much as I am finding the right man for the job.

I love Robert Saleh... and I liked him and thought he was a good coach before he put the #2 defense in the NFL on the field.  Listening to Kyle talk about his demeanor and how he is with players just reinforces that.  I'm still wondering if this isn't a bit early for him to be elevated to the top job yet.

There are a couple of other guys I'd settle for... even a couple I might be intrigued about, but I like everything Saleh is about.

vel, Ovie_Lover and FalconsIn2012 like this

2 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Stop trying to replicate BB, he is the exception, not the norm.  Same as Brady.  Today’s NFL is won with the OC Up and comer and a proven DC.   If you go the other way you’d OC is promoted to another team as HC and you end up like the Falcons did after 2016.

I will never stop trying to replicate BB.  I have samples of his fingernails in a lab in my evil lair.  I will clone him and rule the world.