Since1990

We traded Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick

328 posts in this topic

Can’t lie, this one hurts a bit. But I’m happy for Sanu, now he has another real shot at winning a SB. At least now there’s someone to root for on the Pats. He’ll be missed. Will always be a Falcon in my eyes. 

SoldMySoul and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Looks like good ammo to jump around in the draft. Trade back with first, then trade up with 2nds. 

We need the DE from Ohio State to finally properly address the pass rush issue.  We need to take him at the top of round 1.  Do NOT trade back in 1.  We need a playmaker on the edge. 

atljbo, Schwarzwald and Ovie_Lover like this

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

The dogging of Ryan is what is idiotic. 

I know we love Matt but to a non falcons fan he is not looked at as a star like Rogers Brees Brady Wilson even now Mahomes ... Julio is a top 10 player every year on NFL 100 and Ryan’s wrap outside of the fan base fair or not is a guy go doesn’t win the big games just saying 

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

I'm still shocked we got a 2nd rounder

Me too.  He was the 4th option behind Jones, Hooper, and Ridley.  Realistically since its the Pats its more like an early 3 but still a HUGE value for us. 

Schwarzwald likes this

10 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I am curious who they are going to cut also. They already have Gordon and Dorsett. Plus a young potential guy in Jakobi Meyers to go along with Sanu and Edelman. So I am thinking they might need to let go of either Gordon or Dorsett.

Would not surprise me if one of the guys mentioned is slacking off on route running or missing blocks. BB is ruthless when it comes to getting personnel to do their job. Sanu is someone he can absolutely count on.

3 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:
  • Russell Gage will take over for Sanu in Atlanta moving forward, while either Phillip Dorsett or Josh Gordon (pending the severity of his ankle injury) are now on the outside looking in with the Patriots.

Oct 22, 2019, 8:39 AM ET

•  

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d take a gander at Gordon. 

4LoveoftheGame likes this

1 hour ago, gHost83 said:

Nice return.  Matthews needs to be next.  If the Texans gave up 2 firsts for Tunsil, then Matthews may garner more.  His cap hit balloons from 8 mill to 17 next year.

Wow.  Could you imagine some team giving up two firsts for Matthews?  That would be amazing!

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

We need these picks for Chase Young trade up :ninja:

Pretty sure we wont need to trade up for him, dolphins will take tua and well get him at #2

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Pretty sure we wont need to trade up for him, dolphins will take tua and well get him at #2

I'm still predicting some late season wins for the sake of "ending the season on a high note".

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

22 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

We don’t need any of them. Between Gage and Blake, I think we will get a solid WR3. It’s going to be impossible to replace Sanu outright, but Gage has made some fantastic catches with the little reps he’s got.

This, between Ridley, Hooper, Gage, Blake, Zaccheaus, Graham etc., we have enough receiving options behind Julio.

Fix the defense and get Lindstrom healthy. Plan for Mack’s replacement 

We let Beasley and Campbell walk if we can’t trade them. Hopefully, we can move Trufant and Sheffield is the real deal.

A-TowN.- likes this

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

With Tua being undersized I can see Burrow going #1

cincy should pick a QB but they may stick it out with Dalton...possibly making Chase an option for them.

Washington needs a LT with Trent Williams wanting out

We could possibly land at 4 and have a shot at Chase without having to trade up. 

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I'm still predicted some late season wins for the sake of "ending the season on a high note".

I think we finish with 2 wins :( along with the Bengals and Dolphins.  Both those teams could be looking for a QB unless the Bengals put in Ryan Finley and he impresses, but then they would probably end up with more than 2 wins then. 

2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

cincy should pick a QB but they may stick it out with Dalton...possibly making Chase an option for them.

We could possibly land at 4 and have a shot at Chase without having to trade up. 

I wasn’t even considering the bengals being a team that’d take Young until you mentioned it. Even though they have some good DEs, Dunlap is getting older and Carl Lawson keeps getting hurt. Young is also at Ohio State. If they don’t take a QB, then it’s probably Young. Either that or whoever the top OT prospect is at the time.

12 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I live in the Cincy area. They do not care for Dalton much here at all. I just don't see them sticking with Dalton with that high of a pick again. I think Ryan Finley will take over the QB job soon if they don't start winning.

If they start winning then they will not have a top pick, if they don't start winning they will be looking for a QB along with the Dolphins. Unless the Falcons start winning themselves they should have a top option for any player besides QB they want. Only other teams that could ruin that is the Redskins or Jets.

I think the Redskins end up with 4 wins and the Jets maybe 5 wins (not so sure after last night though, but they still have the Dolphins twice).