Since1990

We traded Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick

328 posts in this topic

That's a nice return even though it will probably be pick 63 or 64. 

He is one of my favorite players on this team but the season is lost and he was going to be a cap casualty next year anyway, so need to get something for him. I wish Sanu the best in NE.

rogueleadersf likes this

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I am guessing you don't know how dead cap and guaranteed money works huh?

Jake is not going anywhere.

How much are we on the hook if we trade him?

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Good.  Keep stacking those top 96 picks.  We need quality depth, not more superstars (though drafting one organically is sweet).  No trade ups, TD.  I’m cool with trade downs in any and every round

If you have Chase Young sitting there with our top 3 pick do you take him or move down? Thats tough. I know the logical thing to do is trade down for a good deal but man that guy is insane. I'm sick of no pass rush.

If you have Chase Young sitting there with our top 3 pick do you take him or move down? Thats tough. I know the logical thing to do is trade down for a good deal but man that guy is insane. I'm sick of no pass rush.

I feel you...

But we need to stay put or move down.  I’m not moving up unless it’s for our next franchise QB in a few years.  6 of 9 years TD has used a 2nd or 3rd as draft capital to move up.  

Schwarzwald and JDaveG like this

If Young is a sure thing, why risk another McKinley or Beasley? 

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Good.  Keep stacking those top 96 picks.  We need quality depth, not more superstars (though drafting one organically is sweet).  No trade ups, TD.  I’m cool with trade downs in any and every round

If we have a top 3 pick, I’d seriously consider dangling the Tua or Herbert card to the highest bidder. Could net us 4-5 more draft picks. Chase young would be nice. But 2 more 1st’s and 2 more 2nd’s would be nice too...especially with this current cap situation

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You don’t trade your franchise LT. It’s not an easy replacement. This team should plug the gaps and not create new ones.

The Falcons will likely do what they did this year with Ryan and Matthews:

Restructure to convert money and free up cap space. It will hurt the future years but 2020 is the really bad year we have to get past. 

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yep which helps tremendously with Hooper being next in line!

Yep. This is all about Hooper moving forward. Make it worth it Austin!

We are basically at that point of shifting more resources to the defense and becoming an offense more like the Saints.

More trades to come or guys gonna be cut, or both. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The Falcons will likely do what they did this year with Ryan and Matthews:

restructure to convert money and free up cap space. It will hurt the future years but 2020 is the really bad year we have to get past. 

Idk I think we take our lumps in 2020. 2021 should be the target goal to be contending again.

This year and 2020 should be the years used to get rid of bad contracts, eat dead money, etc. Don't push back bad contracts even further.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If we have a top 3 pick, I’d seriously consider dangling the Tua or Herbert card to the highest bidder. Could next us 4-5 more day 1 picks. 

It’s not a terrible idea.  Is it a need?  Not yet.  But the opportunity to be in the top 3 without wasting multiple drafts to move up is rare.  Ryan would still get a 1st & 2nd in return 

Schwarzwald likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I feel you...

But we need to stay put or move down.  I’m not moving up unless it’s for our next franchise QB in a few years.  6 of 9 years TD has used a 2nd or 3rd as draft capital to move up.  

We simply can’t afford to move up.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s not a terrible idea.  Is it a need?  Not yet.  But the opportunity to be in the top 3 without wasting multiple drafts to move up is rare.  Ryan would still get a 1st & 2nd in return 

It may be a golden ticket to solve this salary cap dilemma. If the falcons end up with 6 draft picks in the top 3 rounds, and hit on 4 of them, this team suddenly has life with rookie contracts on 4 starters. You could trim the fat on bad contracts like Trufant and still contend 

Idk I think we take our lumps in 2020. 2021 should be the target goal to be contending again.

This year and 2020 should be the years used to get rid of bad contracts, eat dead money, etc. Don't push back bad contracts even further.

Just saying it was an option, and I actually believe the right coaching staff can get way more out of the roster that is on contract. Agreed on letting guys like Trufant go but Matthews is not moving.