Goober Pyle

Lindstrom Update

31 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The only way to get better at playing football is by playing football.

If he's good to go play him.

Let him get his lumps now so he can hit the ground running next year.

You want your starting offensive line to have as many snaps playing together as possible.

Yup...let him learn and grow

Cole World likes this

12 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The only way to get better at playing football is by playing football.

If he's good to go play him.

Let him get his lumps now so he can hit the ground running next year.

You want your starting offensive line to have as many snaps playing together as possible.

I mean we saw what delaying McGary in preseason did to him...but I think they’ll solidify the right side moving forward. We haven’t seen enough help to cover for Kaleb in addition to having a rotating OG situation for yet another season.

Wes got Matt killed by Donald...

Cole World likes this

It’s too late, we drafted him to keep Wes off the field and AD just took out Ryan.... people wonder why Falcons drafted him and signed Brown.

I would prefer that he play out the year.  My original expectations on this season was an optimistic 8-8 due to finally investing picks into an OL that would take plenty of lumps this season but bear fruit in 2020 and beyond.

I just didn't foresee... whatever this "defense" is.

3 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

I would prefer that he play out the year.  My original expectations on this season was an optimistic 8-8 due to finally investing picks into an OL that would take plenty of lumps this season but bear fruit in 2020 and beyond.

I just didn't foresee... whatever this "defense" is.

No one saw it if it makes you feel better.

Even if you were a serious Quinn doubter I don't think anyone would have thought it would have regressed to this level.

Chaz, SirCzah, vitaman and 2 others like this

The fact that we are questioning the decisions of this HC is the problem...they seem to be clueless at this point in their tenure.  This doesn't surprise me...

It's dumb not getting him out there if healthy.... It's just like McGary who has had good games but struggle lately.....

Let these guys get a feel for the game... Learn thru there mistakes nowwww.

Ergo Proxy likes this

If it were ligament or muscle damage I'd agree, but most breaks heal just fine. No reason not to activate him.

Just now, atljbo said:

It's dumb not getting him out there if healthy.... It's just like McGary who has had good games but struggle lately.....

Let these guys get a feel for the game... Learn thru there mistakes nowwww.

Exactly. We even gave Wes 2 years as a starter and took 3 to get Lindstrom in to replace Chester adequately. Levitre hitting IR 2 years in a row forced the OL issue to the fore; combined with Schraeder’s mass regression.

McGary’s floor should be the best of Schraeder, IMO.

Lindstrom looks like a mobile wall as a pass blocker. Just always seems to keep his man in check. The key is playing together and not getting beat on stunts and delayed/designed blitzes.

2 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

If it were ligament or muscle damage I'd agree, but most breaks heal just fine. No reason not to activate him.

A 5th metatarsal break in the foot can take longer to heal if it’s in the area where there is poor bloodflow.

Often, those require surgery.

So, if the surgery he had was in the poor blood flow area I can understand it being a medically limiting factor to his return.

if cleared? Play him.

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

A 5th metatarsal break in the foot can take longer to heal if it’s in the area where there is poor bloodflow.

Often, those require surgery.

So, if the surgery he had was in the poor blood flow area I can understand it being a medically limiting factor to his return.

if cleared? Play him.

Well, yeah, exactly. If surgery helps the process, do it. If surgery isn't necessary it's likely to not be lingering once fully healed.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, Falcanuck said:

Well, yeah, exactly. If surgery helps the process, do it. If surgery isn't necessary it's likely to not be lingering once fully healed.

He did have the surgery so...maybe that’s the caution with him?

Falcanuck likes this

58 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If the break healed well and he gets cleared to start practicing, why would you shut him down from any experience this year?

This, he needs the reps. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If the break healed well and he gets cleared to start practicing, why would you shut him down from any experience this year?

I agree. If there is no concern about the foot, they have to see what he and McGary can do together. 

Ergo Proxy likes this