The Don™

Julio after Rams Game

110 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Between Week 12 of 2016 and Week 2 of 2018 we allowed 19 ppg

Like I just put in the other post. Once teams figured out our "Cover 1" and "Cover 3",  Quinn was done. He dont know how to coach. He should be a Life Coach.

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Between Week 12 of 2016 and Week 2 of 2018 we allowed 19 ppg

Quinn is this guy:

jerry-reed-the-waterboy-1998-FHPAYY.jpg

He stole Gus Bradley's defense book/scheme and parlayed himself to a HC job. Once opponents figured him out, he didnt know how to adjust and got caught with his pants down.

Sell The Team, Art likes this

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Quinn is this guy:

He stole Gus Bradley's defense book/scheme and parlayed himself to a HC job. Once opponents figured him out, he didnt know how to adjust and got caught with his pants down.

I think you doing him wrong... But I can’t defend him this year. Every other year I can point to issues or reasons. The philosophy for this season was simply obtuse

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think you doing him wrong... But I can’t defend him this year. Every other year I can point to issues or reasons. The philosophy for this season was simply obtuse

Think about it. How can you honestly go from a hard hitting defense to cant do NOTHING right. And it's not just the players. The players didnt even do this with Smitty. I think they figured Quinn out. He cant coach and he's a snake. Throwing people under the bus.

3 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Think about it. How can you honestly go from a hard hitting defense to cant do NOTHING right. And it's not just the players. The players didnt even do this with Smitty. I think they figured Quinn out. He cant coach and he's a snake. Throwing people under the bus.

Because Arthur Blank forced him to be a head coach and defensive coordinator at the same time… Not an easy task and he clearly is not up to it. There are maybe five coaches that can effectively manage that much of the football team.

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Because Arthur Blank forced him to be a head coach and defensive coordinator at the same time… Not an easy task and he clearly is not up to it. There are maybe five coaches that can effectively manage that much of the football team.

The guy is a snake. This part will come out real soon. He's a Cheerleader Snake.

23 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Quinn is this guy:

I'd be more than willing to bet that Quinn can't play a guitar like that guy could.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

See, this is where I am too.  I'm not saying Quinn bears zero responsibility.  Far from it.  I expect him to be fired.  This team, bad as it is, ought to be playing better than this.

But the truth is, a new coach won't turn soft players into bad ***ses.  He might for a season, maybe 2.  But you can't fix lazy.  You can't fix low effort and low energy.  You can't fix guys who coast.  Quinn's mistake is in not recognizing those players and shipping them out.  And I'm not 100% convinced he's even behind all that, given that our owner goes to the press about getting deals done for people.

The problem, and you've hit it on the head, is it isn't the depth guys who are costing us games.  I can forgive Oliver and McGary's mistakes.  But when Alex Mack, Jake Matthews, Matt Ryan, Desmond Trufant, Vic Beasley, Devondre Campbell and too many others to list are making the same stupid mistakes and costing this team with low effort play?  That ain't on the coach.  Those players are going to get a decent man fired.

If we fire Quinn and TD stays, I'm not going to be happy.  If we fire TD and Quinn stays?  I might be able to live with that for a season or two.  The coach isn't performing well.  But he's also hamstrung.  The culture of this team is sick unto death.

My thing is they weren’t lazy nor lo-energy in the Eagles game. Also it seems like several games we played one decent half per game.  The first half of the Texans game and the second half of the Cards.  I just think we ran up into a superior team in the Colts. 

It seems like we can turn our play on with a switch. 

33 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Curious where you are seeing the "forced him" part.  I have been under the impression that it was Quinn's decision to be judge, jury and executioner in regards to the defense...doubling down by making Vic his pet project.  Am I missing something?  Because it seemed to me that Quinn's stubbornness and pride led to this season's catastrophe.

mqg96, Flying Falcon, rounz and 3 others like this

Only reason I would be ok for quinn to get fired would be for the tell all of what really happened.

Edited by shc

Unpopular opinion, but I still support Quinn as coach. I always liked what he brought to the team and I think he's still growing as a coach and will get better. As for failing to motivate unmotivated players. I agree that's part of his job but at the end of the day they're still grown men who make millions because they can monopolize their athletic talent. Sometimes athletes just won't commit like they should. I do however think we need to get someone from the WCO back at OC though.

Edited by likeriver

i'm kind of sick of hearing how Quinn is a nice guy. Nice guys finish last. He.ll look at how nasty Sean rat-faced-boy Payton is as a HC.

The Falcons need more nasty, especially on defense.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

i'm kind of sick of hearing how Quinn is a nice guy. Nice guys finish last. He.ll look at how nasty Sean rat-faced-boy Payton is as a HC.

The Falcons need more nasty, especially on defense.

But they (TATF POSTERS) told us that they dont want a coach like that. They love the way Quinn handles the players. Well, I wonder if they still love the way he's handling them now.

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

But they (TATF POSTERS) told us that they dont want a coach like that. They love the way Quinn handles the players. Well, I wonder if they still love the way he's handling them now.

Yup

Flying Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Yes it's definitely a coaching problem and a lack of identity that Q has failed to install. However, it seems like there are players in the locker room that are not fully invested like they should be. Grady said something very similar a few weeks ago too. 

It's a collective issue and not just one thing. Quinn seems like a great guy and he knows what he wants coming out of the draft. However, I think there are too many athletes and "talents" in that locker room and not enough football players that have the want and desire. Beasley is an example I can think of. Look at the Patriots. They don't need a bunch of big names and track stars to make their team go year after year.

Julio displayed a sign of veteran leadership which is underrated by some on this board. We need more of that but I think this team with the exception of a few players, is too far gone. 

Good players can’t overcome bad coaches.

2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

No motivation is not a coaching issue at this level.

Climbing up the corporate ladder for almost 15 years and having to depend on people who have the need for external motivation is the worst team experience I've had. 

The best is having teammates and peers with internal motivation and then you come together for a common goal. 

I promise you that motivation is not a coaching issue. Can't cop out lazy players like that.

A boss makes or break performance even in that corporate setting. A bad boss is the reason people do poorly or leave jobs almost every time. Good bosses allow people to thrive. At every level. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

The guy is a snake. This part will come out real soon. He's a Cheerleader Snake.

What do you mean he is a snake?

I mean I think he should be gone, long gone! Do I am not here to argue about him at all! But you know us ladies love the gossip!

4 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Yes it's definitely a coaching problem and a lack of identity that Q has failed to install. However, it seems like there are players in the locker room that are not fully invested like they should be. Grady said something very similar a few weeks ago too. 

It's a collective issue and not just one thing. Quinn seems like a great guy and he knows what he wants coming out of the draft. However, I think there are too many athletes and "talents" in that locker room and not enough football players that have the want and desire. Beasley is an example I can think of. Look at the Patriots. They don't need a bunch of big names and track stars to make their team go year after year.

Julio displayed a sign of veteran leadership which is underrated by some on this board. We need more of that but I think this team with the exception of a few players, is too far gone. 

I think our C/T scale is broken or not calibrated right.

... this from a guy who signed a huge front loaded contract, and then refusing to attend OTAs and threatened to hold out a couple of years later when he wanted more money.

Julio should be a team leader, but set a horrible example for others, created a huge distraction and risked jeopardising a season where it looked like we had a decent chance to make history by winning a SB in our own stadium. 

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

One source told Klein they believed the three were tired of answering for questions for other teammates who are “not all in.”

I wouldn't want to either

Cut every single one today! fk the draft picks we burned on them and their contract. The sooner they get the **** out the better

There’s obviously clear factions in the dressing room from the players that’s thee only way I can explain anything that’s going on with this team right now.Haves and the have nots.

Now wheather the first mentioned aren’t communicating with the rest of the locker room or there just playing ducks n drakes in the media who knows.

Coaches have obviously lost control behind the scenes and there are bigger issues than are being talked about.

40 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

A boss makes or break performance even in that corporate setting. A bad boss is the reason people do poorly or leave jobs almost every time. Good bosses allow people to thrive. At every level. 

Yea we're not talking good or bad bosses. We're talking motivation.

And in this instance for all intents and purposes the players don't consider him a bad boss.

35 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

What do you mean he is a snake?

I mean I think he should be gone, long gone! Do I am not here to argue about him at all! But you know us ladies love the gossip!

Think about this:

The guy says, "I'm taking over the defense" at the beginning of the year. Now he says, "My defensive assistants have been calling the plays for the last few weeks". 

This is a problem twofold. First, are these assistants equal to "Grad assistants" in college football? The lowest of the low positions. Cause he couldnt say defensive coordinators, cause that's him. Second, who are these assistants and why are they calling plays that you said at the beginning of the year that you would be calling? 

Why is he deflecting how bad his defense is on some "Defensive Assistants"? 

That's a snake move.

BamaBirdLady likes this

12 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Think about this:

The guy says, "I'm taking over the defense" at the beginning of the year. Now he says, "My defensive assistants have been calling the plays for the last few weeks". 

This is a problem twofold. First, are these assistants equal to "Grad assistants" in college football? The lowest of the low positions. Cause he couldnt say defensive coordinators, cause that's him. Second, who are these assistants and why are they calling plays that you said at the beginning of the year that you would be calling? 

Why is he deflecting how bad his defense is on some "Defensive Assistants"? 

That's a snake move.

Got it. I must have missed where he said that the assistants were calling plays. I kind of turned him off sometime ago.

Yea that is a snake move! Never seen a true leader do that.

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

My thing is they weren’t lazy nor lo-energy in the Eagles game. Also it seems like several games we played one decent half per game.  The first half of the Texans game and the second half of the Cards.  I just think we ran up into a superior team in the Colts. 

It seems like we can turn our play on with a switch. 

Fools need to be switching then.

VTCrunkler likes this