Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichardCNile

And so it begins

63 posts in this topic

With the Sanu trade, it’s obvious there will be no “tweaking” to get back to competitive.  In Home Depot fashion, this will, be an HGTV type of remake with entire walls demolished and a new floor plan put in place with possible playroom or office combo built into the attic.  

athletes say, they don’t know even it will end until one day it’s ended.   For this team and we as fans, today is that day.  

Our SB window opened and shut over a span of only a few weeks from late December 2016 to early feb 2017.  The last 2 years, plus this year and likely next year will be remembered as the “lost years.”   So much potential, yet most if it unrealized.   A million “what if’s” will he posed about the coaches we could have kept, added, replaced, but it’s all just commentary and fruitless.  

This organization has not succeeded and that goes to the top.  The coaching choices from Jim Mora, Patrino, smitty and now DQ.  The only question now is who will be the next short lived and ineffective HC?   Who will be the next Corp clown we have as GM?  Because that’s the history and that’s a good predictor if the future.   

Sometimes an HGTV makeover just doesn’t get you the value you want.  Sometimes you are better off just bulldozing and starting over on freshly churned ground.  TD, McKay and others are equally to blame for all of this.  Until we get a real football man in the front office, we will see the same.  We need someone who has spent some time in the trenches,  someone who’s worn a jockstrap to 2-A-days in the 98 degree heat.  Not someone who rides his bike to get his hair done and to buy a new pair of shoes to match his new glasses.   We need someone who can look a a foo all player and realize that he may look like Tarzan, but he’s gonna play like Jane (Beasley).  Someone who knows football players are built from the ground up and teams are built from the trenches outward.   

we know it’s over, can we learn and correct?  

So disappointed. I'm not even looking forward to next season....    such wasted talent from the rookies all the way to Matt Ryan.     TD and Quinn... completely dropped the ball on this roster..   :bang:

Edited by falconfanEST1989

I don't blame Arthur for the Quinn hire or retaining TD.

He was humble enough to take himself entirely out of the process with the search firm, and Quinn had a great reputation around the league with results in Seattle to back it up.

It was Quinn who chose to keep TD, and their second draft together may have been our best ever.

I do hope he understands now that a high-powered offense is something you must own not rent in the modern NFL, and our next HC should be an O.C. with a record of getting production out of lesser talent. I expect our talent on offense to decline gradually as we focus entirely on the major holes we have at every level of our defense.

14 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

I don't blame Arthur for the Quinn hire or retaining TD.

He was humble enough to take himself entirely out of the process with the search firm, and Quinn had a great reputation around the league with results in Seattle to back it up.

It was Quinn who chose to keep TD, and their second draft together may have been our best ever.

I do hope he understands now that a high-powered offense is something you must own not rent in the modern NFL, and our next HC should be an O.C. with a record of getting production out of lesser talent. I expect our talent on offense to decline gradually as we focus entirely on the major holes we have at every level of our defense.

Yes Blank Hired a firm, but if I do recall, Quinn was still his favorite and he did voice that.

Not saying it was a bad hire at the time, just saying that he wasn’t entirely out of it either.

21 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

So disappointed. I'm now even looking forward to next season....    such wasted talent from the rookies all the way to Matt Ryan.     TD and Quinn... completely dropped the ball on this roster..   :bang:

I honestly can’t even say I am looking forward to next season either. 

rogueleadersf likes this

The Sanu trade tells me that someone in FO is already looking to 2020 and we're rebuilding.  I've said that I don't feel one way or the other about TD, but from him down, I am good with pink slips save for maybe holding onto Morris and Ulbrich for a little continuity.  I finally feel like an interim coach might be somewhat interesting even if it does not benefit 2020 forward.

CADirtyBird and JDaveG like this

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Eh, history shows that Blank hiring a new coach was the right call. 3 of his 4 head coaches got to the NFCCG at a minimum. The only one who didn’t had his star QB arrested. I get the frustrations, but I disagree with the cynical approach. Team could be good again next season

True this. My only problem with Blank's Decisions are that he's trying to do Franchise Leaders Moves with normal Head Coaches. We need the Belichick, Holmgren, Walsh, and Dungy type of coach. One that can build effective Coordinators to run their systems. There is no way in the world that we should be trying to run Shanahan's System without him. Sark and Dirk went into traps. Matt Ryan has done so well with multiple OCs that they've overlooked everything else.k

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Time to go candidates: McKay, TD, Quinn, whole scouting department, Whole defense minus D. Jones, Grace, and Jarrett. On offense bounce Jake Matthews, Freeman, Julio (if you get a first round pick back), Hardy.

3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Time to go candidates: McKay, TD, Quinn, whole scouting department, Whole defense minus D. Jones, Grace, and Jarrett. On offense bounce Jake Matthews, Freeman, Julio (if you get a first round pick back), Hardy.

If Ramsey is worth 2 1st toundets and a 4th, look for Julio to be worth more.

Refried Beans likes this

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

True this. My only problem with Blank's Decisions are that he's trying to do Franchise Leaders Moves with normal Head Coaches. We need the Belichick, Holmgren, Walsh, and Dungy type of coach. One that can build effective Coordinators to run their systems. There is no way in the world that we should be trying to run Shanahan's System without him. Sark and Dirk went into traps. Matt Ryan has done so well with multiple OCs that they've overlooked everything else.k

Yea I suppose looking back, Quinn did get a lot of power for a 1st time head coach. That does seem weird now that you look at it. Still, I feel pretty confident that whoever is brought in will likely have at least 1-2 good to potentially great seasons

Faithful Falcon likes this

I don't see how someone like Quinn who was a D line coach his entire career flopped so bad on bringing in d linemen in the draft, outside of Jarrett, everyone one of his d line picks are 2nd and 3rd string material. BUt this also shows how poor Falcons scouting and evaluation staff is. I hope outside of starting to cut bait with some of these players we are also cutting bait with some front office people. I would like to see Blank doing this as well. Not fair to always fire coaches and keep same deadbeats employed in front office.

18 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I honestly can’t even say I am looking forward to next season either. 

That's why I am convinced that now is the time to start accumulating some of that dead cap.  Load up on draft picks to groom in 2020, come into 2021 a whole new franchise.

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I don't see how someone like Quinn who was a D line coach his entire career flopped so bad on bringing in d linemen in the draft, outside of Jarrett, everyone one of his d line picks are 2nd and 3rd string material. BUt this also shows how poor Falcons scouting and evaluation staff is. I hope outside of starting to cut bait with some of these players we are also cutting bait with some front office people. I would like to see Blank doing this as well. Not fair to always fire coaches and keep same deadbeats employed in front office.

Situational Drafts. We screwed up so much in the past, we were forced to draft guys like Beasley and Matthews. Remember the year Green Bay and Rodgers won the Super Bowl? They blew us out in the playoffs. We couldn't stop anything. The only stop we had was on a fumble, and it was going to be a big play. Instead of TD building the defense, he thought that it would be better to improve the Offense. Skilled Player Wise though. He the. Proceeds to trade the draft away to get Julio.

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If Ramsey is worth 2 1st toundets and a 4th, look for Julio to be worth more.

I would go right after Jacksonville too. They have these extra picks, and they're still in there.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Situational Drafts. We screwed up so much in the past, we were forced to draft guys like Beasley and Matthews. Remember the year Green Bay and Rodgers won the Super Bowl? They blew us out in the playoffs. We couldn't stop anything. The only stop we had was on a fumble, and it was going to be a big play. Instead of TD building the defense, he thought that it would be better to improve the Offense. Skilled Player Wise though. He the. Proceeds to trade the draft away to get Julio.

That playoff game in 2010 is what doomed Smitty.  We immediately stopped building our core and started plugging holes like an overzealous cam girl (or guy if your into that, lol).

3 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

That's why I am convinced that now is the time to start accumulating some of that dead cap.  Load up on draft picks to groom in 2020, come into 2021 a whole new franchise.

Could be a good time to bring in a new GM for this job. 

SirCzah and Refried Beans like this

1 minute ago, SirCzah said:

That playoff game in 2010 is what doomed Smitty.  We immediately stopped building our core and started plugging holes like an overzealous cam girl (or guy if your into that, lol).

That is a VERY TRUE statement! We completely changed directions after that game, which was the absolutely wrong thing to do.