Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
since68andcounting

"Sanu is the only player in the Top 10 producing more than his contract value."

44 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol he is 4th in receiving while getting paid like WR2. How’s that for value? There is a reason NE traded for him, he will be used more than what Falcons were doing. It’s not a knock on Sanu, just that Falcons have other options.  

How are you defining the value? It’s just silly article with no stats to back up.

My guess is the statement is based on PFF grading weighted vs salary at the position they play.

You want stats? How's this?

"Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will consume 27% of their cap in 2020. Steve Young and Jerry Rice set the Super Bowl record for a champion’s Top 2 cap expenses at 21.84% in 1994. Young’s cap hit of 13.1% is the highest cap hit for any Super Bowl champion in the 25 seasons of the salary cap era."

Are Ryan and Julio as good as Young and Rice? I think not.

Just now, since68andcounting said:

My guess is the statement is based on PFF grading weighted vs salary at the position they play.

You want stats? How's this?

"Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will consume 27% of their cap in 2020. Steve Young and Jerry Rice set the Super Bowl record for a champion’s Top 2 cap expenses at 21.84% in 1994. Young’s cap hit of 13.1% is the highest cap hit for any Super Bowl champion in the 25 seasons of the salary cap era."

Are Ryan and Julio as good as Young and Rice? I think not.

Ok, so the whole post is a big guess..

We are not in 1994, why only compare to an SB champion. It's called cherry-picking stats to support your opinion. Last I checked this is a 1-6 team, won't even make playoffs let alone SB. Ryan accounts for more than 90% of our scoring, Julio is the leading WR on the team. Yes, that's the value and both are getting paid proportionate to the market value. Now if both were underachieving, you have a point. 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

I know its sucks and hes a great player ,  But really he is the only player that would bring great value to another team.   Julio Jones is great but nobody is taking over that crazy contract for a WR passed his prime.  Same with Matt Ryan.  I think Freeman may still have some value on a good team ,  I think its time to trade Freeman.  Vic is going to get cut  his value is poor.  nobody is spending money on him.   Now is the time for a fresh new look ,,  New GM New Coach  New (aka the old) Logo and uniform . 

46 minutes ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

I know its sucks and hes a great player ,  But really he is the only player that would bring great value to another team.   Julio Jones is great but nobody is taking over that crazy contract for a WR passed his prime.  Same with Matt Ryan.  I think Freeman may still have some value on a good team ,  I think its time to trade Freeman.  Vic is going to get cut  his value is poor.  nobody is spending money on him.   Now is the time for a fresh new look ,,  New GM New Coach  New (aka the old) Logo and uniform . 

Good post.

Ohio Dirty Bird likes this

No, this team is not fun.  The sheer magnitude of frustration is unbearable with this continuous ****.show...

Nobody should be put through as much anger & frustration as what our fans have been forced to endure.  

I have backed away from it emotionally. More out of a desire to keep a healthy mindset.  Because every time I’ve hung onto hope that we’re going to be competitive, our coaching staff gets embarrassed & out-smarted so badly that it’s useless to continue watching with any amount of hope.

Amazingly, the Falcons will have to implement yet ANOTHER regime change with MR at the helm.  Meanwhile, there are teams like the Saints who haven’t required any regime changes whatsoever.

Please, for the love of football, get us some brilliant coaches for our future. We’ll be starting anew once again.

4 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

Did you read the article? Sanu is OUTPERFORMING what we are paying him even as a #2

It's an opinion piece. The person who wrote the article believes only Sanu is outperforming their contract. It isn't grounded in anything, that's why you don't see any kind of even loosely statistical analysis.

Nah Sanu was actually not producing relative to his contract. It was nothing egregious, he was making more than he brought to the table but he wasn’t a complete bust or anything

ofc then there’s people like OP who have no clue about that

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Sanu was number 3 WR getting paid like a Number 2 WR. I loved the guy for all the qualities and hope he gets a ring.

Definitely good value getting a 2nd pick for him. 

Then there was that trade swapping our 6th for who? We just threw away a pick that will be about the same as a compensatory 5th. That one is a head-scratcher!

falcons007 likes this

4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Definitely good value getting a 2nd pick for him. 

Then there was that trade swapping our 6th for who? We just threw away a pick that will be about the same as a compensatory 5th. That one is a head-scratcher!

Pats got a great player. He deserves all the success. 

Cheap Talk likes this

5 hours ago, thanat0s said:

It's nothing but fake stats designed to rope in and occupy fantasy fan boys long enough to sell product. 

Dumb. 

If you think analytics are fake stats than you have no idea what analytics actually are or how teams use them.  

Normal stats say Ryan threw an interception on Sunday.  Analytics tell you Ryan threw a positive throw and Sanu is at fault for tipping the ball to a defender.  Which tells the true story?  

Are there BS analytics?  Yes.  But it’s how you use them and use it to help in decision making, not an end all be all.

50 minutes ago, rings639 said:

If you think analytics are fake stats than you have no idea what analytics actually are or how teams use them.  

Normal stats say Ryan threw an interception on Sunday.  Analytics tell you Ryan threw a positive throw and Sanu is at fault for tipping the ball to a defender.  Which tells the true story?  

Are there BS analytics?  Yes.  But it’s how you use them and use it to help in decision making, not an end all be all.

You know what else told me that? My eyes and a functioning brain.

2 hours ago, thanat0s said:

You know what else told me that? My eyes and a functioning brain.

That’s the entire point of analytics.  Do you think scouts and coaches actually watch every snap for every player from every game?

8 hours ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

I'm glad you aren't a GM, because your takes are really bad. GM's would line up for Ryan & Julio.  GM's wouldn't trade a bag of chips for Freeman, and Vic has value because he is an athlete who some coach will think can fit their system.

rings639 and Ohio Dirty Bird like this

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

You post a lot for a guy that's done after 50 years

Actually coughed up my drink when I read this.  Well played.  Haha.

UnrealfalcoN likes this

17 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'm glad you aren't a GM, because your takes are really bad. GM's would line up for Ryan & Julio.  GM's wouldn't trade a bag of chips for Freeman, and Vic has value because he is an athlete who some coach will think can fit their system.

If I was the GM I would have fired DQ after the Super Bowl bust     **** right  maybe I shouldn't talk GM stuff  lol  I would prob fire everyone I was so mad  

Boise Falcon Fan likes this