Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu 7

Report: Falcons working on Vic Beasley trade, finding cool market

92 posts in this topic

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/10/22/20926643/report-falcons-working-on-vic-beasley-trade-finding-cool-market

When we first heard that Vic Beasley was on the trade block, I had hoped some team enamored with his potential would surrender a mid-round pick for him. I knew that might be a long shot, but now it looks like an absolute pipe dream.

Per Jeff Schultz at The Athletic, the Falcons are shopping Vic Beasley hard ahead of the trade deadline but aren’t exactly finding a ton of suitors.

This is endlessly aggravating for any number of reasons. The team’s decision to roll on with Beasley on his fifth-year option was part of a larger bet Dan Quinn made on himself and his crew, and it’s turned out to be a catastrophe all around. The team’s defense has gone into the toilet and Beasley, while not the liability he was a season ago, hasn’t exactly taken a step forward. Considering the team had offers on the table for him last year and those likely would have been much better than what they are getting now—and considering the opportunity cost of keeping Beasley at that salary for 2019—what looked like a questionable move at the time can absolutely be declared a huge mistake.

I’m hopeful Beasley will land somewhere where he’ll have better fortunes, and I’m hopeful the Falcons will get a draft pick back that they’ll be able to turn into a useful defender in 2020. We’re days, if not hours, away from knowing.

Noooo, say it ain’t so. Cool market on VB. Right now as a football player he’s worth a half loaf of moldy bread and a flat Coca-Cola. I don’t see anybody offering more than a 6/7 round pick if that. 

Flying Falcon likes this

I’ve said it on here before and @ Beasley on Twitter. His heart is in basketball and his tournaments he puts on. This is just a weekend hobby for him. His true passion is basketball

Edited by wartownfalcon
SoldMySoul likes this

Should try to trade him to some European basketball team at this point and let him pursue his dream in Estonia, we had that 3rd round pick and super Falcon mucked it up. :bang:

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

Should try to trade him to some European basketball team at this point and let him pursue his dream in Estonia, we had that 3rd round pick and super Falcon mucked it up. :bang:

He DEFINITELY wishes he was playing basketball and listening to Jason Aldean.

Osiruz likes this

4 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Just keep him and take whatever comp pick comes our way.

He is a very handy piece for us if we want to keep losing.

Hard to belive that there is going to be a comp pick. Whos gonna give him a big contract?

5 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

This season is arguably equally as embarrassing as Vick's dogfighting debacle. Top to bottom we're just pathetic. 

Not even close.

The Falcons are just bad this year.  I'm also not getting into any moral arguments with people that know nothing about football.

8 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I’ve said it on here before and @ Beasley on Twitter. His heart is in basketball and his tournaments he puts on. This is just a weekend hobby for him. His true passion is basketball

This should piss everyone off! He should be ashamed of himself, but the kid is laughing all the way to the bank. Soon he can devote all his energy to garbage b ball.

9 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Dam, the Falcons can find a trade partner for Duke Riley but not Vic? lol

What does that say about Vic?

Me me me, in a loud voice raising my hand!!!!!!!

” He *******      Sucks!!!!!!!!!!”

Edited by SoldMySoul
Peteshweddy, PokerSteve and Osiruz like this