Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Carter

UGA Basketball 2019-2020

Basketball season is getting closer and closer. Things could be trending up for the Dawgs but we will be starting off this season predicted to finish middle of the pack by most it seems. 

Can’t wait to see how this team looks with Anthony Edwards leading the way. He already has NBA lottery hype.

Go Dawgs!

Edwards maybe slightly killed it tonight!

Lol... pretty good debut. Slow start but finished 7/16 with 24 points 3 assists 9 rebounds 4 steals 4 turnovers. 4/7 from the arch. 6/8 on free throws. Played 28 minutes. Fouled out with 2:10 left in the game, score 79-65 Dawgs. Cheered loudly by the home crowd as he exited.

Most points by a UGA freshman in their debut since Dominique Wilkins (26).

The thing that impressed me the most was how quiet those 24 points were. I could easily see him dropping 30-40 points if he gets rolling. I’m definitely going to enjoy it while he’s there

Edited by Bdawg58

If Hammonds can stay engaged and play up to his talent level that made him a top 50 guy...

If Wheeler's passing and creativity inside continues to be a factor (as they'll try to make him make jumpers at some points)...

If Edwards can avoid slow starts...

If role players keep doing good things for Georgia.

There really might be something there this time. Georgia Tech had actually had a good win at NC State (depends on how you feel about them though too) to start the year even if they've been pretty awful recently. They might be better. 

I'm finally going to be able to watch in a few days. Tough one vs Dayton to start, would be nice to get a couple wins in Maui before going home though.

Monkdawg1
Posted on 11 hrs, , User Since 167 months ago, User Post Count: 8,629
  • 11 hrs
  • 167 months

They are getting better and better each game. A 4 point win over Tech doesn't really tell the story. Tech is a solid team that will win some games this year, but we had a comfortable lead for much of the middle of the game, and 1 guy for Tech (Devoe) kept hitting shots to move them closer down the stretch. His 34 still weren't enough to overcome the fine game by Hammonds, the solid game by Edwards, the pizzazz of Wheeler, and the real hustle of guys like Peake and Camara off the bench. Camara really played defense on the Tech bigs. Peake made maybe 4 hustle plays that were just tremendous. A friend of mine and I were discussing Wheeler, and he said, "Wheeler - he's no Turtle Jackson...." Boy howdy! Our posts held James Banks to 4 pts and 4 rebounds; he was a mouthy monster with his shot blocks, but we really put a collar on him. This team is just gonna improve every game as they develop team chemistry and learn how to win at this level. Crean can friggin' recruit. These guys are athletes; every one of them adds something to the team. The guys he signed late are just as impressive as the guys he signed early. We are deeeeep!! After the game, Crean ran over to the students and the band to praise their contributions. About 10,200 in the Steg on a Wednesday night in November. Pretty **** good. Now, let's get a couple of wins next week in Maui!

LakeNormandawgMOD
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 99 months ago, User Post Count: 17,329
  • 2 hrs
  • 99 months

Defense was much better last night in the paint and not letting Tech get to the basket..Banks altered a bunch of shots and our guys got frustrated but didn't lose their cool..
Great win, but Tech was abysmal from the FT line at around 50%..
Crean was raving about the JUCO PG they signed and is very high on him..if Hammonds doesn't get in foul trouble, he's headed for a new career high and his 4th foul was very unnecessary..Wheeler is fun to watch and we have some athletes off the bench..
Team made tremendous strides from first 3 games.

Edited by 95Dawg

antman needs to take over like he did.. if he does that the other players will follow him.. what i saw was antman taking over on both sides of the court and his teammates elevated play. 

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

tonight the Hoop Dawgs play at 9pm on espnu. 

need to win tonight and weds get to 6-2 before exams cause its gonna be tough after with azu, smu, memphis and uk 2 times in 14 days

2 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

need to win tonight and weds get to 6-2 before exams cause its gonna be tough after with azu, smu, memphis and uk 2 times in 14 days

OMG that is a tough run there..