We traded Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick

1 minute ago, vel said:

Man I love this move. Hate seeing him go. Bean Talk was fun. A big part of this team. But it was realistic he was being let go in the offseason. To get a second rounder is legit a steal. 

It's only a steal if the second pick is legit. Time will tell. But yeah, hope is all Falcon fans really ever have.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a very good trade for both teams.  Go get a ring, Sanu

Go get that Ring, Mo. Happy for him.   (better value than expected, but he will be missed. Massively. On and off the field.)

2 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I live in the Cincy area. They do not care for Dalton much here at all. I just don't see them sticking with Dalton with that high of a pick again. I think Ryan Finley will take over the QB job soon if they don't start winning.

If they start winning then they will not have a top pick, if they don't start winning they will be looking for a QB along with the Dolphins. Unless the Falcons start winning themselves they should have a top option for any player besides QB they want. Only other teams that could ruin that is the Redskins or Jets. 

Forgot about the Jets.  They play a 3-4 scheme though.  I just don’t see Chase being an OLB.  He’s a hand in the ground kind of guy, but they’d be fools to pass on Chase if given the opportunity.  That would be another playmaker to go with Adams and Quinnen. 

19 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Can’t lie, this one hurts a bit. But I’m happy for Sanu, now he has another real shot at winning a SB. At least now there’s someone to root for on the Pats. He’ll be missed. Will always be a Falcon in my eyes. 

You said everything I came to say. I'd only add that now, I dislike Quinn even more and can hardly wait to see him humiliated.

I SINCERELY hope he's not fired until Black Monday and that we don't win another game. I want him to stand up there every single week and tap dance around direct questions. I want him to be so radioactive when he's fired until he can only coach golf.

Man you took the words out of my mouth lol. Now this kinda makes football a little more interesting. A dog in the fight is what we call it. It would be bittersweet seeing mo get a ring with another team but it may be fun following a winning team a bit more closely just to get a hint of what thats like. I love my falcons but it has not been easy watching them. I hope we go all in on defense and arthur refuses to waste grady jarretts career by surrounding him with bad schemes or low grade talent. 

23 minutes ago, thamill said:

Me too.  He was the 4th option behind Jones, Hooper, and Ridley.  Realistically since its the Pats its more like an early 3 but still a HUGE value for us. 

I thought we could get a 5th... maybe a 4th..... 

We need to start rebuilding the d...  having 3 picks in the top 60 is good... keep it going

11 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Forgot about the Jets.  They play a 3-4 scheme though.  I just don’t see Chase being an OLB.  He’s a hand in the ground kind of guy, but they’d be fools to pass on Chase if given the opportunity.  That would be another playmaker to go with Adams and Quinnen. 

The Jets liked Ed Oliver as an OLB in their 3-4. They're that dumb.

36 minutes ago, etherdome said:

The Pats are probably going to win the SB, so the second round pick has the same value as an early 3rd rounder.  

Sanu is not obsolete, but I get what you mean.  

A late second has more value than a early 3rd no matter how you slice and dice it.  Even if it's 5 spots, still more value.

Like I'm legitimately sad..I know it helps the team..i know its gonna help pay Hooper..I know its gonna open up snaps for other guys..but I'm my heart is sad..I just woke up to this..but good luck agent 12 our chase for a ring is over but yours now is just beginning..wish we could have got you one dawg.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Hate it from a fan perspective.  Love it from a business perspective.

Best of luck Mo, you were one of my favorites from day 1.  I will miss you in black and red.

Well said.  Pretty much sums up any Falcons fan feelings on the trade.  You hate it but it was the right move for all parties.  

You could argue the Patriots were a tad overzealous and overpaid.  They certainly could win without Sanu.  But in cold weather games in January, his value will be felt.  In the run game, too.  

Belichick has had a man-crush on Sanu since his Rutgers days.  He wanted him in 2016 but we outbid him.  Sanu is his kind of receiver, and he finally got his man.