I'm ready to see Gono at left tackle

If I were calling the shots, Ryan would sit down and fully heal until next year. Matthews would be on the next train out of town and Gono would get the nod for the remainder of the year. Either we have something in him, or we don't. Matthews salary is RIDICULOUS for next year. Might as well see what we can get for him now. 

Just now, red falcon said:

How do you figure hes bad. Did well in preseason. Cant be any worse than what the falcons put on the field now.

He looked pretty terrible in preseason to me.  I remember thinking that his name sounded like "gone," which is what he'd probably end up being.  

I'm not saying I disagree with giving him a shot though.  It's just a scary thought.

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

How do you figure hes bad. Did well in preseason. Cant be any worse than what the falcons put on the field now.

Oh you poor misguided soul.

One day you will understand that when it comes to the Falcons,  it can always get worse.

Granted the defense has come come close a couple of times but it can always get worse.

6 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

If I were calling the shots, Ryan would sit down and fully heal until next year. Matthews would be on the next train out of town and Gono would get the nod for the remainder of the year. Either we have something in him, or we don't. Matthews salary is RIDICULOUS for next year. Might as well see what we can get for him now. 

I'd still start Matt, but yes, I agree, get something for Matthews while we can and blow this team up.

Be careful what you wish for ... Left Tackles don’t grow on trees my buddy is a Broncos fan they drafted Garett Bolles in the 1st round 2017 he sucks a** every play is a sack or a hold do i think Matthews is elite ? No but Matt gets killed as it is at least Matthews ain’t a bust like some thought he might be early on 

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Ryan has a simple ankle sprain.  Shutting him down for nine games wouldn't really help anything would it?  

Well it would ensure our top draft pick but it would send a bad message to fans i live in FL everyone knows Dolphins tanking but at least they’re “trying” if we sit Ryan with a minor injury that mentality will be hard to shake for the new regime but hey we losing with Matt in there anyway so let’s just see what happens 

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

Well it would ensure our top draft pick but it would send a bad message to fans i live in FL everyone knows Dolphins tanking but at least they’re “trying” if we sit Ryan with a minor injury that mentality will be hard to shake for the new regime but hey we losing with Matt in there anyway so let’s just see what happens 

It's a crazy idea for one simple reason:  Matt Ryan would never even entertain the notion of not playing.  He's a competitor.  

5 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Be careful what you wish for ... Left Tackles don’t grow on trees my buddy is a Broncos fan they drafted Garett Bolles in the 1st round 2017 he sucks a** every play is a sack or a hold do i think Matthews is elite ? No but Matt gets killed as it is at least Matthews ain’t a bust like some thought he might be early on 

That's my point. Ryan is running for his life and has happy feet anyway. Why overpay Matthews? 

8 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

That’s too bad Bolles looked like an athletic prospect that could handle speed rushers. 

21 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh you poor misguided soul.

One day you will understand that when it comes to the Falcons,  it can always get worse.

Granted the defense has come come close a couple of times but it can always get worse.

Luckily for me I took the emotion out of it the year after the super bowl. Said I wouldnt allow them to make me angry or upset anymore. 

Matthews is not a bad OL. IMO, he's actually pretty steady. Having said that, I think he might be miscast. If we could snag a top LT in either the draft or FA, then I'd move him inside to LG. Then we'd have solved multiple problems. A line of (LT) Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom and McGary is very promising. It also gives us guys who can swing in McGary and Matthews should our typical OL injuries occur. 

34 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Jake is a good LT. Some of you need to go watch other teams and see how terrible their lines are too.

This is ridiculous. 

We really have some blind fans complaining about everything. In their eyes, everyone sucks. This shows the immaturity and irrationality on these threads. JM has been a solid player and it doesn’t help that our OL has seen so many injuries and set backs affecting the whole line. 

Tell me how many teams have good OL? Not that many... You may find 4-5 teams with solid OL and the rest are average or below average. 

This board is full BS at times with those acting like they know everything about Football. These are not real fans, just a bunch of complainers and those who are on a suicide mission to fire everyone. What a pathetic fan base...

Edited by stingbee

6 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol this is stupid. You actually have a good LT and want to sit him for a project? If anything, put Gono at LG. You've seen what Carpenter can do. Maybe try him some at center. 

I am glad someone else said this.....I am trying to be nicer to people.

Watching the team lose is bad enough but watching people devalue good players because of less than half of season of bad football is equally bad.

41 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

This, Matthews is average and should be paid an average salary but he ain't the worst. Trading him while having an unproven rookie at RT is a death sentence for Matt Ryan. 

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am glad someone else said this.....I am trying to be nicer to people.

Watching the team lose is bad enough but watching people devalue good players because of less than half of season of bad football is equally bad.

I mean when you're down 20 and all of your pass plays are 7 step drops and you have to help your rookie RT, your LT is left out to dry versus guys pinning their ears back. People are clueless. 

26 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Matthews is not a bad OL. IMO, he's actually pretty steady. Having said that, I think he might be miscast. If we could snag a top LT in either the draft or FA, then I'd move him inside to LG. Then we'd have solved multiple problems. A line of (LT) Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom and McGary is very promising. It also gives us guys who can swing in McGary and Matthews should our typical OL injuries occur. 

A 16 million dollar left guard? HAHAHAHAHA