Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Vic says he let Quinn down

42 posts in this topic

A report on Sunday indicated that the Falcons are looking to trade defensive end Vic Beasley before next week’s trade deadline and Beasley responded to it after Sunday’s 37-10 loss to the Rams.

Beasley said he was aware of the report and hasn’t asked for a move, but if General Manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Dan Quinn “feel that’s what is needed, I’ll understand.” Quinn’s own future in Atlanta is in some doubt and Beasley was also asked about that topic.

Beasley said he feels the Falcons have players to win games and that he doesn’t believe he’s done enough to support the coach to this point in the season.

“Yeah, I feel like I’ve let him down,” Beasley said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He’s made some great calls. We just have to execute. He’s making good calls. It’s up to us to execute them.”

The Falcons are now 1-6 and they have a bye after facing the Seahawks in Week Eight. If things don’t change on the field for that game, the team may look significantly different when they do return to action in Week 10.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/21/vic-beasley-feels-hes-let-dan-quinn-down/

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Didn’t Debo and Allen say the same thing. I am tired of this cliches. It’s players way of giving vote on confidence to DQ like AB.

The Defense has no football players, bunch of egos and no accountability. A clueless coach leading the way. 

Brotherhood

falcons007 and Flying Falcon like this

I feel sorry for VB he is overmatched in the NFL and has to realize his career is wrapping up. The way he moved yesterday was not very good. He was doing spin moves into the center of the line vs using the move to get away from people. He doesn't even have BASIC line moves down. No swim move, no use of leverage, just nothing. I don't see anything in him that would have warranted us taking him with a 1st round pick. He literally looks like a 3rd string player at best. 

vitaman likes this

On the one hand, Beasley is being misused.  The TD, for example, isn't his fault.

On the other hand, when Beasley is properly used, he fails to produce.  It's hard to blame the coach for trying new things when the one thing he should be good at is the one thing he consistently fails to do -- rush the QB.

It's a sad state all around, but Beasley is a large part of the problem.  If he's upset he's letting the coach down, well, stop letting the coach down and do your job.

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

On the one hand, Beasley is being misused.  The TD, for example, isn't his fault.

On the other hand, when Beasley is properly used, he fails to produce.  It's hard to blame the coach for trying new things when the one thing he should be good at is the one thing he consistently fails to do -- rush the QB.

It's a sad state all around, but Beasley is a large part of the problem.  If he's upset he's letting the coach down, well, stop letting the coach down and do your job.

Agreed. Also, if Vic can’t rush the passer, Quinn needs to bench him. Even if the person behind him is not ready. So we lose by 40 points instead of 30, who cares?

Then Vic can spend extra time working on that spin move.

JDaveG and vitaman like this

Bottom line, we don't need V Bustley telling us what we already know. This does nothing to help the team...only trying to circle the wagons and shield Dan Quinn...wah, wah, wah, Bustley.

Very sad that you go public and offer your wisdom...all you were asked to do, is your job and you FAILED! Simple as that. So, hope you get traded, and live long and prosper, just not on the fans dime, in Atlanta...you've been paid good so far, now go and swindle some other poor football suckers. You have been measured and left wanting here in Atlanta.

PS, take your daddy Quinn with you, when you leave, as you surely will, be leaving Atlanta!

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I literally don't think that Beasley can do his job.

He just isn't even an average defensive end. He had one lucky/fluke year.

He's a good guy. He just isn't an NFL player.