Report: Falcons working on Vic Beasley trade, finding cool market

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

His comp pick will be higher than any possible return. AKA a 5th.

1 hour ago, FalconFan1st said:

The Falcons will have to practically give this guy away. His upside is an illusion that has been seen through.

At this point, are we really concerned about what we get for him?  Most of the people on here didn't want him on the team at all, so why not ask for a MAX 5th rounder and let someone take the prorated amount of his 2019 contract, Even at a 6th or 7th we might get, we could have someone absorb his remaining dollars for this year and we should be able to roll them over into next year to help with the cap shouldn't we?

If we were to trade him this week, I'm assuming we would save the rest of his contract at about 7.2 million

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dam, the Falcons can find a trade partner for Duke Riley but not Vic? lol What does that say about Vic?  

Dumb *** should have gotten that 3rd last season

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Dam, the Falcons can find a trade partner for Duke Riley but not Vic? lol

What does that say about Vic?

Says a lot about Vic and a lot about the Falcon's decision makers.

When we had a chance to deal him for a 3rd last year, we should have grabbed it and ran away like we had just robbed a bank.

9 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Says a lot about Vic and a lot about the Falcon's decision makers.

When we had a chance to deal him for a 3rd last year, we should have grabbed it and ran away like we had just robbed a bank.

It's the difference in contract more than anything. No one wants to pay an obscene amount for a piece you could MAYBE coach up but then have to pay next year.

But here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

I am hearing the trade partners want a late round pick from the Falcons in order to take Beasley and swallow the 9 game checks. Brock Osweiler trade 2.0

Itd be worth it ifnlets say falcons trade Beaskey and a 6th for a 5th rounder. If it frees up money that can be used as rollover for cap next year I'd be all for it

Last I checked, this team is bad. We aren't going to get a comp pick for Beasley b/c our new HC and possibly new GM will be signing players to bring in for the 2021 season. Those will most likley cancel each other out...

Furthermore, the same rings true to Hooper, whom @g-dawg mentioned in previous post...get as much value as possible right now...

Mack for a 4th or 5th from KC, HOU, or SF (all have cap room and are in the hunt with wanting to improve OL). Trading Mack opens up $8.5 mil the remainder of this season and would give us just $2.5 mil in dead cap next year...we could easily ask for a player in return...maybe Solomon Thomas who has ended up down the rotation in SF or Emmanual Ogbah from KC?

Trufant fora  2nd...the Iggles went hard at Ramsey and didnt get him...let's strike while the iron is hot before they become sellers...they have the cap space (I'd be fine with a 3rd). We do have to eat $10 next year on the trade though...

Devonta Freeman...somehow brainwash KC or Green Bay they need an upgrade at RB and that is Freeman...even if its just a 5th or 6th...it gets us out of that contract and lets us see young guys. This one hurts bc you only get $3.75 mil in cap relief this year, but eat $6 mil in dead amount next year...

Vic Beasley to the Raiders for a 5th...I'd take it in a heart beat. I'd even say it can be a conditional 5th that could move to a 6th based on lack of performance.

Remember, Vic Beasley has 9 games left in him...we aren't getting much for him this season and we certainly wont get a comp pick for him except to cancel out a signing we make...which based on our upcoming FA...our ext best comp eligible free agents are Jack Crawford and Adrian Clayborn...we arent getting comp picks folks!!!!

Another point, trading Vic Beasley for any draft pick will actually open up $12m in cap relief for us, so we could actually bring back a player in other moves or a player from the Raiders...just food for thought...

Lastly, the dead cap figures mentioned above can be mitigated by rollover cap from players being traded (has been a common practice of teams under current CBA) especially as it relates to teams being on the hook for prorated signing bonuses...thus why you see less player for player trades...you get stuck with the dead cap and a new salary...so you lose rolloever dollars from freed up current cap year to next year to offset the prorated bonuses you are still on the hook for...

Just to note...from todays trade, the Falcons are eating $3.8m for Sanu's contract in 2019 and are on the hook for $1.4 mil in 2020 dead money...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Nothing could be that bad. We might have a worse W/L rate, but this is all recency bias my guy. With that and Quitrino leaving midseason...that season was obscene.

Our head coach sang Woo Pig Suey WHILE our team was playing on MNF. We could never throw under that.

outside of our core players - Matt, Julio, Calvin, Matthews(I guess), Grady, Debo, Rico - and this year's draft picks - outside of those, no one should be untouchable.  My buddy @Vandy disagrees w/ me, but this team as currently constituted, isn't in position to contend next year - major changes need to be made now and in off-season to give us a chance for 2021.