blkbigdog35

Vic trade rumor news

110 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If he is traded, I think we will be very surprised as to what he nets. Teams trading mid season tend to be more desperate than you think.

Just depends on the demand.  Only way we see solid return on any of these players is if there is significant interest in multiple teams.  We suck.  Teams know we suck.  You only win trades while operating from positions of power, of which we have none.  It's not like any of these guys, outside of like Grady, are flashing on a terrible defense.  They are all terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

Just depends on the demand.  Only way we see solid return on any of these players is if there is significant interest in multiple teams.  We suck.  Teams know we suck.  You only win trades while operating from positions of power, of which we have none.  It's not like any of these guys, outside of like Grady, are flashing on a terrible defense.  They are all terrible.

Very good post bro.  

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, athell said:

Just depends on the demand.  Only way we see solid return on any of these players is if there is significant interest in multiple teams.  We suck.  Teams know we suck.  You only win trades while operating from positions of power, of which we have none.  It's not like any of these guys, outside of like Grady, are flashing on a terrible defense.  They are all terrible.

Unless other teams think Quinn is the problem like everyone here does

Edited by wartownfalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders just got an extra 2020 3rd round pick, so maybe they’d be more apt to part with their 3rd round pick, or maybe even a 2nd. I’d take either of those deals in a heart beat. 

Refried Beans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

Wish we'd traded them Trufant

Eh, he isn’t on a mega contract so they get a former 1st this year and next year...maybe 2 more years if the option is still; erm...an option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wartownfalcon said:

Unless everyone else thinks Quinn is the problem like everyone here does

Oh I'm sure they do...but that's our problem not theirs.  Bottom line is this isn't MLB.  We aren't going to get this collection of picks/young players in return for our rejects.  Teams are going to look to float the lowest picks possible for our guys.  I feel like people equate draft position to trade value and it just doesn't correlate.

Chaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So unless I missed something where does it say the Raiders are interested in Vic Beasley?

I mean we all agree he's not that great.

Why would a team want to trade for a pass rusher that doesn't produce pressures or get sacks?

You can't sell something when no one is buying.

I could see the Falcons getting something for McKinnley rather than Beasley.

If you thought to yourself 'No don't trade McKinnley because....'

That's why teams won't want Beasley.

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, athell said:

Just depends on the demand.  Only way we see solid return on any of these players is if there is significant interest in multiple teams.  We suck.  Teams know we suck.  You only win trades while operating from positions of power, of which we have none.  It's not like any of these guys, outside of like Grady, are flashing on a terrible defense.  They are all terrible.

You win these kinds of trades depending on how well you draft when the pick comes due. Demand doesn't really matter, because teams looking to trade right now think they are that one player away from winning it all. They are desperate. As for the sucking thing, they don't care about that. They see that one player that can save them. Vic will probably do well in the right system, he has before.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

So unless I missed something where does it say the Raiders are interested in Vic Beasley?

I mean we all agree he's not that great.

Why would a team want to trade for a pass rusher that doesn't produce pressures or get sacks?

 

He's not a linebacker and a pass rusher in name only.  :lol:

Now maybe if Al was still alive and saw his 40 time we'd have something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded VB44 and Campbell to the raiders in Madden, then the next season DQ got hired as the Raiders coach and they demolished me 40-8 with those players having 2 sacks and 2 ints respectively... Even in Madden the Falcons falcon...

JDaveG, jidady, Drew4719 and 12 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jesus said:

You win these kinds of trades depending on how well you draft when the pick comes due. Demand doesn't really matter, because teams looking to trade right now think they are that one player away from winning it all. They are desperate. As for the sucking thing, they don't care about that. They see that one player that can save them. Vic will probably do well in the right system, he has before.

I agree with you, just saying that I am already seeing posts about 2nd rounders...so when we inevitably net a 5th rounder for Vic people are going to lose their crap here.

Jesus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATLFalcon36 said:

I traded VB44 and Campbell to the raiders in Madden, then the next season DQ got hired as the Raiders coach and they demolished me 40-8 with those players having 2 sacks and 2 ints respectively... Even in Madden the Falcons falcon...

This is actually hilarious lol

Sun Tzu 7 and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATLFalcon36 said:

I traded VB44 and Campbell to the raiders in Madden, then the next season DQ got hired as the Raiders coach and they demolished me 40-8 with those players having 2 sacks and 2 ints respectively... Even in Madden the Falcons falcon...

Artificial intelligence has come a long way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

I agree with you, just saying that I am already seeing posts about 2nd rounders...so when we inevitably net a 5th rounder for Vic people are going to lose their crap here.

They lose their crap over everything. Got to wonder after the first 6 weeks of this season, do they have any crap left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now