Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu 7

Report: Falcons working on Vic Beasley trade, finding cool market

92 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

This should piss everyone off! He should be ashamed of himself, but the kid is laughing all the way to the bank. Soon he can devote all his energy to garbage b ball.

Every offseason all I see him doing is basketball camps and tournaments. Get with Chuck Smith, somebody!!! Work on your pass rush. Improve as a player. I understand you like to mentor young athletes, but you have a job

11 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

If we can't trade him in the next few weeks I'd just cut him outright at this point

Mad, Great minds think alike!!’ Cut your loss and remove the cancer.

14 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

This season is arguably equally as embarrassing as Vick's dogfighting debacle. Top to bottom we're just pathetic. 

Nothing could be that bad. We might have a worse W/L rate, but this is all recency bias my guy. With that and Quitrino leaving midseason...that season was obscene.

jidady and JSteele1994 like this

12 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Dam, the Falcons can find a trade partner for Duke Riley but not Vic? lol

What does that say about Vic?

That he sucks like a jet engine-powered Dyson vacuum cleaner?

PokerSteve and Flying Falcon like this

A friend of mine told me Vic doesn't love football. He's actually quite miserable. He did it to get his check. Now he's got it. The Falcons should have traded him last year. Now, the market is set with Clowney having gone for a third this offseason. In season, no team is taking Vic for that. Maybe a 5th at the highest. 7th is most likely. He's basically Jordan Richards. 

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Jets apparently offered a 2nd. That's almost a first rounder. Arrogance.

Well ****, I didn't hear about that one. That makes this even worse

JDaveG and Flying Falcon like this

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

I have only ever heard a third...who stated a 2nd?

heck Fowler went for a 3 and 5, so a 3rd makes much more sense.

amd now we won’t get anything but disappointment out of him.

JSteele1994 likes this

10 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Every offseason all I see him doing is basketball camps and tournaments. Get with Chuck Smith, somebody!!! Work on your pass rush. Improve as a player. I understand you like to mentor young athletes, but you have a job

Like chuck said, he has the heart of a mouse. DQ put all his faith in him and dude still didn't show up early to camp electing to go play some and 1 ball. 

9 minutes ago, vel said:

A friend of mine told me Vic doesn't love football. He's actually quite miserable. He did it to get his check. Now he's got it. The Falcons should have traded him last year. Now, the market is set with Clowney having gone for a third this offseason. In season, no team is taking Vic for that. Maybe a 5th at the highest. 7th is most likely. He's basically Jordan Richards. 

Like I said, this is just a weekend hobby for him. His passion is basketball and his camps/tournaments he runs

Flying Falcon likes this

12 minutes ago, vel said:

Yeah you can tell he doesn't have a true passion out there on the field.

I can bet good money that Vic is one of the guys that Julio, Grady and Allen has alluded to when saying certain players just aren't all in.

Enough of drafting just drafting for speed and athletes. That doesn't work in the long run. Guys like Ryan, Julio, Grady get better and better because they're committed to their craft. Give me more football players with the desire to get better.

vel and Flying Falcon like this

Ya think? How about this. There are three teams in this week's ESPN's Top Ten Power Rankings that are coached by coaches that used to work in Atlanta. #3 Mike Shannahan- San Fran #4 Matt LaFleur- Green Bay and #8 Mike Zimmer- Minnesota and the number #11 team the LA Rams just came into Atlanta and shut us down with our old defensive coordinator Wade Philips who just took the Rams to the Super Bowl last year. And the Falcons sit at  Number 29 of 32 teams in this power ranking. So the question we should be asking ourselves as Falcon fans is how are this many good coaches leaving here and succeeding elsewhere and WHO is making the REAL decisions on what coaches stay and what coaches go. And the answer to that question would be WHO was here when all these coaches came thru, WHO is the commom denominator= Arthur Blank and Rich McKay, so who is to say just changing coaches AGAIN will change anything. 

Edited by Refried Beans
PokerSteve and SoldMySoul like this

21 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Not even close.

The Falcons are just bad this year.  I'm also not getting into any moral arguments with people that know nothing about football.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine. As far as whatever else you're on about...I couldn't care any less.

GhostofGritz likes this

15 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Unbelievable arrogance. Quinn is supposed to be such a detail-oriented guy, how in tf does the big picture totally elude him? How could you dare put your HC job on the line by betting on Vic Beasley? Does. Not. Compute.

Flying Falcon likes this

17 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Nothing could be that bad. We might have a worse W/L rate, but this is all recency bias my guy. With that and Quitrino leaving midseason...that season was obscene.

Recency bias? Perhaps. I've been religiously following the Falcons since 1989. This year's crap show definitely ranks waaaaaaaaaaaay up on the list of supreme **** ups.

Flying Falcon likes this

Francis if the Jets offered a 2nd for VB and we didn't take it then I for sure have no more faith we will ever go anywhere with current front office in charge. No way Jets offered 2nd and we turned it down for Bust Beasley. 

1989Fan and vel like this

When I found out that he didn't show up in the off season to work with Quinn.... and now he plays like this?

I have no problem getting rid of him for a low round pick. I didn't want him at $12M anyway

Francis York Morgan and vel like this

7 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Yeah you can tell he doesn't have a true passion out there on the field.

I can bet good money that Vic is one of the guys that Julio, Grady and Allen has alluded to when saying certain players just aren't all in.

I said it when they kept him it would be an issue. He's making $13MM. No, they aren't counting his coins, but it's definitely something they know. And what he's giving the team is nowhere close. That's why I had no issue when he was cheap. It didn't impact locker room morale. I'm all about precedent. Most fans don't see that side and how it impacts locker room morale. They are always going to compare a situation to themselves. If a guy like Sanu can get traded, then I'm not off limits. If a guy like Vic can coast and make $13MM, why should I work much harder? 

JDaveG, The Don™ and No.11 like this