Since1990

We traded Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick

328 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

Wife is a die hard Pats fan. Her Pats yard flag hangs next to my Falcons flag. She does have good taste. :rolleyes:

If you're hanging NFL flags in your yard, I'd have to question your taste.

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

If you're hanging NFL flags in your yard, I'd have to question your taste.

Actually hanging off the eave on my front porch.

Do the Pats have multiple 2nd round picks? If so, which one are the Falcons getting?

I just assumed the Pats have more than one 2nd rounder because they usually do.

Good for Sanu. He will get him a ring. Good pick for us. But typical Falcons, done it *** backwards. Should've traded Julio back in the off-season and kept Sanu. We'll continue the broken teams with huge holes so all the highlight watchers can be happy.

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Good for Sanu. He will get him a ring. Good pick for us. But typical Falcons, done it *** backwards. Should've traded Julio back in the off-season and kept Sanu. We'll continue the broken teams with huge holes so all the highlight watchers can be happy.

I can’t agree man Julio is a lifer unless we just totally suck ... like Bengals suck we need someone to be the face of our team cause it’s not Matt sadly Julio all we really have in terms of a true STAR

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Do the Pats have multiple 2nd round picks? If so, which one are the Falcons getting?

I just assumed the Pats have more than one 2nd rounder because they usually do.

Chess, not checkers

“It's pretty early to be looking ahead to the 2020 NFL Draft, but the Patriots do have an impressive stockpile of picks coming up next year.

Here's a list of their 2020 picks at the moment:

First round
Second round
Third round
Third round (projected compensatory)
Third round (projected compensatory)
Fourth round
Fourth round pick (via Chicago Bears)
Sixth round
Sixth round (projected compensatory)
Sixth round (projected compensatory)
Seventh round
Seventh round (via Philadelphia Eagles)
Seventh round (via Atlanta Falcons)
Seventh round (via Seattle Seahawks)

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Im glad he's away from this dumpster fire of a team .... hooe he gets a ring and he helps the pats beat the saints in the superbowl 

Didn't see this coming, but glad the team is making moves.  You can't stay with this same bunch and expect different results.  I'm not saying Sanu is a problem, a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR that has never really been a big time target is a STEAL.  This will help us rebuild.  '16 was our year, '17 you had a small chance to rebound.  After '18 and now '19, this is going nowhere.  The quicker you turn around the quicker you can get back to being a competitive team.  Gauge has developed nicely and you want to see him on the field a little more.  Ridley was starting to be the forgotten man, but we know he is ready to be #2. 

8 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

I can’t agree man Julio is a lifer unless we just totally suck ... like Bengals suck we need someone to be the face of our team cause it’s not Matt sadly Julio all we really have in terms of a true STAR

The Falcons don't need Julio, they need alot of help in a bunch of other places. The money would have been better used to improve the team as a whole, plus the picks we would have acquired. Julio is a luxury we can't afford.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH
SoldMySoul likes this

18 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I’m officially a New England Patriot Fan! I’m going to Win a Championship this year after all! Yessss!!!

Congratulations!!!

Maybe we can trade Hoop to New Orleans and you can be a Saints fan, too.

Kend789, Plunket76 and ratesforless like this

5 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Actually hanging off the eave on my front porch.

I was kind of half kidding. I grew up in neighborhoods where you weren't allowed to do that kind of stuff, so I had a bias since my youth. Inside the house, my mom was into knick-knacks, so I loathe that stuff as well (fridge magnets are banned from my house). I just moved to the suburbs and am dreading the type of stuff the Christmas season will bring. Luckily, Halloween seems to not have brought too much yard crap to the street.

When I am just driving around the area and I see those giant inflatables in people's yards, I just want to die inside. They drive me insane.

Big_Dog likes this

Its been a long time since I've seen a trade that was this good for all 3 parties involved.  Wow.

I hate to see him go, Sanu's hands were great (yes, yes, I know the int this last game) and was a first down machine.  He has a great TD/pass ratio too lol.  How long until he throws a TD for the Pats?