falconizer123

Tony Dungy for next HC anyone

67 posts in this topic

I know I know, but last night, I was watching him and Harrison talk about various football topics and I think he is a really smart guy. Been around for a while and knows football. Not sure of what Coordinators he would command, but they, I am sure would have to be someone who he trusts.

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, falconizer123 said:

I know I know, but last night, I was watching him and Harrison talk about various football topics and I think he is a really smart guy. Been around for a while and knows football. Not sure of what Coordinators he would command, but they, I am sure would have to be someone who he trusts.

The guy's 100 years old. Also, by the time this fire sale is complete, he wouldn't go near this team if you offered him partial ownership. 

Just now, falconizer123 said:

If we want another detail-oriented coach we would be blessed to be able to get Dungy. "The Power of Habit" has a whole chapter dedicated to the work he did in Tampa and Indy describing the cutting edge ways he taught his team how to act on habit and instinct and is one of the few coaches I can recall to build two championship squads in two different conferences. (I know Gruden was the coach when Tampa one but that was 100% Dungies creation). I am not sure he has any interest whatsoever to get back into coaching though. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Brilliant offensive mind as next HC please and competent DC, we might just be better than 2016 in that case.

Look at some of the top teams. They have an offensive mind in the lab scheming and creating plays. McDaniels, Reich, Reid/Bieniemy, Payton, K. Moore, LeFleur, Shanny, McVay, Stefanski/Kubiak

Looking back, I admired Quinn for his stubbornness to have Shanny as a package deal. Quinn was onto something when we hired him. He had a vision and it made him look great in the '16 season when Shanny's offense was kicking butt the last 1-2 months of the season heading into the playoffs. IDK what happened to Quinn since then and his vision. It's faded. Sark hire was a head scratcher. Koetter hire was even more weird. It's ultimately going to be his downfall along with his putrid defense. 

Osiruz and Schwarzwald like this

I wouldn't mind as long as we force him to hire a great offensive mind, Dungy is just a worse version of Rex Ryan. 

20 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

I don't think McDaniels would leave New England. 

If I were McDaniel I wouldn't leave New England for this dumpster fire.

48 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

The guy's 100 years old

What? 

He just turned 64 two weeks ago, and he's younger than Bill Belichick.   

Probably too old to take on this "dumpster fire"!!!  It would take a younger, more energetic guy to ever get us back to where we want/need to be.  He may make a better GM than a HC at this point in his life ---- still not sold, though... 

Edited by FalconJim

50 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I Want a coach who is obsessive about details and winning. I don’t want motivational coach. Gimme a guy who can make the athletes into football players.

I believe that is what shanny did best as an OC he coached the details.

falcons007 likes this

6 minutes ago, octoslash said:

What? 

He just turned 64 two weeks ago, and he's younger than Bill Belichick.   

How old is Sean McVeigh? Sean Payton?  Kyle Shanahan?  Matt LaFleur?  Doug Peterson? 

Now how old is Dungy? 

55 minutes ago, capologist said:

Josh McDaniels please...

He has definitely learned a lot from Belicheck. I wouldn’t be opposed to it, but I wonder how loyal he would be to the franchise. His history in Denver worries me a little too

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Josh McDaniels please...

His offense will suit this team perfectly. Finally get Ryan the short passing game he needs. Ridley and Gage can be the quick speedsters who run around the middle of the field. Hooper can be his Gronk and Julio can be everywhere else cleaning up. He likes to use three running backs. We have at least three decent ones on the roster, each fitting a different bill. 

CTann and NewtonLaws like this

A Super Bowl winning head coach has never won a Super Bowl with another franchise, so no. I maybe wrong but I thought I heard this stat a few years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

His offense will suit this team perfectly. Finally get Ryan the short passing game he needs. Ridley and Gage can be the quick speedsters who run around the middle of the field. Hooper can be his Gronk and Julio can be everywhere else cleaning up. He likes to use three running backs. We have at least three decent ones on the roster, each fitting a different bill. 

Might've just wet myself a little reading this. This offense needs what you just said. 

NewtonLaws likes this

I don't trust Josh McDaniels. He would pack his bags on the night train if things got tough here. I see Bobby Petrino tendencies in him too much to have him HC of the Falcons.

I would like to have Mike Shanahan as HC.

Edited by high impact

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Brilliant offensive mind as next HC please and competent DC, we might just be better than 2016 in that case.

Who’d you have in mind?

5 minutes ago, high impact said:

I don't trust Josh McDaniels. He would pack his bags on the night train if this got tough here. I see Bobby Petrino tendencies in him too much to have him HC of the Falcons.

I would like to have Mike Shanahan as HC.

The affection for McDaniels is a little odd considering the way he flaked on Indianapolis just two years ago. I can’t remember ever seeing a coach out and out accept a job, get ready to hire a staff and everything then change his mind. Doesnt seem like the kind of character I’d want leading an organization.

1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

I wouldn't mind as long as we force him to hire a great offensive mind, Dungy is just a worse version of Rex Ryan. 

How so?

4LoveoftheGame and high impact like this

55 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

I believe that is what shanny did best as an OC he coached the details.

He did and though he comes as an arrogant prick. He is very obsessive about those details which makes a play work.

me4falcons likes this