Cole World

Ramsey on Julio

109 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

A forced fumble that completely changed the game. You can't deny that. A few good coverage and PD plays. I'm not saying julio didnt get his , he did but ramsey played well. 

He didn’t have a single PD yesterday

JDaveG, Ergo Proxy and Cole World like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caponine said:

I dont think Julio caught a pass in the 2nd half 

 

Julio still got 93 yards. That's not considered containing any WR in a head to head matchup.

 

I get Julio is Julio, but that's quite good for any WR against a CB who people claim is the best in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Julio still got 93 yards. That's not considered containing any WR in a head to head matchup.

 

I get Julio is Julio, but that's quite good for any WR against a CB who people claim is the best in football.

In 2007 when Revis one of the leagues best corner in nfl history played Moss and contained him for 79 yards, that was the gameplan. Sometimes the gameplan is not to totally take someone out but limit them enough that they dont make a huge impact 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caponine said:

Sorry but I respectfully disagree , Who doesnt though ?? Every elite cb needs a pass rush but that doesn't mean they cant get it done themselves. He's very physical, julio seemed bothered by him at some points. He swatted at him and pushed him away 

Lol dude when people were saying the Falcons should trade for him I posted numerous videos of him guarding elites showing how he gets bailed. You literally either saw him give up a pass, get help over top, bad throw by the qb or an occasional knockdown. He labels himself a shutdown corner because he will trail the #1 and you guys really take that and run with it without looking at more footage than an occasional highlight on sports center or NFL network. That’s not how true shutdown corners perform. 

Cole World and ok_falcons_fan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caponine said:

In 2007 when Revis one of the leagues best corner in nfl history played Moss and contained him for 79 yards, that was the gameplan. Sometimes the gameplan is not to totally take someone out but limit them enough that they dont make a huge impact 

Ramsey isn’t the reason why though dude. My goodness lmao. You guys can have this for tonight. This is ridiculous :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol dude when people were saying the Falcons should trade for him I posted numerous videos of him guarding elites showing how he gets bailed. You literally either saw him give up a pass, get help over top, bad throw by the qb or an occasional knockdown. He labels himself a shutdown corner because he will trail the #1 and you guys really take that and run with it without looking at more footage than an occasional highlight on sports center or NFL network. That’s not how true shutdown corners perform. 

True, I hear ya 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caponine said:

In 2007 when Revis one of the leagues best corner in nfl history played Moss and contained him for 79 yards, that was the gameplan. Sometimes the gameplan is not to totally take someone out but limit them enough that they dont make a huge impact 

 

93 yards isn't containing. It's not the worst, but it isn't containing.

 

Revis also wasn't taking ish after the game. Surely Revis was as humble as always.

 

The 2007 Patriots were also the complete opposite of the 2019 Falcons. Rams would've won without Ramsey on Julio because the Falcons are an awful team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VTCrunkler said:

That subtle little shove is called pass interference 

I laugh when people question Julio losing a step or the route tree discussion.He set Ramsay up on that 39 yarder perfectly with all those comebacks.

Routinely found holes in the zone.

Personally I still think Julio’s got alot more to give than a lot think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwifalcon said:

I laugh when people question Julio losing a step or the route tree discussion.He set Ramsay up on that 39 yarder perfectly with all those comebacks.

Routinely found holes in the zone.

Personally I still think Julio’s got alot more to give than a lot think.

The second half of the cards game he and the offense caught fire.  Julio can still flash as the best wr in the game. He was working the routes and looked like he had several steps on Ramsay on a fouokFriday passed. 

Cole World, kiwifalcon and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, caponine said:

A forced fumble that completely changed the game. You can't deny that. A few good coverage and PD plays. I'm not saying julio didnt get his , he did but ramsey played well. 

I mean, did you even watch the game? Julio had him twisting/turning in circles. Matt just couldn’t get the ball to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cole World said:

@2:50 mark getting disrespectful 

Yeah he says if he on his **** it would have been scary..well we can say they same if the offense was full turbo we light him up matt dont care who on julio..hes getting fed.

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I mean, did you even watch the game? Julio had him twisting/turning in circles. Matt just couldn’t get the ball to him. 

julio is julio , you and i both know that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Wish we traded two firsts and the Jags choice between Trufant or Kettle cooked chips. Ramsey is a dog. 

Wouldn't be even an average corner for the Falcons. Not without a pass rush.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

Why can't it be a win/win?

 

Ramsey gets beat like a drum and the Saints lose in yet another embarrassing postseason exit.

I'm down with that as long as Ramsey gets benched or, you know, suffers an actual back injury and misses the rest of the Rams' march to SB glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see anywhere Ramsey disrespected Julio or anyone honestly.. If anything he held back alot he could have said.. He didnt own Julio or anything in the game, but Ramsey didn't go after Julio in this interview 

caponine and DogIsYourName like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I dont see anywhere Ramsey disrespected Julio or anyone honestly.. If anything he held back alot he could have said.. He didnt own Julio or anything in the game, but Ramsey didn't go after Julio in this interview 

He was being passive aggressive, he didn't have to explicitly state anything. He's acknowledged Hopkins is a great receiver in the past, so by him saying they're not similar with that dismissive look on his face and saying it would've been "crazy" if he was in his groove, he was basically saying he would've locked Julio up if he wasn't rusty.

Which is ******** because you're a professional football player and that **** comes off as an arrogant excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Wouldn't be even an average corner for the Falcons. Not without a pass rush.

Yeah he would, and he would go a long ways to fixing the Rush. You get him and line him on the other side of Sheffield and trade the horse faced bail artist to another stable. In the off season you sign clowney as a bookend for Takk, and boom you have both a solid back field and a pass rush. 

DogIsYourName likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now