Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ergo Proxy

Ryan ankle sprain; already running in pool

38 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, vel said:

That's my dawg. I love Matt. I know people have mixed feelings on him, but at the bare minimum he's a competitor. In a lost season, he could easily pack it up and take this game off with the bye week coming up but he's looking to play. 

Yep. His body language on the side lines is a contrast to his own HC and other players.

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Keep him on the bench.

Remember last season when Neal injured his leg but then went back into the game and then had a season ending injury.

This season is over.  Let's think about Ryan for next season.

Don't bring him back unless he's 100.

I do agree with letting him rest but I think it’ll be hard to expect Matt to quit if he thinks he can play and with DQ’s job security anyway?

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I do agree with letting him rest but I think it’ll be hard to expect Matt to quit if he thinks he can play and with DQ’s job security anyway?

Maybe. Ryan is a stand up guy.

But let's be honest.  The guy that's going to be most responsible for Quinn losing is job is the guy running the defense... and everyone knows that.

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Maybe. Ryan is a stand up guy.

But let's be honest.  The guy that's going to be most responsible for Quinn losing is job is the guy running the defense... and everyone knows that.

I don’t think Ryan cares about the defense or problems with the HC. He is too competitive for that. 

29 minutes ago, vel said:

That's my dawg. I love Matt. I know people have mixed feelings on him, but at the bare minimum he's a competitor. In a lost season, he could easily pack it up and take this game off with the bye week coming up but he's looking to play. 

This, but part of it is not giving the opposition any advantage if he doesn’t play

Ergo Proxy likes this

Benefits of your QBs bones and muscles being made of rubber. Sad to say the main reason I was nervous is that he is in my fantasy team. Nothing left to play for in the real games. 

NeonDeion and shock like this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Remember this folks. I thought he was done for the season when it happened.

431320693.jpg

edit: 

here is the video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82362ebe/Ryan-s-ankle-gets-stepped-on

That's what always comes to mind. I never thought Ryan was a top 3 QB like some people, but the dude is tough as nails. I remember him coming back in and throwing a dart to HD...I thought dude would be on IR after the slomo.

2 hours ago, Sell The Team, Art said:

Matt's never been the GOAT.  That being said, he has always been one tough SOB.  I knew that before he ever was a Falcon.

This hit did not hurt him:

The fact that he even remembered his name after that hit says all you need to know about how tough he is...

Knocked the soul out of him! Ryan looked pretty decent on his feet then.

Edited by SoldMySoul

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

That's what always comes to mind. I never thought Ryan was a top 3 QB like some people, but the dude is tough as nails. I remember him coming back in and throwing a dart to HD...I thought dude would be on IR after the slomo.

here is that play to Harry. Sih and Avril were after him.

he has been top 3 from 2016 though.

NeonDeion likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I cant wait to hear the excuses when we win the game Sunday with Schaub starting and Etling as backup.. Or maybe Sanu will be backup.. Im not sure yet

There are no excuses for winning. I want the team to win. Unlike, folks with hatred against certain players. I want falcons to win if the water boy is the QB.

30 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Knocked the soul out of him! Ryan looked pretty decent on his feet then.

A friend of mine & I were watching that game.  We thought Ryan was dead.  He got up.  I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody pop up after a hit like that!  They would have put Dunham in jail for a hit like that now. :D

Edited by Sell The Team, Art