Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, history shows that Blank hiring a new coach was the right call. 3 of his 4 head coaches got to the NFCCG at a minimum. The only one who didn’t had his star QB arrested. I get the frustrations, but

With the Sanu trade, it’s obvious there will be no “tweaking” to get back to competitive.  In Home Depot fashion, this will, be an HGTV type of remake with entire walls demolished and a new floor plan

The time for tweaking isn’t week 8.  By then you are who you are.  Unfortunately we are such a mangled wreck that I have no clue what we are.  But it ain’t a quality football team

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Wasn’t talking about Reeves. Blank inherited him.

Blank hired Mora, Petrino, Smitty, and Quinn. 3 of those 4 went to the NFCCG

Yeah I just saw that right before you replied. Petrino was only here half a year right? That’s in the back burner of my memory. It’s hard for me to count him even tho Blank hired him cause it didn’t even feel like a full year or multiple years like Jim Mora, Mike Smith, and Dan Quinn. I’ll always believe that Mike Smith was the best of the 3, but those 3 had so many similarities despite their big differences. 

Edited by mqg96
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Eh, history shows that Blank hiring a new coach was the right call. 3 of his 4 head coaches got to the NFCCG at a minimum. The only one who didn’t had his star QB arrested. I get the frustrations, but I disagree with the cynical approach. Team could be good again next season

Agree. I'm predicting at least an 8-game turnaround by just firing Quinn. The addition of a really good HC could up that total to 10 or 12 games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

If you look at it we over achieved in 2017 getting to the playoffs 2018 was a disaster people look at 7-9 but forget we were 1-4 with red zone issues won 3 strait against trash teams then lost 5 in a row we the ones who made Baker Mayfield “dangerous”

And that is when the streak of making every quarterback look like Joe Montangna!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

That is a VERY TRUE statement! We completely changed directions after that game, which was the absolutely wrong thing to do. 

Again, this "let's copycat someone else" is an absolutely brain-dead philosophy, and that's either on TD or Blank. By the time you can implement that, everyone has figured it out, and then you're starting all over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Yeah I just saw that right before you replied. Petrino was only here half a year right? That’s in the back burner of my memory. It’s hard for me to count him even tho Blank hired him cause it didn’t even feel like a full year or multiple years like Jim Mora, Mike Smith, and Dan Quinn. I’ll always believe that Mike Smith was the best of the 3, but those 3 had so many similarities despite their big differences. 

Petrino certainly did quit on the team. But at the same time, he lost the reason why he came to the team in the first place...one has to wonder what he could have done with Vick 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Again, this "let's copycat someone else" is an absolutely brain-dead philosophy, and that's either on TD or Blank. By the time you can implement that, everyone has figured it out, and then you're starting all over again.

Man, there are a lot of good points coming out this morning. 
 

I have always said, just do your own thing because you are the best one at doing that, in fact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...