Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
since68andcounting

Matthews and Donald

128 posts in this topic

The history we have with first round defensive linemen says that Donald would've been a bust and Matthews would've been a perennial All-Pro...

4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

The way I see it, Matt is in middle of his prime. End the DK experiment and let him thrive in WCO. I don’t have crystal ball to see how long he will last. But he may play 6-8 years coz he doesn’t rely on athleticism or arm strength. One concern is he took way too many hits.

We were running wco concepts at the end of the Cards?  Where was it when we were driving we’ll second half?  I think it was Cards. Looked like an entirely didn’t team from one half to the next. 

Yeah. I like at least 6 more years. 

6 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Have to agree with @Summerhill that Eli was done way before this year.

That being said, the main difference between the aforementioned QBs and Ryan is that I believe that their arm strength coming into the league was better than Ryan’s. So we have to take that into account.

That will be the first noticeable area affected on Ryan. I saw it a little bit last season. Some balls had a bit more arch than previous years. He’s getting the job done for the most part but it’s something I’ve been keeping an eye on. 

Love Ryan and I want him to retire as a Falcon. With the way the league is going it becomes harder to be a non-mobile QB in league unless you’re on some entirely different level, or have an amazing system like a Brees/Brady.

I think it’s a high probability that Quinn is gone next season and he’s replaced by an  offensive minded HC. This could lead to a change in philosophy.

For instance, if we hypothetically hired Lincoln Riley, I could see us drafting Tua if he was at our pick, because of the system he runs. 

Regardless of what happens I think Ryan will be with this team for years to come. What he lacks in physical talent he more than makes up for with football knowledge. He would be essential to have on this team to help groom our next QB. 

Unfortunately our system isn’t much of a system.  Might as well let Matt just call the plays. We don’t run those deep crosses like we used too  guess we don’t give him time enough to let those long developing plays emerge  

Breeze arm strength regressed last year down the stretch. His injury may help his longevity. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this