falconizer123

Tony Dungy for next HC anyone

67 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Brilliant offensive mind as next HC please and competent DC, we might just be better than 2016 in that case.

The Patriots have a defensive minded HC. He pretty good. 

Dr Long Shot likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@PeytonMannings Forehead

I got nothing on finding the next coach for this team. Otherwise, I wouldn't be on here. :ninja::tiphat:

Nah, someone that can install an offense with a consistent run game and can protect the QB. If it's a WCO, great! If it's Josh Daniels? I'm down.

Just make it happen that the next HC can stabilize both OC and DC with their coordinator selections.

Kevin Stefanski as HC with Mike McDaniel as his OC. 

Mike McDaniel has been with Gary Kubiak who Stefanski is currently working with in Minnesota from 2005-2008 and has been with Kyle Shanahan from the same time period to include from 2011-present.

Mike McDaniel needs a shot to be play caller.

3 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

If we want another detail-oriented coach we would be blessed to be able to get Dungy. "The Power of Habit" has a whole chapter dedicated to the work he did in Tampa and Indy describing the cutting edge ways he taught his team how to act on habit and instinct and is one of the few coaches I can recall to build two championship squads in two different conferences. (I know Gruden was the coach when Tampa one but that was 100% Dungies creation). I am not sure he has any interest whatsoever to get back into coaching though. 

This

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

it took that guy how many years to win a SB with Peyton Manning? No thanks

The bigger issue anyways comes back to the Super Bowl and shot calling was because of Manning, not Dungy. I am not ready to take that chance with Tony.

I'd actually like Dungy to be HC; he's 64, so he's not too old, and he probably could assemble a good coaching staff as well. He was an HC for 13 seasons, and only had one losing season (his first season) during that time. His record is 139-69.  Tony Dungy's teams more often than not finished with double digit wins. He hasn't coached since 2008, so that could be a bad thing, but I have no doubt in my mind that players would  learn a huge amount from him and play hard for him as well.

Edited by 4dabirds

Not saying we should so don’t kill me .... but Rex Ryan ... he would bring a toughness and an attitude to this team we have never had , calling out Baker in the media even though it’s kind of childish shows his willingness to tell it like it is ... he wouldn’t put up with Beasley giving half effort on plays .. all that being said still think we need a young offensive mind with a veteran DC 

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I like Riley as a college coach.  I'm still skeptical of him in the NFL.  First I think it would be a dumb move on his part to leave Oklahoma right now where you literally could have a job for life.  Secondly, I'm still skeptical of the Air Raid offense in the NFL.  It has a fair amount of run and shoot principles that do work and are part of a lot of current offenses, but the system as a whole. I'm still not sure it translates to the NFL, especially in this climate were defenses are prioritizing getting smaller and faster.

Bieniemy I like a lot, but not for the reasons I suspect a lot of other people do.  I don't think you're guaranteed to get a high flying offense like K.C. with him.  He's a running back coach by trade.  We could just as easily see and old school grind it out, and play solid defense kind of team.  

Dungy didn't impose any vanilla, pound the ball offense in Indianapolis.  He had not problem stepping aside and letting Tom Moore and Peyton run things.  

And it could be argued that Dungy is actually the better X's and O's guy than Rexy.  Dungy literally invented a defense that took over the league in a similar was the west coast offense spread.  

Don't leave out Pete Carmichael.

Putting aside his joy of retirement and community service and mentoring, he’d be a fine coach. At the very least he wouldn’t make stupid in-game decisions.

3 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Not saying we should so don’t kill me .... but Rex Ryan ... he would bring a toughness and an attitude to this team we have never had , calling out Baker in the media even though it’s kind of childish shows his willingness to tell it like it is ... he wouldn’t put up with Beasley giving half effort on plays .. all that being said still think we need a young offensive mind with a veteran DC 

Not Sexy Rexy, that is an accident waiting to happen. And he always hires his pregnant broth Rob. 

7 hours ago, capologist said:

Josh McDaniels please...

He isnt going anywhere. He knows Belichecks time is coming to an end soon and he wants the Pats job