Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
95Dawg

Richt has heartattack

15 posts in this topic

Hate to hear it. He said he left Miami because he wasnt taking care of himself. He was grinding so hard to rebuild Miami he never stopped to breathe or watch his own self health. Hopefully he makes a full recovery with no future issues. I know some people down in Miami that are missing Richt right now.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Hate to hear it. He said he left Miami because he wasnt taking care of himself. He was grinding so hard to rebuild Miami he never stopped to breathe or watch his own self health. Hopefully he makes a full recovery with no future issues. I know some people down in Miami that are missing Richt right now.

yep.. he was always someone who did his best to take care of himself and he made it a priority after his wife was fighting breast cancer.  at miami he was working so hard to try and turn things around he let things go.  he really should have taken a break after UGA to get his feet back under him, but he loved miami too darn much not to try..  I hope him the very beast.. one of the best guys and a heck of a coach as well. 

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. he was always someone who did his best to take care of himself and he made it a priority after his wife was fighting breast cancer.  at miami he was working so hard to try and turn things around he let things go.  he really should have taken a break after UGA to get his feet back under him, but he loved miami too darn much not to try..  I hope him the very beast.. one of the best guys and a heck of a coach as well. 

I could see him returning. I've seen some people connecting him to FSU after they run off Taggart. 

25 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I could see him returning. I've seen some people connecting him to FSU after they run off Taggart. 

I think he’s done at this point.  I don’t see any way that he gets back into coaching, unless it were at the high school level.

12 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think he’s done at this point.  I don’t see any way that he gets back into coaching, unless it were at the high school level.

I'm not sure FSU would be right or if they'd even be interested. I still think he could return for a small school like USF or something. Wheres there isn't a lot of pressure and he can just have fun and impact the development of the young men.

Dude that’s old school af. “I thought I was going to die. I was fine with it. I would miss my wife. I’ll be back to work this week.”

:lol: 

Imagine if he was still coaching at Miami this year though. GATA Coach... glad he’s ok. Hope no further complications. Heart attacks are crazy things!

2 hours ago, Carter said:

great to see he still has a sense of humor.. i just had a friend avoid major heart issue with having 3 stints put in to help with blockage.. it's tough.. i have had great friends who were in terrific shape with heart problems. 

16 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

You have to wonder how different Richt’s legacy would be if he coached at UGA in the playoff era.  We likely win 2 NC’s under his reign in a playoff format

95Dawg likes this

Let's hope he can get his health in order right away. As great of a coach as he is, he seems like an even better person. I wish him the best!

95Dawg likes this

Get well soon!! He’s one of the genuinely good guys out there. 

I did get a chuckle out of his tweet said “I guess no more cheese balls for me!” Gotta love a little sense of humor 

95Dawg likes this