Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Vic says he let Quinn down

42 posts in this topic

No ill will towards Vic, takes a man to own his mistakes.  That said, I place Vic's failures 50/50 on Quinn as well.  I think Vic in the right situation may actually be more than a JAG in this league.

Freeney did more for Vic in 1 season than Quinn could do in 5.  Let that sink in.  God speed, Vic.  I wasn't always your biggest fan on the field, I questioned you many a time, but your coach did you zero favors during your time here. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

No ill will towards Vic, takes a man to own his mistakes.  That said, I place Vic's failures 50/50 on Quinn as well.  I think Vic in the right situation may actually be more than a JAG in this league.

Freeney did more for Vic in 1 season than Quinn could do in 5.  Let that sink in.  God speed, Vic.  I wasn't always your biggest fan on the field, I questioned you many a time, but your coach did you zero favors during your time here. 

It's actually an issue for the entire defense. The ONLY 2 players on defense that had a mentor outside of Vic were Alford and Trufant. Outside of those 3 everyone else had to learn the game through coaching, not an established veteran. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

It's actually an issue for the entire defense. The ONLY 2 players on defense that had a mentor outside of Vic were Alford and Trufant. Outside of those 3 everyone else had to learn the game through coaching, not an established veteran. 

Yup.  Talent will only take you so far.  This league is built on established veterans and developing young players.  We are operating with 1 hand behind our backs...

Cole World and ya_boi_j like this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Yup.  Talent will only take you so far.  This league is built on established veterans and developing young players.  We are operating with 1 hand behind our backs...

Yeah the only time true veteran presence isn't needed is when you actually have a good head coach and staff at the helm to coach them up. I can only think of a few around the league right now but none better than that one guy up north

athell likes this

Vic using the word execute twice in one quote addressing his lack of productivity is what some would call "being a **** tease."

18 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Neither would I.  

I'm just adding an observation.  

Gotcha.  All good!

18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah the only time true veteran presence isn't needed is when you actually have a good head coach and staff at the helm to coach them up. I can only think of a few around the league right now but none better than that one guy up north

Thank you for not bringing up his name or their name...namaste!

ya_boi_j likes this

21 minutes ago, athell said:

Gotcha.  All good!

Thank you for not bringing up his name or their name...namaste!

lol Aye I get annoyed everytime I see the names mentioned. I respect the game. 

athell likes this

Great he owned up to failing, good for him. He hasn't owned up to the fact that he has had every opportunity to work on his craft and has NOT. He had opportunities to train in the off season with outside pass rush trainers and didn't do it. He had opportunities to get extra work with his own coaches before TC and didn't do it. He has known he needed to develop pass rush moves and counter moves for going on 5 YEARS and he has NOT. There is something to be said for work ethic and he does not have it when it comes to improving himself in football. This is 100% on Beasley in my eyes.

8 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Yesterday was the first time in a while that I felt like Vic actually cares. He just sucks, ah well.

If he cared there would be more effort. He is marshmallow soft and his head is elsewhere other than football.