So TATF - Who you rootin' for now?

Don't get me wrong, I think most of us will continue to pull for this disaster of a franchise we share fandom for...but the season is more fun when you have a rooting interest in a contender.  Let's go through the league and pick ourselves a team to root for for the remainder of the season and playoffs, shall we?

AFCE - Pats, Jets, Bills, Dolphins : Hole lot of NOPE for me here...I have zero desire to back any of these teams.

AFCW - Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders : The Chiefs will probably be a popular choice for obvious reasons.  Outside of them, Imma pass on the rest.

AFCN - Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Bengals : The Ravens man.  The Ravens are fun to watch.  Jackson looks like a Vick 2.0, dominant run game and solid defense.  Fun team with legit SB aspirations.  Browns have been a huge disappointment.  lol @ Steelers and Bengals.

AFCS - Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Titans : Out of this group, I LOVE the Texans and basically cannot stand anyone else.  I know @Ovie_Lover loves him some Titans football, but I just can't with that team.  Colts are boring.  Jags are Jags.

My list for the AFC : Chiefs, Ravens, Texans

NFCE - Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins : I have no desire to back any of these teams.

NFCW - 49ers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams : Out of this group, give me the 49ers.  Shanahan, Tevin, (hopefully) Sanu, Garland, that DEFENSE!  This one is a no brainer for me and I know there is a lot of ill will towards Shanny around here, but let's be real.  Without him we NEVER go on that SB run.  2016 was magical BECAUSE of Shanahan and the offense, and he deserves credit.  Yes he bombed in the 4th, and yes he deserves criticism, but if he could go back he would re-do it and win us that chip.  Screw the Seahawks, I cannot stand McVay or the Rams, and the Cardinals are meh for me.

NFCN - Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears : I would back Chicago if not for Trubisky.  I really love their roster outside of him...but he really kills any chance they have.  I respect Rodgers, will never root for the Pack.  Can't back Cousins.  Lions, maybe...but why root for the Lions when I can root for the Falcons?  Seems redundant.  Lions gonna Lion.

NFCS - Saints, Panthers, Bucs, Falcons : Hard pass

My list for the NFC : 49ers

My NFC pick is simple.  Go Niners. 

Out of the AFC, everyone is jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon...and I get it...but that is gonna make me hop off because I'm not about that.  Which leaves me with Baltimore and Houston and while I love Watson, Hopkins and a lot of the guys on Houston's roster...Baltimore is just fun to watcn and makes me remember the '04 Falcons and that playoff game vs the Rams.  Running the ball down people's throats at will and nothing they could do about it, coupled with an above average defense with killer rush defense...kinda makes this a no brainer for me as we..

49ers vs Ravens SB for me...let's get it!  Who you got?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone playing against the Saints and Pats in the post season.

I’m rooting for the falcons to get a top 3 pick. I couldn’t care less how the rest of the nfl season unfolds 

Well for me, the Falcons are my default setting.  Unfortunately.  They can be 1-14 and I will still be pulling for them to win that last game...just how I am.  But I can also look towards the future a

Just now, shockerfalcon said:

I’m rooting for the falcons to get a top 3 pick. I couldn’t care less how the rest of the nfl season unfolds 

I feel you, and I am too, but man football is too fun to root for losers.  At least for me.  I like watching good, well coached, football.  Which...probably means I should just become a Pats fan but nah.

You can still root for a top 3 pick and a contender at the same time.  C'mon shock, I know you got some team in your back pocket...

1 minute ago, athell said:

I feel you, and I am too, but man football is too fun to root for losers.  At least for me.  I like watching good, well coached, football.  Which...probably means I should just become a Pats fan but nah.

You can still root for a top 3 pick and a contender at the same time.  C'mon shock, I know you got some team in your back pocket...

Nope not a one I’m sure I’ll pick a side in the Super Bowl but I can’t bring myself to root for anyone but my falcons. It would be like cheating on Beyoncé lol

I will still go for my Falcons until the end of week 17. But as for the possible playoff teams... I can go for a Chiefs vs Vikings Superbowl. Backup teams Texans & Seahawks.

It is actually easier for me to say who I will root against (of those with current .500 or above records...

Saints, Cowboys, Patriots, Panthers! Also the 49ers, Browns, Bills, Bears and Packers (mostly cause I am sick of the Rodgers Talk).

43 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Shananan and the 49ers.

I'm hoping they do what we should have done in 2016... if we actually had a defense that could have made a stand by itself instead of only looking decent because of his offense.

Shannys offense scored 9 points yesterday...

... and they won comfortably on the back of the same defensive scheme our current head coach is supposed to be a guru of.

It appears the football gods are not without a sense of humor. :(

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Shannys offense scored 9 points yesterday...

... and the pay won comfortably on the back of the same defensive scheme our current head coach is supposed to be a guru of.

It appears the football gods are not without a sense of humor. :(

We continue to be the butt of the football god's jokes...