Cole World

Ramsey on Julio

109 posts in this topic

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

But instead Julio is on to the next one, while Ramsey is saying "If I was really in my groove, it would've been scary out there".

Ramsey knew that he didn't win the battle, but he won the war because the Rams got the W.

Well I agree with that.

2 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

You guys don't get it.  No corner in the entire NFL can shut down Julio one on one.  So if that's all this thread can be about, what's the point?

That's the bottom line.

DogIsYourName likes this

1 hour ago, BirdGangATL said:

He’s a clown, Julio had him dead to rights, but Julio should had caught the pass towards the end zone.

I love Julio but he’s not catching the tough ones.  Just a fact.   

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol man what??? He didn’t do anything to contain Julio. This has to be a bad joke right

Julio is going to get his you know that , I know that. He knows that , like I said you can't stop him but you have to try and contain him. Without Ramsey the game is probably much closer,  that fumble really changed the whole complexion of the game. You'd be crazy to deny that , he left his mark on that game 

Edited by caponine

I respected Ramsey because I believe he is a very good CB. I don't mind a guy speaking his mind and showing bravado or swagger, because as we all know he's going to have to back it up.

Last night I was watching the NFL Network when Deion Sanders called Ramsey (video chat). Sanders asked him about the trainers in LA being able to quickly deal with his back issue. Deion was clearly being tongue-in-cheek and Ramsey was oh yeah they figured my back out quick, with a dung eating grin.

Ramsey flat out quit on the Jags and his back injury was all BS. When I think of the people on this board that go to work everyday to make ends meet and this guy pulls that crap. I can't remember the last time I guy got me so riled up - I've lost all respect for him.

It's blasphemy to say on this board but if the Rams play the Saints in the playoffs this year, then I hope Thomas puts up 200 yards receiving on him and the Rams get beaten like no team was beaten before!

Edited by Bart2Ryan+beyond
JDaveG and SoldMySoul like this

22 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Julio caught 4 of 6 targets.

1 was a overthrow by Matt and the other was a thought pass he should have caught. Ramsey was steps behind Julio on every target but 1.

And tbh that was almost all in the first half 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

Julio is going to get his you know that , I know that. He knows that , like I said you can't stop him but you have to try and contain him. Without Ramsey the game is probably much closer,  that fumble really changed the whole complexion of the game. 

And you actually think he didn’t have a better game due to Ramsey? Simple yes or no will suffice. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

And you actually think he didn’t have a better game due to Ramsey? Simple yes or no will suffice. 

Well I'm not sure if Julio caught a pass in the 2nd half. I could be wrong. I can't remember. You definitely have to give Ramsey credit 

DogIsYourName likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Yes, I think Ramsey did cover him pretty well.  But he could've had a better game, mainly if he had caught that long go route near the end zone.  Look, I'm not trying to say Ramsey shut him down.  He didn't.  Nobody does.

Gotta be your own biggest hype man...

At least you know you’re getting a competitor that performs and comes ready to take on any challenge.  Honestly we need more of that on this team.  Y’all are so used to choir boys now that trash talk scares you.

caponine and DogIsYourName like this

Just now, caponine said:

Well I'm not sure if Julio caught a pass in the 2nd half. I could be wrong. I can't remember. You definitely have to give Ramsey credit 

I don’t know what you guys look at when watching these games. 

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Say what? 

A forced fumble that completely changed the game. You can't deny that. A few good coverage and PD plays. I'm not saying julio didnt get his , he did but ramsey played well. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t know what you guys look at when watching these games. 

Ok , no problem. It's cool to have a differing of opinions 

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Gotta be your own biggest hype man...

At least you know you’re getting a competitor that performs and comes ready to take on any challenge.  Honestly we need more of that on this team.  Y’all are so used to choir boys now that trash talk scares you.

Most here dont like him and think he's OVERRATED lol 

6 minutes ago, Bart2Ryan+beyond said:

I respected Ramsey because I believe he is a very good CB. I don't mind a guy speaking his mind and showing bravado or swagger, because as we all know he's going to have to back it up.

Last night I was watching the NFL Network when Deion Sanders called Ramsey (video chat). Sanders asked him about the trainers in LA being able to quickly deal with his back issue. Deion was clearly being tongue-in-cheek and Ramsey was oh yeah they figured my back out quick, with a dung eating grin.

Ramsey flat out quit on the Jags and his back injury was all BS. When I think of the people on this board that go to work everyday to make ends meet and this guy pulls that crap. I can't remember the last time I guy got me so riled up - I've lost all respect for him.

It's blasphemy to say on this board but if the Rams play the Saints in the playoffs this year, then I hope Thomas puts up 200 yards receiving on him and the Rams get beaten like no team was beaten before!

Why can't it be a win/win?

Ramsey gets beat like a drum and the Saints lose in yet another embarrassing postseason exit.

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

A forced fumble that completely changed the game. You can't deny that. A few good coverage and PD plays. I'm not saying julio didnt get his , he did but ramsey played well. 

Unless Ramsey caused that fumble on Julio, I fail to see it being any relevance to the thread called "Ramsey on Julio".

Cole World and ya_boi_j like this

The only reason he had any success against Julio and Ryan is the same reason Xavier Rhodes has had success and the reason Josh Norman had success in Carolina. Pass rush. That's it. 

Cole World likes this

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Unless Ramsey caused that fumble on Julio, I fail to see it being any relevance to the thread called "Ramsey on Julio".

I dont think Julio caught a pass in the 2nd half 

Most here dont like him and think he's OVERRATED lol 

That’s right. He is overrated. Just like yesterday his pass rush has you guys thinking he contained Julio. He can’t cover elites. He gets bailed by bad throws often and he has help from the safety more than he’s credited to get. His best trait is his physical play

Cole World likes this

12 minutes ago, Bart2Ryan+beyond said:

I said the exact same thing as you earlier. He wasn’t sick either! He wasn’t happy with the Jags and instead of playing through your contract you act like a baby and get what you want!!!

No way Rams make it that far.

Bart2Ryan+beyond likes this

I dont think Julio caught a pass in the 2nd half 

He caught 2 passes in the second half. 

1 hour ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Of course they'd say that. He played the Falcons, so that bias is built in off top. He could've went off and ppl would say Julio was a mismatch for him. Casual fans are fickle.

It was actually split about 50/50 on people saying who won. But the fact that even 50% of people believe Ramsey won the matchup is hilariously false. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s right. He is overrated. Just like yesterday his pass rush has you guys thinking he contained Julio. He can’t cover elites. He gets bailed by bad throws often and he has help from the safety more than he’s credited to get. His best trait is his physical play

Sorry but I respectfully disagree , Who doesnt though ?? Every elite cb needs a pass rush but that doesn't mean they cant get it done themselves. He's very physical, julio seemed bothered by him at some points. He swatted at him and pushed him away