Jump to content

Cut Freeman and sign Kareem Hunt in 2020?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Refried Beans said:

Cant do it because Freeman would kill us with Dead Money against the cap, we are stuck with Freeman for another year. 

I think we're fine doing a 6/1 cut on Freeman. I would assume his latest debacle and poor play would make him expendable next year. We gotta shed money somewhere, and paying top dollar for poor performance at a position like RB makes more sense than anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman isn't so bad. He seems to be in his own head with all the spin moves and jukes. He just needs to hit the hole. He still has some burst and once he is in the open field he can move. 

The whole offensive philosophy is trash right now. The game was a ten point difference and the offense stopped running the ball in the second quarter. Everything was either a bad screen or a sit and wait for 20 yard pass downfield. Does Koetter even know how to coach an offense?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t feel like Free has lost any burst, and the knee issue he had wasn’t something that should zap any burst. His vision has been dog**** which I attribute to him pressing too hard.

That said, why does Free still have so much dead money if we cut him after this year? Didn’t we sign him after 2016? Who the **** sets up a RB extension that you can’t get out of easily after THREE seasons?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about y’all but I loved what I saw out of Brian Hill yesterday in the sense of his urgency to get the ball and go, no dancing or fancy crap. He was determined to run the ball and I loved seeing that. With Ito out now and freeman acting out, I wanna see Ollison and what he might bring to the backfield as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I don’t feel like Free has lost any burst, and the knee issue he had wasn’t something that should zap any burst. His vision has been dog**** which I attribute to him pressing too hard.

That said, why does Free still have so much dead money if we cut him after this year? Didn’t we sign him after 2016? Who the **** sets up a RB extension that you can’t get out of easily after THREE seasons?

Idk. On top of pressing too hard, I just don't see a consistent burst going through holes. He's never been a speed guy, so when he has edges for big gains, they end up 2 yard gains since defenses are just running him down.

If we can't pound him up the middle, we're basically waiting for him to settle back down and hoping his vision comes back.

FWIW,  I think we need to run more off tackle stuff with Keith Smith lead blocking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Freeman isn't so bad. He seems to be in his own head with all the spin moves and jukes. He just needs to hit the hole. He still has some burst and once he is in the open field he can move. 

The whole offensive philosophy is trash right now. The game was a ten point difference and the offense stopped running the ball in the second quarter. Everything was either a bad screen or a sit and wait for 20 yard pass downfield. Does Koetter even know how to coach an offense?

Just ask Donald about Free's burst...lol, an idiot punching (slapping) a helmet. That shows his mentality right there...NOTHINGness. Not to mention Donald jerking his *** up off the ground when he started bytch slapping at him...Was done with Freeman when his sister started the Salary increase crap during their SB year! Well he gots paid, and then stays hurt! Not worth the beans, but AB did him a solid with the guaranteed money. Good bye to Free and I wish him good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roguebeaver said:

Just ask Donald about Free's burst...lol, an idiot punching (slapping) a helmet. That shows his mentality right there...NOTHINGness. Not to mention Donald jerking his *** up off the ground when he started bytch slapping at him...Was done with Freeman when his sister started the Salary increase crap during their SB year! Well he gots paid, and then stays hurt! Not worth the beans, but AB did him a solid with the guaranteed money. Good bye to Free and I wish him good luck. 

That's all signs of frustration which have been sinking this team for the past five weeks. A fresh perspective will fix that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...