Since1990

We traded Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick

328 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If you have Chase Young sitting there with our top 3 pick do you take him or move down? Thats tough. I know the logical thing to do is trade down for a good deal but man that guy is insane. I'm sick of no pass rush.

The only reason you wouldn't pick Chase Young up is that you're drafting a Franchise QB.

JDaveG likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

It may be a golden ticket to solve this salary cap dilemma. If the falcons end up with 6 draft picks in the top 3 rounds, and hit on 4 of them, this team suddenly has life with rookie contracts on 4 starters 

As much as I love Ryan, sometimes you have to strike when the opportunity presents itself.  If we end up top 3, we may draft a QB unless someone offers us a treasure trove to move off our top 3 spot

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. This is all about Hooper moving forward. Make it worth it Austin!

We are basically at that point of shifting more resources to the defense and becoming an offense more like the Saints.

More trades to come or guys gonna be cut, or both. 

Yeah there have to be some serious decisions made with certain players being cut.  I just hope that DQ and this staff are gone as well!  It’s truly time for a fresh start.  Can’t continue to waste guys like Matt and Julio without winning a championship!!

Schwarzwald likes this

21 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Let's pray that Mark Davis has some sort of trait from his father.

He hasn't shown any relation to his father other than last name alone so far, but that can tend to start creeping up on you as you get older lol.

true

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s not a terrible idea.  Is it a need?  Not yet.  But the opportunity to be in the top 3 without wasting multiple drafts to move up is rare.  Ryan would still get a 1st & 2nd in return 

For Christ sake. We cannot cut or trade Matt Ryan due to the amount of dead money such a move would create for us. Let go of this pipe dream this isn’t madden

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It may be a golden ticket to solve this salary cap dilemma. If the falcons end up with 6 draft picks in the top 3 rounds, and hit on 4 of them, this team suddenly has life with rookie contracts on 4 starters 

If you can build around Brees late 30s and Brady age 40, there is no reason the Falcons can’t do the same. 

Hope this is the start of  complete tear down, get VB and Tak out now, trade Julio to Oakland. Time to pull a Miami and clean the slate for the next head coach, Team President/GM. Trade VB and Julio to Oakland for some first round picks. Let's go!

Edited by Refried Beans

Just now, shockerfalcon said:

For Christ sake. We cannot cut or trade Matt Ryan due to the amount of dead money such a move would create for us. Let go of this pipe dream this isn’t madden

You could keep Ryan one more year and then cut him to save 1,000,000 on the CAP.  But you’d trade him of course

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The only reason you wouldn't pick Chase Young up is that you're drafting a Franchise QB.

Depends on how far we move down. Dropping 1 or 2 spots could give us the extra picks without losing out on Young. Depends on the needs of the other teams

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Looks legit. A second rounder is a really good return for Sanu.

With the Pats we are basically getting the top pick in the 3rd round.

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The Falcons will likely do what they did this year with Ryan and Matthews:

restructure to convert money and free up cap space. It will hurt the future years but 2020 is the really bad year we have to get past. 

There is lot of dead weight I would get rid off before coming to Jake Mathews. It will depend on who they hire as HC, an offensive minded or defensive minded guy. 

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Next up: Devonta Freeman, Alex Mack, Vic Beasley, Takk McKinnley, DeVondre Campbell, Ricardo Allen, Keanu Neal

Blow this puppy up. Even if you only get a 6th for someone like Devonta or Vic, Take it!

Neal is untradeable at this point.

I love Sanu, but I still can't root for the Patriots. The playoffs are a sure thing for them, but I will be rooting for a first playoff game upset against them which would give our Falcons a little bit of a higher pick also.

ratesforless likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You could keep Ryan one more year and then cut him to save 1,000,000 on the CAP.  But you’d trade him of course

We’d save a million but still create almost $30 million in dead money. 

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

As much as I love Ryan, sometimes you have to strike when the opportunity presents itself.  If we end up top 3, we may draft a QB unless someone offers us a treasure trove to move off our top 3 spot

There’s lots of enticing opportunities there...Young would instantly make this defense better. Actually drafting Tua or Herbert is also a possibility. Although I’d be pretty shocked. Not mad, but shocked. Ryan is under contract for 4 more seasons after this year.  And the treasure trove you speak of is a real possibility. If someone is willing to cough up a Kings ransom for one of those QB’s....you have to consider it

3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Can Falcons trade Jake "Who needs to work at State Farm" Matthews and not take a cap hit? If so get him out he blows.

It would cost 3 million to cut him next year.  It’s the dead money that stings, but with a CAP rising annually, teams are caring less and less about dead money.  If you decide to move off him, I’d trade him....he will get a 2nd in return.  

Refried Beans likes this

5 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Depends on how far we move down. Dropping 1 or 2 spots could give us the extra picks without losing out on Young. Depends on the needs of the other teams

You also have to look at what the situation is for teams in front of us. Who's drafting a QB? Miami has more ammo. Maybe Cincinnati? Chase Young could be priority for those guys as well.

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

All I see on Facebook and Twitter is "the Falcons are stupid for trading him". I aint even gonna try to point out the ways that this isn't stupid because a huge chunk of them mostly type without knowledge

Atlantabirdgang on FB is the worst. Never seen that amount of ignorance in one place before.

ya_boi_j likes this