ryantlanta

Cut Freeman and sign Kareem Hunt in 2020?

22 posts in this topic

Definitely would help our running game and we can all get a kick out of it :lol: in all seriousness though he would help us...

1 minute ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

You joke, but I think that's a good move. Of course the whole domestic violence issue will be a hindering factor.

“Falcons Filter”

Spts1 likes this

I doubt we’ll be able to afford him. Either way I don’t think we need to pay high dollars for an RB. Not to mention that we are in the midst of a running renaissance and there are a plethora of RBs we could draft that we could get great production out of without it costing us an arm and a leg. 

GhostofGritz likes this

Cant do it because Freeman would kill us with Dead Money against the cap, we are stuck with Freeman for another year. 

Just now, Refried Beans said:

Cant do it because Freeman would kill us with Dead Money against the cap, we are stuck with Freeman for another year. 

I think we're fine doing a 6/1 cut on Freeman. I would assume his latest debacle and poor play would make him expendable next year. We gotta shed money somewhere, and paying top dollar for poor performance at a position like RB makes more sense than anything.

GhostofGritz likes this

honestly, unless Oliison, Hill and Smith show that they aren't capable, I wouldn't waste money or another pick on a running back unless he's as talented as Barkley

me4falcons likes this

All we need to do is cut Freeman and run Ito and Ollison in situations that benefit their running style and our run game will be fine. Our coaches are to stubborn and stupid to even activate Ollison even when our current run game is trash and they run Ito once or twice a game.

red falcon and roguebeaver like this

Freeman isn't so bad. He seems to be in his own head with all the spin moves and jukes. He just needs to hit the hole. He still has some burst and once he is in the open field he can move. 

The whole offensive philosophy is trash right now. The game was a ten point difference and the offense stopped running the ball in the second quarter. Everything was either a bad screen or a sit and wait for 20 yard pass downfield. Does Koetter even know how to coach an offense?

Shouldn't have paid Freeman after his SB no block play that resulted in a strip sack. Freeman quit that game and he's never been the same since. I don't agree with paying a running back big money anyway. 

I don’t feel like Free has lost any burst, and the knee issue he had wasn’t something that should zap any burst. His vision has been dog**** which I attribute to him pressing too hard.

That said, why does Free still have so much dead money if we cut him after this year? Didn’t we sign him after 2016? Who the **** sets up a RB extension that you can’t get out of easily after THREE seasons?

I don’t know about y’all but I loved what I saw out of Brian Hill yesterday in the sense of his urgency to get the ball and go, no dancing or fancy crap. He was determined to run the ball and I loved seeing that. With Ito out now and freeman acting out, I wanna see Ollison and what he might bring to the backfield as well

12 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I don’t feel like Free has lost any burst, and the knee issue he had wasn’t something that should zap any burst. His vision has been dog**** which I attribute to him pressing too hard.

That said, why does Free still have so much dead money if we cut him after this year? Didn’t we sign him after 2016? Who the **** sets up a RB extension that you can’t get out of easily after THREE seasons?

Idk. On top of pressing too hard, I just don't see a consistent burst going through holes. He's never been a speed guy, so when he has edges for big gains, they end up 2 yard gains since defenses are just running him down.

If we can't pound him up the middle, we're basically waiting for him to settle back down and hoping his vision comes back.

FWIW,  I think we need to run more off tackle stuff with Keith Smith lead blocking. 

26 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Freeman isn't so bad. He seems to be in his own head with all the spin moves and jukes. He just needs to hit the hole. He still has some burst and once he is in the open field he can move. 

The whole offensive philosophy is trash right now. The game was a ten point difference and the offense stopped running the ball in the second quarter. Everything was either a bad screen or a sit and wait for 20 yard pass downfield. Does Koetter even know how to coach an offense?

Just ask Donald about Free's burst...lol, an idiot punching (slapping) a helmet. That shows his mentality right there...NOTHINGness. Not to mention Donald jerking his *** up off the ground when he started bytch slapping at him...Was done with Freeman when his sister started the Salary increase crap during their SB year! Well he gots paid, and then stays hurt! Not worth the beans, but AB did him a solid with the guaranteed money. Good bye to Free and I wish him good luck. 

Just now, roguebeaver said:

Just ask Donald about Free's burst...lol, an idiot punching (slapping) a helmet. That shows his mentality right there...NOTHINGness. Not to mention Donald jerking his *** up off the ground when he started bytch slapping at him...Was done with Freeman when his sister started the Salary increase crap during their SB year! Well he gots paid, and then stays hurt! Not worth the beans, but AB did him a solid with the guaranteed money. Good bye to Free and I wish him good luck. 

That's all signs of frustration which have been sinking this team for the past five weeks. A fresh perspective will fix that.